1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on your dolls Zodiac Starsign --- dob?

Sep 27, 2016

1. I like to open my dolls as soon as I get them, so the day they arrive is the day I use to determine birthdays and Zodiac signs. Johnny is a Pisces, Alistair is a Gemini, and Chloe is a Libra like me.

This system is a little complicated for dolls that come in pieces, though. My Johanna consists of two floating heads (one for each side of her split personality) and eventually one body. Her first head arrived during the Virgo time frame, and the other arrived in the Libra time frame. I could assign a different Zodiac sign for each personality, but this system does get a little cumbersome at times.

2. The day they arrived to my home is their birthday and their zodiac sign goes according to their birthday.

I'm not a believer of the zodiac in real life because I don't think all aries behave the same, for example. We are all unique and I don't need a star sign to tell me how a person is so I don't think it is important to choose it for their personalities but I still like to know which signs my dolls are just for the fun of it.

3. I choose zodiac sign(s ; sometimes I go all out and pick at least moon and ascendant as well, sometimes half a chart lol just for the hell of it) first, birthday comes after. For both I just go with what I feel clicks with the character, it has nothing to do with their doll's arrival date or anything.

4. I go by the personalities associated with the signs. I tend to buy dolls near my birthday or during Christmas so they will all have similar birthdays if I went with that xD

5. The day they arrive, or if two arrived and they where not meant to be twins, I would make one the order date.

6. The day of delivery and box opening. That's when he/she becomes 'alive'. One can never be sure of the actual production date unless the company informs you. Mine arrived on my own birthday (good timing) so that's going to be easy to remember.

7. for me the dolls' themselves have a birthday and not so much the characters. tho one day the characters might have a set birthday but I'm not sure yet. all of my dolls are secondhand from the Marketplace on here, so I make their birthday the day I revived them in the mail because I don't know the day they were cast. As of right now I only have 4 dolls. Athena - AileenDoll Ashes V.1 (July 28, 2014), Belle - Limhwa Half Elf (January 3, 2015), Kaia - AileenDoll Lapis V.1 (November 5, 2015), and Pandora - AileenDoll Seed V.1 (June 20, 2016).

8. This is a little hard for me, because my characters often already have birthdays before I shell them. In that case, I just kind of ignore when they arrive and just stick with the birthdate I already have for them. I'm kind of on the fence with what I want to do for Ilya though; I was going to just use his arrival date because I didn't really have a set birthday for him, but when I gt his twin brother...would I make that his birthday too? It's all kind of up in the air! :lol: I might just choose a random date and have that be it for both of them.

So basically, it depends for me! (I don't place that much emphasis on characters' birthdays anyway, so it works out fine generally.)

9. My dolls birthdays are always their arrival dates, even if the star signs don't exactly make sense. My Scorpio doll, for instance, is very sweet, shy, and family-oriented, a perfect Cancer.

10. For me, their birthday (and zodiac) is either the day of arrival or the actual birthday of the character they are based on/inspired by, if any. My L is the only boy in the family whose birthday is both his arrival date and the original birthday of his character - October 31. :whee:

11. When my first doll arrived, her CoA came with the date she was cast on it. I decided to go with that! It makes the CoA feel especially like a birth certificate. Besides, if I ever forget her birthday, I can always look at the CoA to remember this way.

12. Boy! Is this ever a neat thread!

I was going to use the date on their CoAs, which still seems the most logical to do. But I would love them to all be born in February and be Pisces like me! I'm going to have to give this some consideration.

13. For the dob on the coa I take the arrival date, but for the actual character the doll represent they have their own dob (but they usually doesn't tell me). So no birthday parties for my vampires :(

14. I'm gonna be a creep and admit I usually just go with the birthdays of friends, family and people I know for my dolls/characters, I tried to pick after what zodiac signs fit for a while, but their birthdays didn't feel... natural, it felt like someone had carefully hand-picked them (and someone had; me!), and that just bothered me too much. Other than the birthdays my dolls doesn't have anything to do with said friends / family / etc.

15. It varies. If the doll is for an established character with a set birthday, then that is the birthday. If I hadn't gotten that far with the character, than the arrival date becomes the birthday. That doesn't happen often though, since my characters usually get a birthday pretty early on. For the ones with a set birthday, the arrival date of the doll becomes the day they "move into town" in my story.

16. Honestly, I'm the same as @Leokitsune! For dolls with set characters, they already have a birthday, usually corresponding to a Zodiac sign (I try to pick birthdays to match signs to certain characters orz), but for dolls that don't, I'm waiting to see what their birthdays are when they arrive! I don't mind too much if the sign isn't an exact match, and since dolls without set characters are kind of developing, I can use their new sign to help with personality and the like!

17. I go by whenever I do there faceup. I feel like that's when their character is truly born.

18. My dolls are avatars of my original characters, so the dolls' "birthdays" are whatever the characters' birthdays are, and consequently they get whatever Zodiac sign that goes with their birthday. Same for their Chinese zodiac. Whatever year the character was born in, that's what the doll's sign is.

19. My doll's birthday is the date the head/full doll reaches my door step. Even if I'm not there to sign and it gets sent to the post office, I consider the date it first reached my door step :lol: I was in a dilemma whether to choose the date it first reached my door or the day I went to collect it and my friend told me to think as the "baby" was born when he reached my door and I am going to fetch him from the hospital later on XD

20. My dolls have pre-determined birthdates and zodiac signs, since I build characters while planning out dolls. However, I don't let their signs rule my character's personalities, as I think doing so is highly restrictive.