1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide on your dolls Zodiac Starsign --- dob?

Sep 27, 2016

1. Depends on the dolls :P most of my dolls have character-specific birthdays that correspond to their in-story birthdates, then they also have their doll-shell birthdays that is when they've come to me. I tend to celebrate the latter most though...

2. Currently all of my dolls have their arrival dates as their birthdays. But I only have one doll that existed as a character long before I had his doll form and birth date wasn't as important for him. There are a few characters that I still want to shell and they will probably be the exceptions with having birthdays that are different than the day they get to me in doll form.
      For the most part though its just easier for me to have the dates be the same.

3. I always go by the box opening date.

4. Three of my dolls are based on specific OCs of mine, so they share the same birthdays and zodiac signs as their originals. (An Aries and two Scorpios. Scorpii?) The other three don't have specific signs but I would give them one if I gave it enough thought.

5. I too choose their birthdays depending on their characters. (And then we end up celebrating birthday and the unboxing day!:XD:)

6. I usually use a randomizing system, but however when I get my supiadoll Juah, she's the character of my Star Wars character, and she had to be set on a specific time line and age.

7. Since in general my dolls don't 'age' I am vaguer about their birthday. My elf twins are simply 'spring', though they are also from a world other than our own. In general though I go based on their personality to the zodiac. And sometimes I use both the western and eastern zodiacs to nail down a character's birthday and year.

8. my dolls birthdays are the days that they arrive to me. although the characters may have had birthdays previously it changes once they've been doillified

9. Depends on their personality type of course! I have a ton of OCs and I've had em for years! Only recently, I started matching em up with their zodiac sign. And they matched pretty well! I was amazed at how all of em matched the traits and flaws for the zodiacs.

10. I chose my doll's zodiac sign by the character's birthday, not the doll itself. So for one of my dolls, their birthday is the day that I created their character many years back. Another of my doll's birthdays just came into my head when I made her character long ago as well. :)

11. I don't really play around with star-signs, but as for birthday, I choose the day my doll is "complete". For example I got a new doll in Sept, she arrived in January, but her birthday will be the day she arrives home from her face-up. The day she become herself to me, if that makes sense :)

12. I choose mine based off the doll’s character haha. I have a big thing for associations (Kinda like synesthesia) and one of those things is associating months and birthdays to people. So I usually do that with the addition of what suits them.

13. My dolls are just going to keep the birthdays of their actual characters, which is just something I decide and hasn't got anything to do with when they were created. I'd definitely keep a record of when the doll arrived, but it just wouldn't affect their character.

14. I'm lucky if I can even remember the month my dolls arrive, let alone a date. I choose birthdays based on the characters, not the dolls. I tend to either have a season or month that I associate with the character and pick from there or find a fitting zodiac and work backwards. I'm not super concerned about things like birthdays, though, so only about half of them have one so far, I'm trying to be better with it

15. I choose mine as the date I opened the box unless the birth date is important to the characters storyline. Cause that happens in my world sometime :)

16. If they're based on preexisting original characters, they usually have a prebuilt birthday/zodiac.

If it's an entirely new character that came after the doll itself, I try to go by the date on the CoA or if the CoA doesn't have a specific date, I go by what's on the receipt or invoice from the company. Mostly I do this because my memory isn't all that great and if I forget I've got the record right there in print to remind me.

17. I always go with the arrival date being their birthday. That makes it easy enough. Nearly all my dolls are based on OCs I came up with for one reason or another, but I've just now realized coming up with birthdays is apparently something I don't do.

18. I base mine off of their dob written on their certificates just because I feel like it is what it is (maybe I’m too old fashioned but hey).

19. I just realized that I don't know a lot of their Star Signs. I do know a few of them because they can be pretty obvious on how they act. But I do base the Star Sign on the character and not the date I got them. I would love to be able to do this with the Chinese Zodiac as well, but they are all about the same age so I would have to pick about three to four years of signs and sort them out that way, except for the vampires and the kitsune, I could just pick for them.

The Star Sign is easier because I can do it based on their personalities. Most of my characters are created before I have ordered the doll and it gets home, so I already have their signs and personalities picked out before they get home to me. A ew of them I just don't know because I never thought about it. I think I need to make more in-depth ways of character creations to figure out some of their birthdays.

20. My Unoa (tentatively called Charlie) got here in April, so I guess that makes her an Aries? According to Google, this makes her bold, passionate, and ambitious... which doesn't really match the character I had in mind... :sweat

"Aries" is the title of a Gorillaz song I really like, though, so I guess I'll allow it!