1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you deal with haters?

Jul 8, 2019

1. Your doll looks amazing! That person didn’t know what they were talking about. I’ve heard people say similar out of jealousy. Bitter because they knew they couldn’t make theirs as nice as yours and would rather give up. Because really, your doll and photo are beautiful. Few will ever compare.

I really don’t post much in regards to my dolls... but I have gotten mean online comments on other topics. Honestly, I just chalk it up to someone having a bad day/life and I don’t envy them that. Or it may even be a child. Or someone under the influence of a drug (that turned out to be the case for one commenter and it was really sad in the end). Anyway, if its someone out of the blue that you have no personal knowledge of, it’s easy to assume the worst. But without more information, I just call them “midge buzzings”. Annoying but not to be taken seriously.

2. @SophieSinister @phanuel @rainglow Thank you guys for all the comforting and advice! when i first stared this thread i was honestly feeling very bad, but now after reading all the comment i couldnt care less about that hater anymore :3nodding:

Also @celga @RinSetsua @Adalwolf @Bren @TwilightBabyDoll @Tabitha @Demiurgo @brightberry Wow im surprised my boy got this much appriciation. I get the idea that sometimes people are just gonna have different taste on stuff, but for me Lucas is always one of my favorite sculpt among all the Volks F28 seris (sadly this type of sculpt is getting less and less popular). It makes me soooo happy seeing people actually like him. I will definitly try get more picture on him in the future! :kitty1

3. @xiluoxia Your dolls are gentle-looking and the face-ups are really amazing. Every word of praise you are getting is true.

Prolly that person was just jealous or hates you (maybe is one of those stupid who creates alt accounts to insult people). I mean, judging by all the angry posts on bjdconfession blog, fb groups and sometimes here, anyone can see in this community some people have deep issues.

How can we forget that some people in the hobby received THREAT messages because someone posted some BS story (that in the end was debunked)???

4. I had someone who didn't know me at all recently come and tell me all sorts of assumptions they'd made about me as well. All of which untrue but they'd made up their mind before even getting to know me. It's sadly common, @xiluoxia :( Your boy is wonderful, btw. You took such a great photo! Thank you for sharing it!

5. I would strongly recommend blocking the person, rather than just deleting the comment. I've learned not to be stingy with the block button and it's honestly improved my experience of the internet as a whole. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life, so don't give it the chance to happen again.

6. @xiluoxia: Whenever you post something in social media, it's going to be subject to scrutiny and criticism. If you don't want any negative feedback, ever, then the only way to avoid it is to never put anything up for people to criticize.

Now, having said that: the person who left that nasty post was way out of line. You don't know them, so maybe they don't know you. Maybe it's somebody you met casually who decided to lash out at you from the safety of anonymity. Maybe they were in a really bad mood and decided to take it out on a random innocent. Maybe they were looking for that particular sculpt and seeing your interpretation changed their mind. Whatever the reason, they were way off base to just snipe at you without expressing why they didn't like it. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences. Everyone is entitled to express their opinions. Everyone should have the decency to express their opinions respectfully and without the deliberate intention of causing hurt feelings.

Did the poster express what they didn't like about the picture? Did they even hint at why the photo made them not want to buy that sculpt "anymore"? We're they traumatized by a gorgeous blond wearing glasses at an impressionable age and now bespectacled Nordic hotties give them anxiety issues? We don't know because all they said was something calculated to belittle and hurt. Just the other day I posted a faceup on another doll board and I asked for honest opinions. A very dear friend of mine responded with exactly what was wrong and exactly how to fix it. Nobody, absolutely nobody said "Damn, that sucks, you're a horrible artist and that constitutes BJD abuse!" And I was asking for critique!

TL;DR: You reacted appropriately and a hell of a lot better than I would have under the circumstances. Just understand that some people are like that, and there's nothing you can do except dismiss them as the waste of bandwidth they are and move on.

Oh, and your boy is gorgeous. Chaeri has a new crush. Is he available?

