1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on a doll´s birthday?

May 23, 2006

1. Wow, he has the same birthdate as me in RL XD

2. She came home on my birthday, so we share it :aheartbea April 17th! Celebrated with her next to me~

My girl's name is Yayoi too :sweat Though after almost two years, I still don't know if it suits her or what she's like *_* I've been an awful, neglectful BJD parent until recently. :...(

3. Mine are all based on characters I've had for many years now, so they have had birthdays long before my boys came home. I usually celebrate their birthdays properly and acknowledge the date they came home as a seperate event.

4. My boy and me share birthday too... I choose the day he came to me as his birthday, just because it's fun, and I didn't really thought about anything else ^__^

5. My dolls don't have birthdays. I remember what year and month I ordered/received them, but I've never assigned them actual birthdays...maybe because birthdays have never been a very big thing to me, even in real life. ^^

6. Yeah--some of mine that are characters already had birthday dates, the others' birthdays are when they arrived : )

7. Ophelia does have a birthday (the day she arrived here) but that was in August so untill now she never had a birthdayparty.
      I don't think I will make a whole "birthdayparty" but I do think that she'll get presents then! :D

8. Most of my girls and boys have their arrival dates as their birthday. Some of them don't because they don't have birthdays/don't keep track of them where they come from, and Columbia's birthday is actually the day she was shipped out because that's 14th February - Valentines day! :D

9. I'd consider the day a doll was first assembled to be the birthday. So for pre-assembled dolls this may be unknown. Instead, the arrival day will be adoption day :)

10. all of mine have...is the day that I recived each one

11. All of mine have birthdays :) some are arrival dates some are character planned

12. Takumi's was chosen to fit his character but i dunno about Yumehito's yet ^^; i'll prolly choose another one like i did for Taku

13. i guess using arrival date cos i have no character in mind for my boys

14. most of mine have birthdates that are part of their stories... including the two who don't actually know when their birthdays are (Cyr and Saxon). so, i suppose if i were to choose a random day for Saxon's, his arrival day is as good as any.

15. I too decided on arrival date.. which ended up being odd b/c it was the same birthday as my puppy. O_o;

16. I'm weird, I think XD
      My very first 'character' Kaelon, his birthday was on the 28th of September. I don't know why, but it sounded almost poetic and very dramatic XD So... I just gave Hayden that aspect. I love that date. Ironically, he arrived on the 25th, with an expected arrival date on the 28th. I thought that was cool.

Vin's birthday is on the 1st of January. His character is a representation of a new start and such, and what better day to represent that than a new year?

17. muurrr, just the arrival date ^^ I like when b-day dates are as unpredictable/random as peoples are. (I guess that doesn't make much sense, but I mean in the way that isn't planned for zodiac or chracter purposes)

18. All my dolls' birthdays are on the day they arrived at my house ^_^ Because it's like, that's the day they were born sortof, you know? That's like the day they became "your doll." :)

19. For me, it's the day they seem to become alive to me. In the twin's case it's the same day as the arrival date, although it took me longer to know Ying. For Chidori it happened sometimes after I finished his preliminary faceup.

20. I'm like most people here. Narin's B-Day is the day he came home.