1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you decide which doll to buy next?

Apr 12, 2017

1. If I happen to find a sculpt that I like, I tend to go back and forth over whether I should add it to my wishlist. If I realize I keep coming back to it, it goes higher up. :)

2. Usually i dont plan who to buy next, i will just look at my local buysell and see who caught my eyes! But right now i am saving to get a volks yosd girl when i go tokyo in Feb! I have a few shortlisted but i can only afford 1 so i will make my choice when i m there. :)

3. I choose my next doll based on its sculpt, the feelings I have towards the doll, and how well they would fit in with my current collection. ^^

4. I'm really picky with my dolls. If they look unique or have my favorite colors included in some way Ill save them in a file and compare them to other dolls I have looked at. Doll Chateau's Hathaway A, for example, was love at first sight. As soon as I saw her I put her on layaway ^-^

5. I decide by staring at dolls every day :lol: it’s so hard.. I don’t think I have a process to choose I just go with whoever I find myself looking at the most!

6. I look at a lot of different companies to see if they fit an already existent OC (or if I like the sculpt a lot, I make an OC to own them lol) then I make a wishlist and then I get them in order of appearence lol:XD: first to show up at a reasonable price in the market, I grabs :wiggle

7. A lotta companies release their future dolls a little in advance which gives me time to think about whether I want the doll or not. Sometimes when you first see a doll you feel like it’s the prettiest thing you’ve ever seen, but maybe you’ll change your mind in a few days. I always try to give it a few more days so I won’t regret my choice. If I still like the doll two weeks or even months after seeing it, then that is something I would definitely get.

8. 1. Pick a sculpt that suits what I'm trying to achieve.
      2. Buy!

It's really that simple. :)

9. i pick from my wish list of dolls as ive actully planned out my entire crew :) i end up adding n changeing designs and cloices around the doll itself :) so no matter what these dolls i want will fit their profile ^^

10. I'm so new to this I don't really know how I will pick completely. However since my new man arrived I've already started to look at female dolls, but I feel like she has to 'suit' him. So they'll look good sat together kind of thing, not a specific character just look like she fits with him.

11. I scroll through secondhand sales and look for stuff in my price range, then make a decision based on the sculpt and faceup, generally.

12. When a sculpt catches my eye ill just browse around look at everyone elses version of it to gauge its potential. If most of the possibilities appeal to me and ill usually think a few months about it before taking the plunge.

Id hate to have any impulse buys that i would end up not liking later on.

13. I just can't stop! There are some doll company that I real loved, I will buy whatever they updates, usually the limited dolls. Besides, I always pay attention to the people online who post their bjds, their photos guide me on my next purchase.

14. If I see an owners picture of the doll and like it I research the sculpt. I also follow a bunch of companies on tumblr so I can see their newest dolls.
      Though I do like @JenniferCatherine dart board idea I feel I need that in my life for entertainment :)
      The other way is to have a character in mind and see if I can find a doll the suits.

15. When I have enough money saved up I decide which one I like best at that moment. I bought two dolls so far. I don't want to order a new doll until my doll comes in . Still waiting on the second. So saving up and ordering coincides.

16. Tbh how I decided my first was a long process that I will do with ordering my next

First I look through a heap of websites open a new tab for every doll I love then I factor in price and if any extras come with them, so hopefully rounded down to less then 8. After that I asked for other peoples opinions to round down further then basically go back and forth for a few days on the last two until I am sure there is a definite favourite in which I order.. though tbh I made a promise to myself that next time I order i want to get a free doll as well just to make it a bit harder to make sure I'm saving longer to get better quality

17. looking at owner photos help a lot for me. sometimes i have to search for which company a doll is from since the owner photo makes me really want it

18. and also another thing is trying to find how the head looks without makeup is to see more possibilities of how you can customize the makeup

19. Since I mostly collect more "old school" sculpts, for me it's often a matter of availability and just watching what comes up for sale and when rather than making solid, written-in-stone lists or plans based on strict priority.

If I decide that I really do want an F-20 (a discontinued Volks FCS sculpt), for instance, I can't just go and order one. I have to keep an eye on the secondary market until one I like comes up... That could be tomorrow or it could be ten years from now. Other things that I also want might show up for sale before he does, and if that's the case they'll be acquired before him. That's just the luck of the draw.

20. for me it's a feeling i get when i see them. sure, i 'like' a lot of dolls i see, but that doesn't mean that i want all of them. so out of the many 'suki', there will only be a few 'daisuki'... & those are the ones that i will really get. xDD