1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do people handle their dolls, gloves or no gloves?

Jul 18, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Gloves? Oh, that would ruin the lovely feel of the resin ^^ All my boys have different resin, and each one feels so nice in hand (especially, I have to say, Volks Pureskin-- the softness is unmatched); cool and each its own texture. I take care with my nails if they are painted, keep my hands clean (which I do anyway), keep sharp things like rings, etc, off to avoid scratches, and bathe my crew regularly to make sure they haven't gotten a stain, dirt, or anything, but using gloves or hand coverings never crossed my mind. I love to feel my toys while I admire them lol It sounds weird, yes, but it's true: I love my soft plushes, my PVC figures, etc.

2. I use gloves if I am doing a pastel intensive faceup, because the oil from your fingers can cause pastels to clump, but other than that, no. I just make sure my hands are clean.

3. Same as most other people, I don't wear gloves but I only touch them when my hands are clean. But I'm willing to admit that I forgot once or twice, and touched them right after I'd eaten something 8D;;

Unfortunately I HAVE touched them while wearing nail polish... I never even thought of it. I was changing the eyes or something and got a blue mark on its face. It was pretty hard to get off T__T

4. I bought my doll to have fun with it, that means playing with it freely like a toy. I know it was expensive and it needs special care, but they aren't THAT bad. The makers of these lovelies sold them sturdy and able to handle a lot. I think fingerprints isn't one of their dangers. X_x Gloves just sound a little extreme to me, my hands are soft and clean at all times, they're not gonna harm it. Heck, I accidently got marker on the resin and it came off with one quick wipe.
      I'll use gloves to protect my hands if I'm using something that irritates it, to protect my precious doll from my clean hands? No way X.x

Though, those of you that do use gloves probably have smoother faceups. :sweat Oh well.

Ahh, really? What color was it? I had green nail polish on my doll's toes without a sealer or anything for like..3 weeks. It came off with a Magic Eraser and warm water. ^-^; Though I admit, I scrubbed so much that the squeaky noises woke up the birds outside, and they started singing thinking the squeaking sponge was another bird.

5. Like so many have said, no way do I use gloves when handling my doll. Touching is all part of the experience, and a little dirt is easy to wash off. Of course I make sure my hands aren't filthy, and I avoid touching her face as much as humanly possible.

6. No I don't wear gloves, but I do wash my hands if I've been eating or if they feel dirty. I also wipe off my nail polish because that can leave nasty stains if your not careful.

Sorry but the poll question is so funny LOL

7. Gloves? Never.

I was so scared I'd break Shiwoo when I first go him, but now I handle him pretty rough. I shouldn't, but I do. :sweat

8. probably at first i will just because i'll be afraid to dirty him up but eventually i'll get used to it XD(though i am a girl who plays with action figures then cleans them with spit/water afterwards because they look dirty)

9. Love the wording on the question. Win all the way.

And no, I don't use gloves. I just don't touch her face-up, and am careful around her tattoos.

10. I don't wear gloves, but I always wash my hands before playing with my dolly. :)

11. I only wear gloves when I am handling the pastels to do Kaito's faceup so I don't get it all over my fingers and leave dirty marks all over his face (this happened once with red pastel and I didn't realize until I had finished and I had to wipe the whole thing and start again ><).
      My boy is almost always with me, so as long as my hands look clean then I don't mind handling him. Besides its nothing a little soap and water won't get off. I'm not even that concerned with not touching his faceup because I know that if it rubs off or gets too dirty I can always redo it.
      The only thing I make sure of is that I have on clear nailpolish or none at all because when I first got Kaito I left a nice big line of black down his face from where my nailpolish (which was about a week old, so it was dry in case you were wondering) rubbed, I cleaned and cleaned but it didn't come off properly until I took off all his old makeup to redo his faceup).

12. No, no gloves...XD
      I just keep my hands clean when I touch them, all I need to do is not touching their faces.

13. I didn't even notice the wording of the poll until I read all the comments mentioning it ^__^;; *laughs really hard*...

I don't, but I'm tempted to, at least when I'm repositioning their heads. Normally , I try and do it by grabbing the wig as much as possible, or sometimes the ears. For just carrying them around, I wouldn't... but if it's something where I'd be handling them for a looong time (putting a really complicated outfit) I'd consider it. But I don't own any... so I don't... but I'm pretty used to wearing gloves anyways from my summer job (cleaning houses @_@) so yeah...

14. I wipe my hands if I've been handling anything messy, and I may wear one glove for some parts of blushing/face up work, but that's all. Tanal demands way to many cuddles to take the time for excess measures.

Now, if I could find a nice pair of thin gloves to wear all the time I would be handling him gloved, not to protect him, rather to keep my hands warm. My hands are always freezing!

15. Would have never crossed my mind to wear gloves to hold a doll, if you didn't mention it ;) For me dolls are really to play with, not to display as in museum. When I got my first, I used to wash hands before picking her up, but now I don't bother anymore. I give baths to my dolls once in a while, that's all.

16. I just wash my hands before touching my dolls. I also never touch the face. My doll's bodies are not blushed so I don't really have to be concerned about possibly getting skin oils on any painted/coated part of the doll. (Rainman said once that skin oils can damage a faceup).

Carolyn

17. No protection here!;) If my hands are obviously dirty I will wash them, but other than that, no. I watch handling the heads..but they get sponge baths when there are some smudges.

18. Mister Clean sponges can work wonders, so why wear gloves?

19. I voted no, since I never use gloves to handle my dolls..... But obviously I do handle them with care.... I don't just toss them around. ^^;

20. I don't think I'll ever wear gloves to handle my dolls, they'd just be a nuisance.. gloves usually make my hands go all weird and feel really bulky so I'd probably do more damage with rather than without! :lol: