1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do people handle their dolls, gloves or no gloves?

Jul 18, 2007

?
  1. Yes

2. No

3. Sometimes

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Lol i couldnt help it when i started this poll! My mind is in the gutter a lot. Thanks for all the replys, i never realised so many people would look at it!

2. I... don't even wash my hands. I clean them every now and then but my dolls are a rough bunch. They aren't cabinet babies.
      Vin: *is tough*
      I am also very lazy and forgetful, and also messy.

3. ....*snicker* I'm sorry. ^^;;

But no, I don't wear gloves. I wash my hands a lot, but I'm normally like that so its not like it's special treatment for the dollies or anything...(I'm so germaphobic I almost have a fear of my own fear. o_o;; ) I don't wash them either, but I just started collecting back in February, so it's not like they're really dirty anyway...>.>;

4. I don't wear gloves, I just make sure my hands are relitively clean before I touch them.:)

5. I just make sure I wash my hands before touching mine. Wearing gloves is just excessive.

6. Nope, no gloves here. I'm playing, not doing surgery.

7. I just got my first BJD in and at first I thought about it because I read somewhere that the resin can soak up the oils from your fingers, but I decided not to. I would be more afraid she would slip out of my hands with gloves.

8. Who wears gloves when playing? Just touch the things!

9. Unless i just woke up I usually wash my hands or rinse they b4 touching my angels. How would you use gloves anyway? Seems like it would make dressing them more of a nightmare.

10. i'd usually wash my hands before playing with them or there'll be dirt prints on my boy.

11. no, haha, I've rolled around in the dirt with my dolls, I can always wipe 'em down if something goes wrong...I just avoid screwing up their faceups :)

12. Um.

Ok, that was really weird, because I was thinking "I'm CERTAIN I've answered this question before, why isn't it showing up?"

Because... I answered the question on a forum related to an entirely different hobby!!!

*giggling like a loon*

Seriously! This was asked on one of the anime cel discussion boards. Answered the same there, too, with a resounding "huh?" Although it would make a heck of a lot more sense to me to get my lazy self into THAT habit, as fingerprints on cels are an amazing pain to remove. My dolls? No. There's nobody here who isn't well-loved. And they all get bathed pretty regularly too. In this household, it would just be a waste of effort to glove myself - and as I'm fairly accident prone to begin with I'd probably have one of the expensive ones slip out of my grasp.

13. no I like to feel my dolls when I play with them ^^

14. The thought never occured to me, but I don't think I'll change my hygiene habits at all when I get a doll, but you know, I am better than most guys, I wash my hands after I go to the bathroom >.<

15. I only limit skin to resin contact when I am customising a doll - painting it and so forth because the oils in my skin can affect the paint and the sealer.

16. i usually use white cotton gloves if i have to touch the head or face, to reposition it or put a wig on. if im only touching the body i don't use gloves.

17. I wouldn't want a doll that I'd have to put gloves on to play with.

18. Somehow, for me, using gloves other then doing their face up makes it feel like there is something between me and my doll. D:

That understandable? Or odd? XD;;No barrier's lest I'm doing a face up. T_T

19. I think everyone has said it. "I don't worry about gloves,I can wipe dirt off of my darlings" and "I just wash my hands first"

so yeah totally agree.

20. Nah no gloves, just wash my hands before handling them, that's enough for me... gloves feels like... mad doll scientist XD omg no no ^^