1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on a doll´s birthday?

May 23, 2006

1. I wasn't going to give my boy a birthday, but he arrived on Valentine's day and I just thought that was so cuteeeee! So it became his birthday :)

2. I used the day he arrived, but if I had already given the character a b-day I would have used that.

3. If they're dolls based after my characters, I go by their character's birthdays. However, if not, I base it solely upon arrival date.

4. Sultra and Karo's birthdays are both on their arrival date. But for some reason, Karrian tells me his is Feb. 16th. It's probably because he was a roleplay character of mine long before I even knew what a BJD was. xD

5. July 24th--Rem's arrival date. I just checked his zodiac sign and got pretty lucky, since the description for Cancer fits him fairly well.

6. I was gonna do the day I opened him, but that was on Christmas. Blah. Not Christmas.
      So I asked my Dad the exact day he actually ARRIVED and it was around November 20th, but I dunno...It may be somewhere in October because hey, he's a devil. xD

7. Well, Acekin wasn't a character before I got him, so He had no set Birthday.

I thought about making him one, but in the end I stuck with the day he came; Janurary 23 <3

8. It varies depending on the doll. For some, it's the date they arrived (e.g. Marius, my Hound). For others who came initially as a head, it's the date on which I considered them "complete". In some cases (e.g. Lysande, who is still a disembodied head who sometimes borrows Perseus' body), it's the date on which their personality came through and they "told" me who they were.

9. date of arrival, though I haven't given a date for his birthday until a few weeks ago.

10. Most often #6, "Do you choose a particular star sign that suits your doll character's personality and pick out a day within that phase?"

But I always wait for them to tell ME! Sometimes, they spit it right out without me having to guess their astro-sign.

Other times, I have to meditate on them for months. And some still haven't come clean after a year (come ON, Nico, we wanna to know when your birthday is...!).

11. the boys' birthday is the date they get home, except for Legolas and Light. the two were "forced" to share the same birthday with me coz their arrival date is very near my own birthday.

12. when I give things birthdays I close my eyes and what ever date pops in my head must be right, same thing with names, but I name every thing, My computers name is Mr.Janet while my bass's named lynet. I think birthdates work that way to, I haven't gotten my first dollie yet but when I hold him for the first time I think I'll know...I sound strange now, so I'll shuttup

13. Imelda's is April 17, because that's the day I ordered her, and her character never really had a birth date before then. She also has an obsession with flowers, so a spring birthday really suits her. :3

Yu's birthday is January 29, 176, because I was writing up character Sheets for my characters one day, and I couldn't decide on his birthdate. It had to be sometime in January, because he and another character who was born in November are two months apart. So, I asked my friend Akari, and she's like "January 29! That's my birthday!" So it stuck. Yu's birthday has been that ever since, though he's a historically based character, which just makes things even more complicated. XD

14. date of arrival every time for me. lol It helps to remind me when they've hit the year mark. xx'

15. I order them to arrive for certain horoscope sign I pre-determine for them. So far so good, after three dolls.

16. I choose the month period based on astrology (such as Renia, an Aries... I believe it fits her personality) and I choose the year (Renia is 16, 1990... a horse) by Chinese Astrology. Maybe not so much the year by basic chinese astrology... more based on Furuba. XD Renia reminds me of Rin, the horse.

17. I always do the day they arrive. I think if I made one up I would forget it.

18. I counted their bday as the day of arrival. :)

19. I chose my crew's birthday based on how much I think the astrological personality traits fit their character (as well as compatibility) too, even though I always end up remembering their arrival dates and forgetting their birthdays. :XD:

20. I think that I'll always take the day the doll arrive at home for birthday date. The only problem we can have with that is when we buy a doll which has a former owner. Which date do we have to take as birthday? The first date (the former owner's one) or ours one?