1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you carry your larger dolls?

Dec 4, 2011

1. I know a lot of people that buy a hard rolling suitcases and line them with foam and fabric and add pillows when they put their dolls in them, you might want to look into doing just that. That way, you can not only have a custom one for your dolls, but it might be cheaper, especially if you get one from a thrift store. Make sure you get a hard one, NOT a soft one!

Hope this helps!

Ryu

2. For more dolls, I like to use a large sportsbag with wheels. If I bring only one doll and we go by car, the Impldoll carrier bag is a good alternative.
      Another question: Has anybody ever used a babycarrier for e.g. 70 cm dolls?

3. I have rolling sewing machine case that works great for bigger dolls. Sitting opposite two fit very nicely, and if they're on the smaller side you can get more in there. I use the cushions that are in doll boxes for shipping to wrap them in so there is no damage in transit. I've packed a lot of dolls in that thing. It's ugly, but works great

4. I was actually kind of wondering this too. I want to bring Ame out to take photos, etc but I'm entirely unsure what's safest. I don't own any appropriately sizes suitcases or doll bags.. I was originally just going to put her in the back of my car ;; I'm wondering if a gym bag would work.

5. Do you mean the kind that goes around your body so you can carry a baby close to you? If so, I know of someone that did something similar, but they had a 60cm and what I think was a 65cm boy in it at the same time! ;)

Ryu

6. Yes, I mean something like that. I would like to go to a comic convention in Germany, and I think this could be a good alternative to carry the big guy on my arms.

7. Well, like I said, my friend had two BJDs in one baby carrier, so I'm guessing that one would be okay. Try taking your big guy to the store and try on a carrier with him to see if it will work for you.

Personally, I prefer umbrella strollers. I'm not sure if you have them in your country, but here in the US, you can find them for around $15-$25USD.

Way back in 2011, I mentioned the stroller. Here is a very old pic from that year of Tatsuha and Ryuichi in one. Tatsuha is the 70cm on the left. I put his booted feet on the footrest, strap him in and he's good to go! :) Ryuichi is a regular 60cm SD for comparison purposes.

[​IMG]

Ryu

8. I have done both...carried my dollie in my arms and used a variety of carry cases. My biggest doll is a Dollshe boy so in the 70cm range and they get HEAVY fast. I just got a real dollie carrying case which I haven't used yet but before that I used a violin case I had converted into a dollie case and that is super nice for traveling and conventions ect because it is hard sided so the doll is completely protected but it is a tight fit for bigger dolls. I have used in the past a yoga mat bag too which was nice but soft sided so you need to wrap the doll and use a face protector but it is much lighter weight which makes it nice

9. Maybe I'm in the minority, but often when my dolls go to a con with me, they're cosplaying, so I'm more prone to want them to be seen. I made the mistake of carrying around Tatsuha's heavy 7lbs/3.1kg butt (Spiritdoll Proud v2 hybrid) in my arms for 12 hours at a con once, never again! Even carrying around Ryuichi's 4.5lbs/2kg (CP Delf Shiwoo) self gets tiring after a bit, even in a bag.

But for those that prefer a carry bag of some type, more power to you. I didn't like it, even thrown over my shoulder and on my back.:sweat

Ryu

10. I'll carry his big Ellana in the bag - carrying . I'm afraid of dust and do not want to curious passers-by were asked to keep my baby in arms

11. I've been looking for a case...I REALLY love this one you have shared. I thought of making my own out of a padded cloth (make into a tote) but this one seems like a safe place for them. I'll check it out.Thanks !!

12. I got a big pink coffin carrying case at Sakuracon two years ago, and that's primarily what I use now. I don't have enough dolls to warrent a different carrying case.
      My therapy doll (a off topic Vinyl) is usually carried on my shoulder, either held in place with my hand or clipped onto some rings that I sewed onto my backpack strap. If I'm walking long distances, she gets wrapped in a blanket and set into my backpack (a sling backpack, one of those ones with a single strap). She's very light, tho', and I doubt I'd be able to do the same thing with a resin doll.

13. Yoga mat bag :) sling it over your shoulder like a backpack and off you go. They tend to be approx 65cm long so perfect for SD sized BJDs. Also you can get them in all kinds of pretty colours/patterns for only like £10, whereas SD BJD carriers tend to be expensive and only available in a few colours.

14. Can I just say, the picture of you and your doll just makes me so happy. You look so happy together. Also, not to in any form bring harm to your beautiful doll, but how rare it is for the beauty showcased to become the doll holder instead~ You two look so good together eeee <3

15. Using a stroller is such a super smart idea! :) When i get my first doll, I know I will want to carry him everywhere,and in NO form want to put him away... but even the strongest of loves can hold the weakest of arms. This is perfect, nothing to carry, and your baby still is in your view! However, If I use the same thing, I think I'll improve on the stroller idea~ I'm going to put the extra effort into redesigning the outside of the stroller as if it were a cosplay prop, making it look more like an open faced carriage, or other non child means of transportation. <3

16. I carried my Soom Gluino around at a convention and had to keep sitting down as he is so heavy lol
      My arm was numb for days !

17. My DikaDoll Shall gets carried in my arms or sometimes on top of my purse/bag at my side with my arm around him to keep him steady. I haven't taken him many places or for more than afternoon so I've never needed much more than that. If he didn't wear robes big enough to make clothes for myself out of I'd be tempted to try him in one of those front baby carriers you wear like a vest just for giggles

18. The yoga bag is a great idea. I got one of those Dollzone bags from MoC and the zipper broke after two meetups and one trip. I've had the same thing happen with cheap tripod bags. So a yoga bag is even cheaper......if only Pelican made dolly cases then you could bypass the cheap zipper scenario.....

19. I use a case. It can be tiring holding them, besides I dig doing the Rozen Maiden style suitcase.

20. To avoid starting a new topic, anyone know how to stiffen the sides of a 26'' round yoga mat bag in order to make it easier to carry SDs? Is there some kind of cardboard lining you're supposed to use for stiffening?