1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your dolls?

Jan 26, 2006

1. I put my boys in the crook of my left elbow, in a sitting position with one sort of in the other's lap. Sometimes I have them sitting next to each other on my left arm, but facing me, so I can hold them against me with my right hand. I've found that these are the most secure ways for me to carry them, and the second method also prevents loose wigs from flying off. ^^

2. I usually carry them in the crook of my arm, and, if I'm in town or other places with people around, with a rat leash and harness around their waist so people can't take them and run. If I carry more than one around the house or something, I'll have them perched on my right arm and steadied against my chest with the left.

If I'm carrying Kefka, I'll be holding his legs, because he kicks when I carry or pick him up. Not when I pose him, mind you, just when lifted. He's such a pissy little thing.

3. It depends on the situation for me I guess. Sometimes I cradle my boy but most of the time he stays perched on my arm a la Shinku. XD

4. I usually carry him in the crook of my elbow, my hand curving around the front to hold onto his legs from from knee down. Very secure position. And sometimes, I shift my hand a little and he holds my finger. ^_^

Right now though he's sitting on my shoulder, looking down upon the world from his high perch. I was testing to see how well he balanced there and apparently, pretty well. His ass is good for sitting I guess...

5. XD I don't often have to carry them far, but when I pick either one of my guys up, I just grab them by the neck and go.

6. I basically set his bum on my hip and put an arm around his waist. If I hold him any other way his feet tend to turn around backwards and scare people.

7. If I'm carrying either boy, I just pick them up around the waist and transport them within my house. xP Outside, Winter will rest in the crook of my arm, whereas if I'm carrying Gage I'll hold onto him or something, because he's smaller... he'll perch on my hand or on on my forearm. ^_^

My friend Spencer prefers the shoulder method when carrying Winter. He finds that it doesn't work so well with Gage, however. xD

8. i put him in my jacket with his arms and head sticking out, or hugging him close cuz i dont want his wig to blow off or anything. or i let my bf hold him xD

9. I usually carry Caleb in the crook of my left arm.

10. I do the knees bent cradling thing until my arms get tired, then I prop them on my shoulders like a small child, or stuff the smaller of them into a purse.

11. I'm developing a method of carring her on my shoulder with her hold my bra strap. And of course mangled in my hair for safety. Or like everyone else I do the arm crock or have my neechan hold her on her the tray of her wheelchair!!

12. Now that is a kickass idea! It would also help save them from a bump and fall. I'm always terrified that I'll drop mine and break them if I take them out in public, then thorougly embarrass myself when I break down in tears over them having fallen. >.>

13. I just hold them in my hands mostly, cos I only have minis and tinies. just grabbed round the waist in an ungraceful way..hehe...

14. Like many others, I carry them on the my forearm, nestled against the crook of my elbow. Since Calamity wears skirts, I have to tuck his skirt up under his legs before I set him on my arm, so that he doesn't flash people. Byakko just sits there very merrily. :3

15. Anyway that's safest for him ^.^

16. One of two ways.

One, I cradle him in one palm with the other hand on his chest so he wont fall.

Two, I hold up my arm and have him sit on it with my other hand on his lap, once again so he wont fall. Hope this helped! nn

17. I find that I carry each doll a different way...with my Hound Dalton I hold him close to me with him facing me, and my hand under his but, it could just his size and don't want him to fall but I don't carry my smaller ones that way..my other SD dolls are in various stages of being done..so they don't get moved alot unless being worked on and then i hold them enough so they don't fall...but with Dalton I hug him.

18. Jack 'sits' in the palm of my hand with my fingers pressed against his lower back like a chair back, looking back over my shoulder, with his legs clamped between my arm and my body. Granted, this means I'm carrying him around backwards, but he hasn't gotten motion sick and thrown up on me yet... :)

I tried carrying him cradled in my arm, but that always knocks his wig askew.

19. I hold ma 43 cm boy by putting his butt on my forearm, facing me and hold his left wrist. But he can see things on my right clearly while being safe from oncoming smearing 'danger' though. XD

20. It depends on which doll I'm carrying.

James is particular about the way he is treated. He expects to be waited upon and handled with respect, and indifference I believe. I usually put him on my left hand in a sitting position. I often hold him close to my body despite his protests over being treated like a child.

Depending on what we're doing I sometimes hold Solephone the same way. Other times my forearm holds her to me (at her waist). It gives her the feeling of levitating through the house.

TW has wings, so holding her close in any way does not work. *ahem* I hold her by the waist so she can fly from room to room. She is a faery. I also do the sitting-on-the-hand thing with her... because she's a faery. She perches where she pleases.

Emi's whole body fits on my hand, so she is carried in a sitting position in the palm of my hand. She likes to feel secure. I carry her in her chair a lot too, using two hands to keep her feeling safe.