1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do people handle their dolls, gloves or no gloves?

Jul 18, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I'm sure wearing gloves would make you more likely to drop them...

But no... Since I can quite happily take them apart and clean them if needed.

2. Nah, no gloves. I take my dolls outside to parks, gardens, etc. There wouldn't be much point to the gloves.

3. I had planned to wear gloves before I actually got him, especially since I have so many around my house. But then he got here and I just...didn't.

4. Oops.. I don' use gloves either, though I do sometimes... :sweat

5. I've had cloth stain dolls. I've had everything from black velvet stains on my dolls, denim stains, and even stains from paint from surrounding objects. NONE of it stained. I freaked out originally, because of all the "staining" horror stories. However, i find that 99 percent of all "staining" is surface only and can be removed with a MCME. I had denim stains on my dolls, from leaving them in the denim for MONTHES....i finally took off the pants, and found stains, and freaked cuz they had been there for so long. the MCME took them right out, no sweat.

These dolls really ARE more resilient than people give them credit for.

6. I tried to use gloves once just because I didn't want DoD's eye putty getting under my nails and over everything else. But other than that one time, nope, don't use gloves.

7. I just wash my hands before handling her if I'm going to be touching the resin itself. I usually am a little obsessive about keeping things clean, so she is safe from smudges. I leave her faceup alone too. :sweat

8. no gloves. I wouldn't enjoy my dolls as much if I had to wear gloves...

9. I was my hand before I'm handling some of my dolls, but I'm actually washing my hands before I start on any activity (cooking, dealing with my computer, reading books) Because dirty/sweaty/greasy fingers are bad always. But I'm perhaps more persistent about washing my hands when handling my dolls than other things ^^; But gloves I've never used, no...

10. Never use gloves! I do, however, make sure my hands are cleaned, and give my boys a good scrubbing every other week or so with a magic eraser.

My boys are my toys, and certainly not just something to look at. I'm a huge kid at heart and will dress and prance them around, just as if I were 12.

11. I have never used gloves to handle any of my dolls. I do take care to keep them well-tended to in terms of keeping them clean, and as free from dust as I can.

12. I don't wear gloves but I do be careful to make sure I don't have like, greassy or dirty hands when playing.

13. I check to make sure I don't have paint, pencil etc on my hands first (I'm an illustrator), but I love the feel of the dolls and I find gloves uncomfortable, plus I've always had the "I'd rather use it and mess it up than leave it on a shelf" attitude about my stuff, whether it's good china, dolls or clothes. Life is meant to be lived without gloves;-)

14. No gloves... ever (there is no point since I drag my dolls around the garden plopping them in various flowerbeds for good photos,they get muddy :lol:)

15. I don't use gloves with my girl, but like at lunch today I had touched something greasy and I made sure I had wiped my hands down and then used the corner of a new napkin to show my mom what I was talking about. I'm just used to washing my hands a ton cause I work in the medical field.

16. The only time I wear gloves is when I'm changing out my dolls eyes. Picking them out to move them or change out outfits no. I just maybe sure my hands have been washed.

17. I wash my hands first but since she isn't a $2500+ LE, its just bare hands! ^o^

18. Nah, I just make sure my hands are clean.

19. The only time I wear gloves when handling dolls is when I'm doing esthetics.