1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your dolls?

Jan 26, 2006

1. I have found that SD dolls are a lot easier to carry than MSDs. I just hold her kinda like a baby because she is pretty much to scale of a newborn,just lighter. I have a DOD carrying case so, that works as well!

But a baby carrier sounds cute! ^_^

2. the yoga mat sounbds perfect!!!! i need to get one of those..

3. ^O^ I would use a baby carrier but Kaiden's like 16...

So yeah ^^'

4. I'm thinking just buy a coffin case with a pouch in the lid to store cash in,so when buying something,you can freak people out because theres a doll in there

5. I'm glad I found this thread, because I was just about to post a thread like this up! Thanks!

6. No prob,Kati.

7. Right now I just carry my SD boy on my arm in the "sitting" position. But I'm making a trip to the LA Volks store next month and am exteremely tempted to buy a violin case. I've always wanted one, but they're a tad pricey, soI've always been curious whether or not I would just be better off converting a regualr violin case instead. *shrugs* honestly though, its all a matter of personal preference. What youre comfortable carrying your doll around in.

8. ^o^ I've tried carrying my MNF on my shoulder,it's alot lighter and mom thinks he looks like a little prince or my muse

9. Well I have one of those baby carries they are so cute:aheartbea Darien is a 60cm and I guess he loves it too but he doesn't say anything, he is so shy:lol: , see the pics and you see:) I really recommend these things, this is a easy way to carry them and they just love it, dolls always want to be with us so close to feel our love:D
      [​IMG][​IMG]
      [​IMG][​IMG]
      [​IMG]

10. I usually carry Gavin in a messenger bag but it's really not that sturdy, I am tempted to go build one myself but we'll see what happens with that lol

11. Psicomaniatica,your Darien is so precious! What model is he?
      I like the idea,except Kaiden would kill me if I used a baby carrier for him.

12. He is a Dream of Doll DOT Homme Ducan!!!!!!!!!

13. Well, depends on whether or not you want your doll to be "out" and seen or not....

for general transportation - depending on how many I take, I have various bag/totes/carriers/coverted bowling ball ball that I use...

for having my doll(s) out - well, kinda of by accident, we discovered that an Umbrella stroller works really, really well! Can put up to 4 60-70cm dolls (yes, two dolls have to sit on the other two dolls laps). AND they can be 'strapped' in!

Also, if you have an additional "tote" for the back of the umbrella stroller, another doll or two can stand up in the tote.

Then, of course, smaller dolls can sit on laps or shoulders...

Worked out really, really well at the Animae Festival we went to! Lots of people stopped to look at what exactly was in the stroller!! LOL!!

I've also been toying with the idea of designing something on the order of the Build-a-Bear Workshop front/back carrier. It is based on a baby carrier. I'm not sure if the BABW one can be adapted for our dolls or what size doll it would work best with.

Hmmmm... still debating it! WIll post if I come up with a better idea!

14. ^.^ I have a 43cm MNF Shiwoo,and it's fun to carry him on my shoulder ^.^

15. well when I'm at home and I have to carry my Hound I usually hold onto him around the waist with one hand.

16. Most of the time I use my messenger bag...
      Though I only have one doll and when my other one comes, I don't think I can fit two SD dolls in there.

17. Oh... everyone else has made so much to get a bag fit for carrying dolls... I just.. errr... walked to my hometown's nicest and most <3 fleamarket one day and walked out with this.. REALLY pretty suede bag. Brown, kind of.. dark brown flower pattern in it. It's the perfect size to tuck a sd sized doll sitting there 83 The only thing it needs, is some stuffing. I'm pretty sure some safetypins and pillows will do the trick <3 :)

18. mm I'm hoping my msd fits in the coffin bag my boyfriends mom got me.
      But tote bags seem good.. or a big purse..

19. I'm thinking of using a messenger bag for Kaiden... When it's not appropriate to carry him *snorts* like when my dad's with us,he refuses to let Kaiden come if he's there,which is completely stupid!