1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you display your dolls?

Oct 2, 2011

1. I only have one doll right now, and I'm quite poor, so she sits by herself on my bookshelf out of direct sunlight. I keep my blinds closed most of the time, as well.

When I get a few more dolls and have more money/space, I'd like to get a display cabinet for them. :)

2. When my fiance and I finally find an apartment that we both like, I plan to have my dolls sitting in our office on a shelf.

3. My room is really light; I have curtains, but they are rather transparent. Nevertheless I do keep my dolls on display in my room, just because I don't see the point in having them if I can't see them every day. It makes me happy to have them around! To avoid them being in direct sunlight, I have placed them next to my bed, which has curtains, so all in all they are behind two layers of transparent curtains. That's the best I can do without locking them away in a cupboard or keeping them in their boxes.

However, when they are sitting in their 'safe' spot, I can't see my dolls when I'm working, so I will regularly take one, two or all three and have them sit on my desk by the window. When direct light reaches my desk, I wrap the dolls in their cloaks.

I think it's important to take good care of the dolls as they are precious to me, but I don't want to exaggerate either. I know they will yellow a little anyway, and I guess my WS dolls (my favourite dollie tone) are probably more vulnerable to yellowing than others, but I don't mind. That's just part of what resin dolls are like. When taking care of them interferes with my enjoyment of them, it goes too far.

4. I have them in a glass-doored cupboard, facing away from the windows. I can look at them and they don't get too much light. ^^

5. I have special doll shelves put up specifically for displaying my dolls. They're away from windows and out of the sun, there's enough space on the shelf so that they don't have to be up against the wall to keep from falling, and my personal favourite, they're out of reach from the grabby hands of small children. ;)

6. If you look under my signature, I have a link to how mine are displayed. Not up to date as a body came in today, but they are all out.

7. We have cats so I don't like the thought of displaying my dolls on shelves where they can be knocked to the floor. Instead, they are displayed in a case with plexiglass doors.

8. I just repainted my room, and put up a shelf just for my dolls to sit/ stand on. So now they're all displayed there. :D I never open my curtains in my room anyway (have to keep windows closed to keep out the noise of the neighbours - -; ) so I'm not worried about sun damage.

9. My dolls usually live in a glass front display case, so that I can see them. I am not too worried about sunlight because I keep the blinds closed unless I am in the room.

10. I put them nicely in my computer desk :) This way, they can accompany me working at all time :D
      Since my desk is far away from my room window, they are not exposed to sunlight. Only my indoor lamp in the ceiling.

11. My dolls are either on my dresser next to my bed in the far corner of my bedroom away from my windows or tucked away safely in their boxes. They used to have their own bookshelf for displaying them before I moved.

12. I only have one doll, but she currently lives in a dollhouse. :) Because she's so small, I felt uncomfortable with her sitting on a shelf. I have a cat as well, and I'm a bit scared that the doll's fluffy hair might look like a toy in my cat's eyes... :( So, she used to live in her box the first month or so, but then I got a dollhouse and now that's where she lives in. ^^

It's a Fairyland PukiPuki btw, hence the dollhouse.

13. My bookshelf has a large shelf near the top for displaying things. I have my curiosities and my doll displayed in there. I'm thinking about making a small environment for him in there, maybe make a couch or a bed or something then a background, etc.

14. I had my dolls sitting or standing on my floor, since I'm in an apartment with no animals. They stood by my bed, which was kind of neat. I have since bought a shelving unit from Target, it's about $26 for an approximately 6 foot tall shelf, 2.5 feet wide with five adjustable shelves. I keep my blinds pulled, but I plan on setting up a slightly darker unit for them, maybe just adding some fabric to cover it part of the time.

15. My fiancé and I have several shelves as a dedicated “apartment” and we recently acquired a large doll bed for several to rest on; they always all over the house—some up on the shelves, some on our bed, some downstairs in the living room. They live in our home just like us.

16. She lays peacefully on my computer desk. :)

17. I unfortunately have no place to display my lovelies at the moment that's also protected from sunlight, so they've been staying in my closet. I would like to set up some sort of mini-apartment in there for them eventually, but first there's a LOT of stuff that would have to be moved since my closet also doubles as storage for a lot of the stuff from my wedding. xP

18. I've got a doll shelf where most of them sit, and I keep one at my computer desk. Our blinds are closed almost all the time, so I'm not worried about that. Some go in their box so the shelf doesn't get too cluttered. They take turns. :)

19. My doll is always sitting in my room or in the living room :) I could not put her in the box again.

20. Right now they have a comfortable sitting area on my shelf, though at times I'll carry them around with me, or at least have them next to me while I'm studying at my desk or something (though both of them are just floating heads so having them there is less space-consuming x'D)