1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you display your dolls?

Oct 2, 2011

1. My dolls sit on a box by my desk at college and they sit on a bench my boyfriend made for me at home.

2. Because of all the light in my room I keep him in his box. Without the lid but with a blanket for easy access because the lid will hardly come off! When he's out he usually sits on my desk.

3. My room used to be a part of a basement suite so inside the walk in closet there's a little cold room for food, but I renovated it and made the can shelves into doll rooms C: that way they can be setup pretty and still be kept in the dark without fear of yellowing!

4. My dolls are all positioned on top of my chest of drawers, basically standing or sitting around being themselves! I love positioning them in different ways.

5. My boys are on my 'nightstand' (read as: a tv tray covered in a mountain of Pokemon plushes), Charlotte and Tantalus are spending some time in a box right now. I usually take the time to pose them with each other, even if Zin just rests his elbow on Tuesday's head. Right now, Tuesday is on Zin's lap, pretending not to like this arrangement.

6. When I'm in my dorm they usually sit on my desk when I'm not working with anything. That's where they sit now :) Looking like they're in some deep conversation about something... But when I'm using the desk to sew or do homework or whatever, I place them on the keyboard, and when they don't sit there, I place them in my bookshelf. I don't really have to care much about sunlight as I almost never pull the curtains away from the window anyway. :sweat

When I'm back home they usually follow me wherever I go. When I'm in my room, they're on my desk, when I'm in the TV room, they sit on the table, and when I'm in the livingroom, they sit on the piano while I play.

But when I move out on my own and get my own house/appartment, I will get a big broad shelf for them. Hopefully I'll also be able to get them furniture so it'll be almost like a dollhouse. :lol: But that's the dream. I have no idea if I'll actually be able to do that. But I will at LEAST get them a shelf! :D

7. This is exactly how I have mine set up too, going on 5+ years now of having my children sitting in a bookcase with the same clothes on for potentially months at a time.. never coped staining and even if I did it's nothing a magic eraser couldn't fix ;)

I love having them crawl around my bookshelf.. I might walk past and alter their poses, or my other half tends to get my Lishe boy lounging on his girlfriend *lol* then I'll switch them so he's giving her a foot rub and it goes on.. but yes, they live in my bookshelves

8. They are proudly displayed in my room. I found an absolutely beautiful tiered coffee table at Goodwill. It makes an interesting display and it's easy to add an accessory or two. It's large and fits all 14 of my Resins with a little room to spare. That's where they stay 99% of the time. ^_^

9. I currently have only one doll, and that makes it pretty simple to find places where she can safely sit away from my dog and cats. She used to sit beside the mirror on my dresser most of the time on her music-box-turned-toy-box. I am currently a basement-dweller so I only have one small window and its always covered by blinds of some sort, so the only time she is in the sun is when I take her outside. I just got a new book-case with adjustable shelves so I'm excited to finally be able to give her a little room of her own (I am obsessed with miniatures.) Now I just need to find her some furniture and make it homier :3

10. Currently I have 4 of my 5 boys on display. My 5th is blank at the current moment.
      But the other four and sitting on my desk. Since it is tiered the two big boys are sitting on top of a small cabinet and the two smaller boys are on the shelf at the top. I want to get some furniture, or stands, for them at some point.

11. I have a bunch of furniture for my dolls, and have them situated all throughout my room, so if I don't have Hong or Xiaofen sitting near me, or lingering on some random box or platform, one is stretched out on her chaise lounge while the other is sitting in her wingback on the floor. I have other brands of dolls too, so sometimes, I'll move them and let the bjd's sit in their place.

12. I display em' in detolf, but previously just on the shelves :>

13. I'm curious - where did you buy your detolf?

14. I... don't. Or "can't" is a better word. My room is tiny, and completely bathed in sunlight for half a day every day because my windows face east and my house is on a hill. About the only place that isn't sunny is under my desk, and in my closet and drawers - the last one being where I actually store my dolls. Also, my entire house is really dusty for some reason, and so... I just prefer to keep them in their boxes, with the lids closed, all lined up neatly in the drawers. When I'm home in the evening I will sometimes take them out and sit them on my bed while I work, but the rest of the time they're "sleeping", tucked away.

15. I'm still working this out at my house. I have a small dining room and since my kitchen is big with table, I took over the little room for my dolls. I have a very large bakers rack [curly metal support system and glass]. I've picked up the right size dolls furniture for all the different sizes. I have fun mixing and matching them in little vignettes.

I have so many right now I have little settings for them almost all over my house. Always checking that direct sunlight isn't going to hit those spots. I am still in my infatuation/honeymoon period with bjd collecting. I might eventually have to re-think how many are out. Don't want them to get dust issues.

Probably I'll work out some sort of rotation so I get to enjoy all of them part of the time. I enjoy just looking at them. I never loved and "material thing" so much before.

16. I used to keep mine in their boxes/bags, but not because of sunlight exposure, but of kids.... Now I have this entertainment center that I used to store their clothing and such and I also display them on top, its tall enough for the kiddies not to get them... for now.

17. I find myself moving my puki around the room. Once the others come in I want them displayed so everyone can see them! They are like fine art and everyone that comes in should enjoy!

18. I have combed through different sources to find wicker and other dolly chairs that fit my BJDs I have six of them cureently and only three chairs so I am contantly on the look out for what I can find. I also have sevral toy shelves which I will be clearing of their contents so as to house my BJDs. The ones perched on my dresser at the moment look very artisic where they are, but I must admit, I am petrified of them falling and breaking. Therefor I have a placed a giant stuffed gorilla on the floor in front of the dresser just in case one of them decided to take a serious dive lol.

Heywith how much these things cost you have to do what you can. i have also taken out an insurance policy on them. These dolls are surely more costly than Tonners and even those I insure. a word to the wise.

19. [​IMG]

This is how I display and storage my dolls on a daily basis. They are the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night since they stand next to my bed. They have their own shelf with all their stuffs in boxes underneath.

Someday I would like to get them a own room with different settings for them to be displayed in. But for now, this will do good :)

20. my Dollfie's will be sitting on my Desk beside me :)