1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your dolls?

Jan 26, 2006

1. I carry mine like a baby, unless my hands are full. Then I scoop him up and let him dangle by the waist X_X.

hes a big boy, he can handle it.

2. Same here. The way he's strung and put together, Harumatsu is a bit of a cuddlebug... so that's about the only way to do it without stopping and reposing him after I've picked him up.

3. *squee* :chibi that's so damn cute :) :) :)

I carry mine in the crook of my arm, or if I'm walking to the car or whatever, I'll hold her in front of my, sitting on my arm, and her head tucked under my chin.

4. Sai lays on my arm and I hold his feet with that same hand, or he'll sit ontop of the crook of my arm.

He'll sit on one shoulder and I'll hold his ankles.

Actually... Manda carries him : 3 For I am lazy.

5. if i'm carrying one doll they are usually in the crook of my arm. i think i can only carry two without my arm falling off. but if i'm carrying two they sit on my arm and their faces twards me. i can carry three SDs and a Yo-SD at one time on one arm o.o its really hard and i only do it if i'm just moving them into another room. if i'm just carrying my Yo-SD i just hold him in my hand or put him in my sweater or something.

6. Sitting in the crook of my left arm (I..just can't do it with my right XD). When I need to move them both at the same time, they sit that way on the same arm. It's a skill I've acquired (and had to) :' D

7. Thanks everyone! Generally I carry Tristan in the bend of one arm, but if my hands were full then I put him around my neck and hook his feet together. I was worried that I was doing it "wrong".

8. I carry Key in the crook of my arm too, and yeah left is far more comfortable than right, despite being right handed. If I'm out I'll sometimes carry him with one leg on either side of my neck and his hands "holding" on to my hair. (If I have my hair pulled back I'll loops his hands in there so I can feel if he falls backwards.)

I'm short so I don't really have to worry about him running into anything when I do that though.

9. Cradled against me in one arm - or if I'm carrying two, the smaller on the bigger one's lap, so I can balance them both on one arm and put the other round the two of them for safety.

10. Kazutaka goes in the crook of my left arm. It's snuggly and safe, so incase someone comes close to 'touch' him, I can turn away easier. :3

11. I do the arm crook too, cause if I carried Arwen (A DDII with custom head) like a plushie it would look...I dunno...weird? Since I' ma 20-year old walking around with a doll, I want to look a little more...sophisticated I guess? And carrying her like she's a little person looks more 'cool' I guess than if I treat her like she's a toy I'm hauling around. Also people will look at her more like “Oh…she’s sitting up on her own and looking at me!” some double take thinking I have a baby or something. I dunno if that makes sense. XD;

As for my new baby Ru (only 10 inches tall) I really can’t figure out how to carry her yet…. XD;;; So far I’ve carried her in my palm in front of me. She’s just so light. XD;; (Compared to Arwen that is).

12. I hold mykal and damien usually pushed against the side of my tummy, on the left...with my forearm under their arm, pressing against their tummy holding them to me. The problem is that after a while, my elbow gets sore...and it is hard to carry them any other way....

So, i'm devising a sort of "mommy pouch" to wear that hangs from the shoulders, and holds two SD13 sized boys and lets them hang right in front of your tummy.....they will be easy to take in and out of it, for pictures, but my hands will be free to do other things.

I made one recently for a meetup, but it was a lace-up front, and held the doll tightly....so it was a pain to take him out of it for each photo op....

the next one will be MUCH easier to take them out of, or to drop them back inside, quickly, without much effort.

Jordan-Mykal

13. remedy ends up over my shoulder like i'm burping a baby sometimes. or in the crook of one of my arms. or like a teddy bear. or however she feels like being carried, heh. eisley is a bit smaller, and usually ends up in the crook of my arm or just with my hand around her waist. munkie is tiny and is usually carried in one hand. :)

14. while at Acen i discovered that i could easiest carry Isazu by slinging my bag around in front of me and letting him sit on it with my right hand ready to steady him if he slipped- but he seemed very comfortable there, and never did. Akemi rides in the crook of my arm, a la Rozen Maiden. i tried teddy-style and nobody liked that!

15. Sinku style XD or over the shoulder when both hands are needed. ^^;

16. I've decided to knit a sling for the doll/s. I've heard that these fellas and ladies are kinda heavy. And I'm kinda lazy. And so a sling I can just carry them around easier. And they'd have some amount of protection. XD

Course, I have to get the doll first.

17. I either carry mac-daddy around in the crook of my arm, or I sit him on my hip like he was 4 year old. That works well...lol. ...could me babyin' him too..*shrugs* dont know if my next boy will let me do that...*giggles*

18. i dunno yet...i assume i will carry her like a baby, but we will see.

19. He sits on the edge of my hand, wedged inbetween my forearm and chest while using my upperarm as a backrest. I love how his legs dangle while I carry him around. My left arm is always free. Sometimes I'd carry him on my shoulder and hold onto his legs, but that's kind of awkward.

20. sitting up in the crook of my elbow. =)