1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on a doll´s birthday?

May 23, 2006

1. Arrival day!

2. Well...arrival day would be their group birthday, I guess....but I cant remember when exactly that was *blush* so Id choose their birthdays based on starsigns.

*But make sure that one Arrival day they still get something special*

3. This is sort of how I do it too.

For Azure, I wanted him born in a winter month, late in the year, but still be a Water sign, which is Scorpio. The only date I knew for sure was Scorpio was November 20th (which is Yoshiki-san's birthday), so I went with that. I've since found out that one of Azure's favorite singers was born on the same day, so it's even more perfect. Figuring out a year was a bit more difficult, since I had to backtrack how old I wanted him to be at a certain point in the story, but still born in the 70's, so he wound up being born in 1979.

I consider his arrival date as his "homecoming."

4. I chose the day that my babies arrived because I purchase everything at one time and by nightfall they are complete. Their personalities are already decided by that time.

5. It shall be the day that he arrives. ^_^ He'll be a late spring kid. XD

6. Tristan's is by arrival date (I really need to find the UPS tracking infomation, so I can do a star chart...)

Luka's is going to be when his body shows up, but I might make the year older, since he is a vampire...

7. The date of the arrival definately!~ And it corresponds with the character I made for 5 years's star sign!~ XD

8. For me its the day the doll arrives in the post. :3

9. Most of my dolls are existing characters who have birthdays. While a couple of dolls, who were added in when bought doll form, has there birthdays on there arrival date.

10. I want to make my future doll's b-day Dec.17 because that's when my Samsus was born. ^_^

But I think it's better to have his b-day the day he comes to me because it's like recieving a baby. Only...I'm the girl. XD

11. Two of my dolls are based on anime/manga characters so their birthdays are pre-set.

My Chikara's personality determined his birthday - the little imp's birthday is now October 31.

I am probably one of the few people who does not use the arrival date as a birthday.

12. Just wondering if anyone here designates birthdays or other stats for their dolls for fun profiles.

I've given my girl Yayoi (Obitsu with Gretel head) October 20th as her birthday, because that was the day she arrived home. ^^ So, she's a Libra (coincidentally also my zodiac sign.), and a Dog by the Chinese zodiac. And being a rather large anime fan and getting into giving my roleplaying characters blood types, I tend to imagine her as type A.

Do any of you do this with your dolls as well, or give them other stats besides the ones I've mentioned?

13. All of my dolls will have/have their birthdays as the day they arrived. None of them will have zodiac signs or blood types. I'm just not a RPer.

14. It's on the day they're fully complete. In other words, once they're assembled and have the appropriate face up I want. I'm not too big on zodiac signs. I don't believe in them (but I think they're fun, but taken with a grain of salt). *shrug*

15. December 31... A day after he got home and the day I got him all set up and comfortable. He's a Capricorn, like me... Blood type A. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this^.^;. He's pretty true to his zodiac sign. Kind of compulsive and prudish... and sensitive, too. He's always timid about meeting people.

16. I've got a list on my LJ of the days that all of my dolls came home, or in one case, the day that my doll was "complete" (head attached to body), and I consider those their birthdays...that said, I don't really do anything to recognize or "celebrate" their birthdays. If I had just one doll it might be different, but without the list, I can't really keep track. :doh

17. I used to make a big deal about doll birthdays...I would usually take the day I opened the box as the birthday and work it into their profiles and backstory. But nowadays I don't care too much for it. I completely forgot when my last doll had arrived until I stumbled onto it in some list I had. And it's not like I have too many to remember; I have two right now.

18. Somewhere on this forum is a list of pretty much every doll on the board's birthdate. Search up the birthday thread. ^^; I do give them birthdates, but I figure out their birthdays based on their personalities & their ages.

19. It made it easier to just designate all of their birthday/creation dates on the day their resin forms arrived and were complete. Almost none of mine are human as far as characters go, and most of them were created long before conventional calenders told days so technically speaking, they wouldn't celebrate a birthday since alot of them were never actually born.

but I still celebrate their arrival dates as birthday/anniversary dates anyway because it's fun ^^ - blood types are left out since not being human - their blood types wouldn't even register, zodiac signs are left out for the same reasons they don't tech even have birthdays.

20. Heh, that's really cool! Yush, it's always fun to think of little tid-bits for your dolls. ^^ So far I'm still getting to know Yayoi, but she's very spunky with a perverted sense of humour. XD; What's your doll's name?