1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you display your dolls?

Oct 2, 2011

1. Ivy and her OT baby are currently perched on my pc tower. But I recently acquired a beautiful hutch secondhand (I love Goodwill shopping!) for organizing my sewing and craft supplies, and it has a decorative little shelf just the right size for her chaise. So once I've got my living room rearranged to my satisfaction she'll be safely placed up there.

2. My tinies get little dollhouses out in the mainroom of my apartment, but my SDs are in my bedroom on a tall bookshelf I bought just for them.

3. I started out with severe yellowing fear, and was going to keep my guy in his box. But when I discovered how much joy it gave me just to see him standing there on my desk, that's where he stayed. I have two now, and they're a tiny and an even tinier, so they have a corner of the desk and don't take up much room. There is a little seat made from a wooden salt box, and a miniature Persian rug.
      I do accidentally leave on my desklamp "spotlight" sometimes. Etienne is now a bit yellow. Oh well.

4. i have to leave mine in boxes this is because the sun is always on my windoe 24 hours a day :|
      i soooo want to show my bjd's off

5. My guys sit on a shelf out of sunlight next to my bed but when my Puki comes she will be on my desk/bedside table ^-^

6. My three dolls (2 of mine own, a third such a regular visitor that he's semi-mine) are sitting on my bookshelves. They're not under a lot of sunlight (only a bit in the morning) and they usually just.. Sit. However I do arrange them with some props every now and then. My renaissance girl is often found ready a book and my little pink-haired child is mostly holding a toy or a cupcake. The third one, a boy, is "way too cool to be seen on a tea party" and sits one shelf higher, in a relaxed, leaning pose. When my new Unoa girl arrives, I'll probably have to make some re-arrangements. Maybe Rikugou (the boy) will have to give up some of his personal space :P

7. My boy sits on a couch that's on one of my bed's shelf, but I put him in his box when I'm gone for a long time.

8. I plan to make lined boxes, and/or wood and glass cases. The advantages of having access to a garage full of tools and a wealth of woodworking knowledge...not mine though. My father always seems willing to help me out with this sort of thing, though I've gotten better at building things myself. Still, he always has ways to improve on my designs and construction. It's a real plus.

9. Serenity and Destiny have a trunk they sit it, that also contains their clothing. It's getting kind of crowded though.

10. My doll moves around my dorm room constantly because my stuff is moved around a lot. She'll stand on my desk until I need to buckle down and do some hardcore homework. When that happens, she'll move to my dresser, and when that gets too crowded with makeup, hair stuff, waterbottles and clothes, she moves to the window. If she moves to the window, she's outside the box at night and in the box during the daytime. I hope to find a chair to sit her on; I'm not big on displays or furniture, but a chair would be nice to have!

11. When my doll comes I plan on having her on my dresser. I usually have my blinds closed so I won't really worry about sun. She'll go into hiding when I open them though.

12. Currently trying to make enough room on one shelf of my bookshelf to house my dolls. I plan on rigging a "curtain" of sorts to make sure no lights gets in when I get my real skin boy from Iplehouse, since he's going to be more prone to yellowing/greening.

Right now my doll sits on the "printer shelf" of my desk, as I do not have a printer.

13. I just moved into a new house. For now all the SD except on are sitting on a bench I got them. the other SD and my MSD boy are sitting on the floor next to them. My little DZ fox has a throne for her to sit on. I am looking for more furniture for them to use as I dont really want my dolls sitting on the floor but you got to do what you got to do I guess.

14. They sit on my table or on the floor with my camera settings. They have chairs for them self except one of my larger dolls hmm. The tinies sit on the larger dolls haha.

15. My dolls have glass display cases to sit or stand in. They are on a table beside my bed. :)

16. My brood sit on one of my dressers on various pieces of furniture or each other. :) They're not really 'on display' except for when I'm lying in bed since they're on the dresser directly at the foot of my bed so I can look at them whenever I want. It's a nice sight to wake up to and go to sleep to. :D

17. Mine sits on our sideboard, we have very dark appartment and we don't have much sunlight inside (too little really) so I don't think he really suffers from it. Sakarias sits there, smiling to anyoe who looks at him. :B It's nice to look at mhim when my kiddies have a bad day and everyone seems crumpy. Atleast someone smiles nicely (even though it would be lifeless piece of resin -.-;).

18. My boys currently hang out on my book shelf in the living room, I'm lucky that the sun never shines in my apartment so I have my blinds closed and stuff to cut down on any other UV light

19. Gah, SO jealous of all the people who can keep their dolls out! I can't find any space, and a window covers a wall in my room with direct sunlight for about 6+hrs a day. I can't keep them out all day so I put them back in their original box and cover the lid! SO glad I saved the boxes!

20. in any available space I could see in my room..it's not too big and I share the room with my younger sis so it's not spacious..I could display 1 doll at a time in the shelf beside my bed..others will be in their bag or box..T_T