1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do people handle their dolls, gloves or no gloves?

Jul 18, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I don´t wear gloves at all, but I do always wash my hands before touching my dolls. :) And try to touch their faces as less as possible.
      Luckily, nobody in my family has ever tried to touch them except for my sister, of course, as she´s co-owner of them, but she does wash her hands always. :)

2. I only use gloves when doing a face-up, but not on a daily basis when playing with my dolls.

3. Ehh...Nah.....I just wash my hands before handling them. No gloves for me.

4. This is an interesting question, because in many of the postings on Yahoo!Japan the sellers make a point of saying that the dolls have only been handled while wearing gloves. I always thought it was weird. I wonder if that's common in the "adopted child" culture. No gloves here!

5. No, I just wash my hands like a mad lady all the time:kitty1

Sera~

6. Nah, just make sure my hands aren't like... smothered in oil or anything. As for touching their faces and ruining the faceups... I do all my own faceups so I figure if they get mussed up I can just redo em.

~Giovanna

7. No gloves here! Whenever I visit the Volks LA store, I always come away thinking I need to buy a pair of gloves to handle my dolls with after watching the employees with their little white gloves XD; Never got around to it though. Probably won't ever. ^^;

8. I don't ever wear gloves or anything like that. I just make sure to wash my hands before I play with my girls and I *try* not to touch their faces, but occasionally it does happen, but their face-ups are still as perfect as ever.:lol:

9. Hmm... I can see where it would be handy but I don't use gloves when i'm handling the dolls..
      It would be kinda odd wearing protection to touch stuff your own stuff..

*still snickering at wording of the poll*

10. I don't cover my hands when playing with my dolls, but I make sure thay are clean and usually try to handle them from above their clothes.

lol, the wording for the poll made be laugh as well XD

11. Good grief! Life is too short to put on gloves every time I handle a doll.

Two of them went camping with me this weekend. They may need a bit of a clean now we're home, but it hasn't done them any harm.

Teddy

12. nope. well i did once, but that was for this photoshoot and i was borrowing a really pretty dress from a friend..and didnt want to get IT dirty...

with my own stuff i don't really worry..i can wash all of it anyways.

13. No gloves, but I do wash my hands before handling them, just in case.

14. I don't use gloves, I just check that my hands are clean.

15. I've found I'm a very tactile person. I love to touch things. And things that are pretty are even more at risk of the wandering, lusting fingers! ;)

I bought my boys to be fondly fondled. :XD:

Smudges? That's what soap or Mr. Clean is for! :thumbup

16. ^^ No gloves. I don't want to have to mince around so much with my own possessions. I tend to wash my hands first, but I do that before I start touching a lot of my things. Well, I just wash my hands quite a bit as it is.

17. I handle my dolly with bare hands. I don't see why people buy dolls if they don't really enjoy and play with them :)

18. Nope, I make sure my hands are clean but their gonna get a bath every so often anyway >.>

19. I wash my hands if I feel they're greasy or dirty if I'm just playing with my doll, but if I'm changing eyes or doing anything that involves his face, I'll put vinyl gloves on (mostly to stop my hands from reacting to the eye putty... silly latex allergy)

That and I dont want to mess up his face-up. I haven't quite decided on how I want it repainted.

20. ..."Do you use protection when playing?"- oh god my mind totally went to the gutter there. LMFAO XD
      So. Back on subject. *cough* I shower them with kisses and pat them all the time, though I will wash my hands if they are dirty/greasy. Other wise? Nope, no protection or cleaning-ritual before playing with them. ;)