1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you display your dolls?

Oct 2, 2011

1. I have them displayed on my dresser. I change their poses, I try, once every week so they can appear more realistic ^_^. Sadly though they are right by a window (I only have one resin doll) and the blinds are closed and not much sun comes through it. And I always have them surrounded by plushies anime or hello kitty style XD. Tehe!

2. There are usually a few in each room but the bath and kitchen. I like posing them in groups and there seem to always be a few visiting as well, (which I love), and lots of non-resins. I like to mix the types up and set them in different places. Some on our large desk, usually 1 I am looking for inspiration for is on a night table, then in another room, they have a bookcase with 1:12 - 1:3 shelves usually set with tea table and chairs. I'd love to get a pedestal to display the Shiva when she comes, and make a very frilly 1:3 boudoir and a Wunderkammer in 1:4. The main requirements are that they be out of any direct sun and easily reachable to pose and play with ;)

3. Right now I only have the one doll, and he is perched on the coffee table in the living room.

One day, when I have more space, I'd like to get a set of shelves or something else for the resin army I'm slowly building with my roommate. I want something that can do them justice, but something that won't make me feel like I can't interact with them (ex: glass case, curio cabinet).

4. I returned to read new posts. I'm still giving this some thought. I border on the hoarder version of collector right now. I am older and I have a lot of them. I don't like the idea of them in a box, but that is my psychology and maybe not their's. It is a safer place for them and as a vampire likes the coffin where he sleeps, I think dolls like their boxes. Many of my dolls are on a big baker's rack right now. I have this perfect HUGE built in type shelving unit. Very deep and with adjustable compartments.

I could make some "rooms" of different scales for them on this shelf. Would be great for photography. I might put a curtain, that can be moved aside easily, maybe even a screen, to make sure they are protected from any sunlight issues.

I will have to swap things around. Books, etc. to the Baker's rack where dolls are now.

5. I actually hadn't even considered that, even though I consider a BJD...I'm happy to see that most people actually keep their BJDs on display in some way or another.
      I'll make sure to keep my dolls out of reach of my cat and fiancé, though. :)

I don't like the idea of face-up fading, though. :S

6. I haven't adopted my first BJD yet, either, but I do a have a collection of Tonners in different sizes, some Ellowynes and every now and then a Fashion Royalty will slip in. :)

When I first started collecting, my dolls were all kept in their boxes and were stored on top of some of my bookshelves, but that was a space issue more than anything else. The apartment we were living in at the time just didn't have the room for me to display them. After we moved into our house the dolls jumped out of the boxes and onto a behind-the-door shelf system that my hubby and I built. Now when I walk into my doll room I can see all of my dolls except for one. She's an off topic BJD that I keep in her box when I'm not playing with her, but she gets *tons* of out of the box time.

For what it's worth, I don't think there is a right and wrong way to play with or interact with your dolls. It's all about what makes you happy and what you're comfortable with. I thought that I would be super worried about handling the doll I have, but I'm not and I've been having a blast with all the extra articulation that she has compared to my other dolls. She's quickly become my favorite and by adopting her, I know that moving towards other BJDs will be the right thing for me.

7. Here are a part of mine, ^____^
      Not only BJD, I love all dolls.

I want to see them , touch them, enjoy them.

[​IMG]
      My desk, ^^ par Nae-chan, sur Flickr

8. I don't like to keep my dolls locked away (just their bounty of clothing!). I keep mine on my bookshelf, not in sunlight or anything. The boy is sitting on the shelf, and the girl (both msd) is sitting on the Disney horse Maximus from Tangled. He is perfect height for her to chill out on! It was like someone at Disney knew to make him that height for my doll...

9. I live in a basement apt & on top of that I've got thick curtains (more for keeping the heat in than anything) - I've got my little girl & my Dana boy on my dresser w/their things :D

10. I had to keep my dolls in their boxes for two months (because we moved) and when I took them out the poor dolls 'seemed very unhappy' about their time in seclusion. I like to have my dolls (all 15) to be in the middle of everything and thus they are sitting on living room floor where everyone can see them (and its also very easy to pick them up). Vacuuming is a bit difficult, since I have to move all dolls but who cares...

11. I have my girl sitting on one of the bookshelves in my living room, out of the sun but she's always out where I can see her and play with her. If I hid her away I wouldn't have much enjoyment out of owning her, so really the only time she'll be boxed is if I'm moving or something. :3

12. I really like that set up!

13. I don't have any special way of displaying my girl. She just sits around the house, she likes to travel from the desk to the couch, to the floor... etc. She mostly sits on my desk though behind my monitor where the light can't discolour her. :P I'm very careful about her and her "care". :)

14. I'm installing carpet in my Dolly Cabinet today~ Its an old TV cabinet with drawers for dolly clothes/accessories. its fully enclosed to keep sun/dust off of them, and its like a mini-room~ I love remaking old furniture into something new and useful! :D

Might not be 100% with the topic of this thread, but there is a photo thread with TONS of pictures and great ideas! ^_^

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...l-room-enviroment-bedroom-quot-own-space-quot

15. When he's not being played with, I keep my doll on a stand on my dresser. I keep my bedroom very dark (blinds and thick drapes) due to my own light sensitivity, so it works out well for us.

16. I don't have a doll yet, but I'll have it by my pc table. So that I could apreciate it every day. I don't like the fact of having it boxed most of the time.

17. Thanks, I bought this desk especially to be able to put my dolls and drawing stuffs, but I have to make some changed, ^^ the big one will go upper and some are in my closets, I will put the boxes, Yo SD clothes, to my big closet, only keep dolls + drawing stuffs here.

18. My dolls are all sitting together with my girlfriend's dolls on top of my dresser out of direct sunlight. I want to be able to see them so I don't like putting them in their boxes. I also hate putting them in their boxes unless I have to carry a bunch of them somewhere all at once. Though my 70cm would be hard to have to stuff his box in anything, it's almost as big as me...

19. i keep the blinds in my room down and the curtains closed so that my boy can sit out on my book shelf all the time. it's a very shady part of my already pretty dark room. lol. So, my book shelf is his "display stand"

20. My dolls are in four different places in the house. I've got Isabelle&Trey and their family in the spare bedroom on the dresser. They are sitting in little chairs and on benches. In my bed room I have seven dolls sitting on the dresser and four in my bed. Then I have four tiny ones sitting next to me on the computer desk.

I've never been a person who puts their collectibles out of reach. I like my dolls a lot and I want to be able to play with them when ever.