7. @Demiurgo @AsterRose @taichas thank you guys! after few more days now when i look back, i feel like im probably taking it too personal back at the time. But i am suuuper glad that i am already got over it, now i am for sure more intersted in looking for some new outfit for my boys than spend useless time on haters lolz:wiggle

Also @Emby Quinn Thank you too! Even tho I been having this hobby for a while but I am still fairly new to the bjd community (before this i was only collecting doll but not posting much photo), so i am a bit confuse when you ask if my boy is available. Did you mean if he has a doll mate already? If thats the case unfortuatly he is already the boyfriend to another one of my doll:(:(:(.

[​IMG]

8. @xiluoxia, yes, I was asking if had a doll mate, but I'm not a bit surprised that he does. It's all good. :kitty1

9. I posted my doll for sale and one person said "next please". Learn to ignore what others think about you.

10. for the most part i ignore and tell people to get over it or to not even put their 2 cents in if its not their hobby, but when people are a little too rude which has happened to me in public when taking pictures, i wont swear or anything but oof i be petty, just be aggressively petty if someone has gone to far. the fact that someone was rude about your doll for no reason just means your dolls way better then their piss poor attitude

11. I’m sorry that happened to you, your doll is quite lovely. As others have said, the block button is your friend.
      I’m in other hobbies besides this one and the amount of people who feel like it’s okay to bully others is absurd. I know it really hurts, and all I can really suggest is just being more liberal with the block button so they can’t harass you later on. I find that busying myself with a new project really helps, such as sewing something new for a doll, face ups, etc.

I hope this won’t discourage you from posting more of your dolls, your photography and your dolls are beautiful <3

12. Thank you for this!!! <3

13. Love this pic. Its so sweet <3

14. Sorry that that happened! But I agree that you did the right thing by deleting their comment. I've had people criticize my faceups before with snide remarks and "witty trolling". It's best to just delete, block and move on. And post here so that you can get your feelings out in the open and help with the moving on process. :)

15. I'll just report that person and delete the comment. Problem solved.
      (Also sharing one of my stories: There was one person commentted under my commission profile to ask for violent pictures, and I said no in a polite way, but he kept asking rudely. I still declined his request politely, and then reported him with a smile.)

Don't feel bad because trolls feed on negative feelings. They are miserable in real life so they can only upset other people on the Internet to let themselves feel better. Whenever I see a troll, my thoughts are "what a poor soul, but sorry, already reported".

Guess I can be quite evil sometimes...

#55 Kurtssingh, Jul 29, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    16. There was a person once that asked a question about people buying dolls. (not here) I remember answering the question, and making sure that I mentioned it was about buying my own dolls. I made it to myself personal and nothing about them, as they had asked about personal feelings, and what kind of bjd's people purchase.

The next morning I wake up to all this hate about how rude I was and that's not how they felt about thing, and that how dare I imply they buy dolls like such and such and such (None of this was even mentioned in my comment.)

I stood staring for a minute like ??? Then just deleted the whole thread my comment and all their rudeness. The weirdest thing, other people had replies almost exactly like mine, and they were all 'yes yes yes' and agreeing with other people about the same exact thing that they called me rude about. Rude? They were the rude one.

I have no idea why people are miserable to other people, maybe they like being that way? The good thing is on the internet at least, rude people can be ignored, blocked, and even sometimes deleted, putting that bite down on their rudeness.

Also, I am sure your doll is amazing!

17. I once went to an anime convention with my favorote doll Connie. She is a Bobobie.
      I left the pannel crying because the lady said "and here you have your cheap dolls no one wants, like that one," and pointed to me. It was awful. For a long tine I told myself I would never buy a BBB or ResinSoul again even though I love their cute faces.
      Glad I got over that. Now if that had happebed the same I would have spat in her direction and gotten lunch.

18. Omg, some people are such awful snobs! Why people feel the need to dump on others for no good reason like that is beyond me.

19. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry someone said that! Your doll is clearly wanted, and I think BBB and RS have wonderful dolls, I love both of my RS guys and hope to get another in the future... Honestly this hobby is expensive enough without shaming people into feeling obliged to buy the top end price tags!

20. Just ignore them