1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you celebrate your dolls' birthdays?

May 11, 2005

1. When my guy eventually turns up Ive decided that for his birsthdays I shall simply do whatever he wants to do. If he wants to stay in he does. If he wants to see friends he can.

2. I'm not using arrival dates for birthdays, so Kamari's birthday is October 15th. When it comes around I'm sure she'll get lots of presents and attention and maybe I can get some of my friends to do something for her too. If we're not busy she can have a birthday party!! <3 Oh yes, and sweets. I will bake sweets and then either bake a mini one of something, or make a mini sweet out of Scupley :D

3. I don't know, mine haven't had a birthday yet, but it would be fun to do something?

4. Well, Heavenlea's birthday isn't for another year, but I imagine it'll be spent opening lots of presents and hanging out with her mama!

5. Hee... So far I've only had one dollie birthday come up, and since I'm a dork I actually had a little party. .... Sort of. I mean, I invited a friend over, and she brought her dolls, and there were presents and cupcakes.... Ok, so yeah, it was a party. .^^ But I managed to get two cute photostories out of it. ;P

6. I've never celebrated their birthdays & couldn't even tell you their arrival days. And as for the characters birthdays, most of them are so old that they've either forgotten or marked time differently back then.

7. All I've ever really done is buy them small presents :)

8. I guess maybe i should throw a party for Ringo then! :D Maybe do an extravegent photo shoot with everyone partying out! LOL! i have a pretty big faimly so that would be pretty cool actually!

9. make a new dress or buy a pair of shoes or take some photo or.......doing nth while I am busy

10. new shoes or clothes^^

11. I bought a little cake from the marketplace just for the occassion. :) Too bad I have to wait until May 15th..*sigh* I want to buy those mini present decorations you can get around Christmas and keep them all year round, fill them with little toys and such.
      I'll also get some fancy outfit that I don't usually buy, big-name brands or something. :) or commission something expensive.

12. I just say happy birthday to them...sorry...I am too bad...I aint get money for new stuff *sigh*

13. I will probably celebrate their birthdays (haven't had one yet) just like I do for my Sheltie-baby and cats. Presents, pictures, and an excuse for cake. Mmm, cake. :)

14. I haven't had a doll long enough to have a birthday yet. I assume I will do something special for her and get her som presents :D

15. i used to celebrate it by buying a whole set of new items.
      mmm like, new outfit, new shoes, new all this and that's.
      but after a while i found myself not needing a whole new things.
      so then i started to take special photoshoots every year.

16. I make a big party with music and all my dolls as well as my sister's dolls. They dance and have a lot of fun.

17. I don't remember when I bought my doll :/
      so no celebration...lol but I buy her a lot of clothes almost every months! :D

18. I actually don't know my Doll's birthday since she's second handed and that when I asked my friend who she sold the doll I asked for her birthday and she has no clue since she's so old.

so I had to pulled a birthday out of a hat in which its may 17th...so with that being said I would do the usual mini cake and some presents

19. Thats so cute!

20. I never celebrated the doll's arrival date or anything but I've been celebrating the character's birthday for several years now. :sweat I always take the day off and go out for dim sum, under the pretext I'm celebrating my birthday (which is only a week apart) or that it's Children's Day (which is weirder than celebrating my birthday lol).

...The reason for this is less weird than anyone may think. xD

Now that I have the doll though, I can get him presents too.