1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on a doll´s birthday?

May 23, 2006

1. The day of arrival.

2. Either the day they arrive or the day I finish them as I have three Obitsus (2 60cm and 1 27cm) that I did the faceups on.

3. i would think that when i get my girl it would be the day she arrives. but- that starsign idea does sound like a good idea.

4. I think I would put my dollfie's birthday the day it arrives! ^_^ it would be cute that way =)

5. All three of my dolls came with assembled and with face-ups, so their birthdays are the days that I opened their boxes.

6. So I'm thinking of giving my girl a birthday. Only thing is, I don't know when to make it, the day I ordered her, the day she arrived, or a random day that I choose.

Does anyone else here give their dolls a birthday? And, if so, do you do the dates they arive on, are ordered on, or that you choose?

7. My first boy's birthday was the day he arrived. My second boy it was the day before his arrival, because it is the longest day of the year. For a while I had a head and his birthday was chosen at random. My third boy is currently just a head, I am paying off his body, and his birthday is also chosen at random.

8. All of my lot have birthdays as the day they either were ordered or arrived depening on which means more to me. In fact, Trys' birthday party is next month, we're having a meet for it :)

9. Hyde's birthday was the day I got him(got him at the Domuya shop so no wait ^^;), Desiree was on the day she arrived and Evangeline was a random day. ^^

10. Most of my dolls have their birthday on the sate they arrived, only my MNF Shiwoo doesn't, I chose his birthday, since I didn't want two November birthdays.

11. :3 random !!!! though if my boy arrived on a day i liked or bought id prob use that as b-day ;]

12. After reading the "waiting room" threads, I've started to see the whole process of ordering and receiving dolls as a metaphoric pregnancy (which doubtless has psychological connotations a dedicated non-breeder like myself prefers not to think of *_* ). So, when I get my doll, his birthday will be the day he's "delivered."

13. That's how it is with my guys as well. I just celebrated Gabe's One Year not so long ago which is held on the day of his arrival. But, I'd likely celebrate the character's actual birthdays too.

14. I consider the day I bought or ordered each of my crew to be their birthdays... but Harumatsu and Jen's are really the only ones that have the occasion marked in any substantial way. They were my first. ^_^

15. :lol: I see your point... that's really funny.

My boy has a birthday, just because I think that's cute, not that I plan to host a birthday party or anything :lol: His birthday is the day of his arrival, that just makes more sense to me, because it was the first time I ever saw him. Besides, he arrived on valentine's day, so it's an easy day to remember :)

16. My first boy's birthday was the day he arrived. My other two boys were given birthdays based on what I thought suited them, because I don't know exactly when they arrived (because they were kept hidden from me until when I was to recieve them).

17. I note down their arrival dates, but being a Zodiac-freak, I usually choose birthdays based on their personalities ^^ It's silly, but I am a stickler for them being the sign I think suits them. Besides, if I used arrival dates, they'd all be born around August (my bday) and December (christmas) *lol*

We celebrate arrivals usually with the holiday they were given for, since my dolls are all gifts. I sit them around and take pictures during whatever little family party we're having.

18. I gave Kana her birthdate by the day she arrived. It just happened to be halloween that day, and it went along with my storyline. (It was also the day she died.) If my next boy comes on a day I don't like. >.> I may do some...altering..to the date. ^^