1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on your dolls Zodiac Starsign --- dob?

Sep 27, 2016

1. I use arrival dates, but once a birthday is set it's set. I have a couple of guys I've re-shelled, so their original first arrival date stays their birthday. For characters I do plan to buy dolls of, their birthdays are TBD until they actually arrive! But honestly, exact birthdays don't come up all that often, so not having them for the incoming ones doesn't bother me.

2. i don't really have fleshed out OCs that my dolls are meant to shell, so i generally go with arrival dates or (in the case of floating heads) the day that they become complete dolls as their "birthday" :)

3. So I know some people have their dolls birthdays as the day they arrive home and some are character specific but what does everyone personally do? I'm just curious to see how many people do each or whether they do something different!

4. I do when they arrive to me. One of mine actually came on my sister's birthday.

5. One of my dolls has a birthdate written on her certificate, actually, so at least for her I'm just using that. My other doll is secondhand so I'm not sure how I'd decide her birthday...

6. I think I'll make my dolls birthday the day I get her in the mail ^^ it'll be really fun to look up her astrological sign and do a birth chart for her to maybe tell me more about her personality ( it's silly I know but I think it'll be fun to look into)

7. For mine, I consider their birthdays as the day that doll came to be in my possession, the day I first had them in my hands. So say a doll is second hand and had a birthday before, irrelevant. Or maybe they arrived while I was away on a trip and couldn't pick them up until I got back. The birthday is when I do so. I'm very strict about following the same rule for everyone, which then leads to some disappointments because some of them have much nicer order dates, like New Years or Christmas, haha. But a rule is a rule so I stick to it!

That said, that's not always reflected in the characters themselves. Some characters never had a defined birthday before so I'll use the doll's, but if they already did or I just don't like the doll's for the character, then I won't change that in the story.

8. My dolls all end up with their arrival dates of the heads as birthdays. Sometimes this is true in plot (Nadya's birthday is 8/25, for example) but other times in-plot it's a bit modified (Fuyu's "birthday" of September 16 is either the day she was made, the day she gained sentience, or both; Hideyasu's "birthday" of August 22 is the day he was discovered in the woods.)

Fun fact: my dolls' arrivals tend to clump together - everyone so far has arrived between August 22 and November 29, three of them in October. Next doll ought to break that streak, though. :XD:

9. THAT SOUNDS SO FUN

10. I know I'm really excited! it'll be like a nice little surprise what sign she ends up having ^^ I'll have to pay special attention to what time she comes too since that can affect the chart as well

11. Omg same, I have two heads so far, one was November, the other December and I have another on the way which will be this month too :XD:

12. I'm having trouble deciding my hybrids' birthdays. What do other people do?

13. I think I would go with when the head arrives/arrived!

14. I have their birthdays as they day they arrived or the day they were completed. One of them I'm a bit unsure on because I sold her and then rebought her (as in, rebought the exact same doll). I'm still going to use her original birthday though and pretend she never left my possession xD

15. I consider my dolls’ birthdays (with one exception) to be the day they arrived to me. I wrote these birthdates into their characters. Just for fun, I later happened to look up the corresponding astrological signs and was was surprised to find they matched their existing personalities perfectly. I suppose it was just meant to be.

The one doll it didn’t work out for also happened to be a hybrid (I used the date her head and body were joined) so maybe that ‘broke the magic’, lol.

16. Their birthdays are the days I unbox them. My dolls have birth dates on their certificate (usually the days they're shipped out) but I prefer to give them birthdays when they're opened :)

17. I actually do this! I have personalities based on the characters but I'm so lucky their signs have been perfect for them! I guess it's fate!

18. First, I create a personality for my doll and then I look up what astrology sign fits them the most. Then I pick birthday! For my doll Flora, she is an Aries and her birthday is March 30th, but I celebrate it on May 29th because that is the day she came in the mail. It's kind of weird I know, but it also is the anniversary I adopted my cat! :D

19. Mine are character birthdays. Since I buy dolls to shell characters, I often have a birthday chosen before I even pick a sculpt, much less get them home. I've been big on birthdays since childhood, when I memorized the birthdays of all 32 kids in my first grade classroom, so picking a birthday for my characters is as important as picking a name to me.

20. Interesting topic. My first doll has an actual (manufacturer) birth date, my second didn't so I used the date he arrived. I hadn't considered linking the dates to personality or astrological signs. If I did that, the first would be Gemini-which really doesn't fit his personality and the second would be Cancer, which could fit him :)