1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide when to buy a new doll?

Feb 17, 2018

1. I have a simple 3 step role and stick firmly to that:

1: do i have the amount of money needed?
      2: is that money "left over" so i can spend it on my hobby? (check, double check and triple check, no bailiffs at my door)
      3: if yes, buy the doll, if no, safe up some more and have patience.

This way all dolls are mine, i never do lay aways, and i never come into a situation that i have to sell my new doll in tears because i actually couldn't spend the money. This way i have missed several dolls i really would like to posses. But sell the new doll hurt a lot more then miss one because the purchase was not responsible at the time.

2. Ah, I guess when I have the money and I fall really hard with the doll. :lol: Cause sometimes, I totally like the doll, but I don't have the money, there I'll go with the layaway/marketplace option. :3nodding:

3. Either the sensible, "grown-up" way:
      - Do I have the money?
      - Do I really want to spend that much money on a doll?

Or the totally irrational way: pressing that buy-button/sending that PM to the seller because I'm kinda panicking at the thought of someone else buying that doll. XD

Second one doesn't occur often. Once or twice, so far (out of 43 dolls). I consider it a gut-feeling that the doll in question "wants" to come home to me.

4. Along with budget and availability, my current rule is no new dolls until after I earn my degree. Exceptions if a sculpt I've been eyeing will be discontinued.

5. It depends, for me. If I have the money, and a character I really have to shell, then I feel like I’m ready for one. I also have to take the time to figure out the right sculpt and decide on it before working towards it!

6. It depends Money:XD: