1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I have about half of them displayed in my bedroom on shelves or desks. The other half are in my Doll trunk or closet. (Especially WS the dolls.)

2. I have a lighted curio cabinet on the way because my big spoiled cat took over their doll chaise they all fit on. Miss Baby doesn’t care about my dolls, she’ll sit on them if I don’t move them so the chaise is now hers. :doh Right now they’re stuck in boxes until my cabinet gets here.

3. They're in containers until I get enough motivation to stand them up against the wall and hope for a good photoshoot.

4. I only have one at the moment, but I love him and I also work from home, so he often sits with me while I work. He usually follows me around the house and is always sitting somewhere nearby and within reach.

5. On two shelves in the corner of my room away from any sunlight. I used to have them on another shelf but then nearly got a heartattack when I noticed the sun was right on them:doh

6. I have a few dolls but only one on display, Pisyun....He us a bit of a conversation starter haha (if you know, you know)

7. Mine live in ikea cabinets with doors in a separate room with the light blocked out. I keep the rest of the house bright and sunny so it has to be that way. I know the dolls will yellow anyway but I don’t see a reason to hurry that along and I’d also like to keep their clothes from fading too much.

I do have a desk in their room so its fun to go in there and work surrounded by dolls.

8. In the past, our dolls have usually lived up on higher shelves of bookcases or in the closet on a shelf, or in their boxes while in storage. We had all of ours boxed up in storage for 3, maybe 4, years or so I think now... Just haven't had time, space, or money for them. We were moving so much and the apartments were pretty small. Finally got them all back out. Storing them as they were shipped did really well. They were all safe and sound. One box's corner suffered at the teeth of our house bunny, but that's okay. He's just doing what rabbits do, totally my fault for storing them under the bed for a while where he regularly hung out at night lol.

Currently they've got two dedicated shelves in the master bedroom's walk-in closet. I'm planning to move some stuff around and give them a third. The closet is finished and really nice, but I want to put 'wallpaper' in their shelves, too. Right now their shelves have fluffy pink 'carpet'. Maybe some fairy lights or something? I want to make them look nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#188 Onigirikiri, Aug 28, 2021
      Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    9. I've had to change my display multiple times due to amount of dolls and also my cats getting too curious, but currently I have them on two adjacent shelves with the sides around them blocked off to keep them barricaded from the cats. Waiting on a backdrop for the one dresser for their display area to add some extra pizazz and block out the sun coming in from the window!

10. i just recently got a "bookshelf" with glass doors so my dolls live on the top shelf of that, its dark in there so its hard to see em but i like it just fine. they were living on a shelf before hand

11. hey everybody! as you already know i wanna know how you all display your dolls! i recently moved and now have more space for my collections so i wanna get some ideas of how everyone else displays their dolls.

i have around 12 most are 70-90cm that are just standing/sitting on a shelf but some are rare and some are extremely detailed i feel bad just having them their and i refuse to store them.all my time and money has gone to organizing and displaying 400+ anime figures and now i think i wanna finally do my dolls!

ive seen dolls kept of custom shelves or just regular shelves like mine and ive seen detolfs used as well but with this many i dont wanna just line up a bunch of detolfs like my old anime display

so tell me how you display your dolls or tell me about any cool displays youve seen!

12. At the moment, I just have them sitting on a small desk in my work/doll room. I also keep one on my computer desk, kind of rotate them around depending on who I'm focusing on. Though I used to set them up in dioramas I had made, I just don't have the room for the kind of scale I had been working with. However, I am plotting out a diorama for smaller dolls that I'm excited about.

13. I keep mine in glass door cabinets. It is necessary to keep it away from sunshine. Sometimes I will take them out

14. I always keep them in their boxes, except for taking photos.

15. Finally made room for a shelf so I can keep my dolls safe from both the sun and my cats. My adult cat was not really a problem, but the kitten is incorrigible and so it was time to really commit to a good display for them. Used some pattern craft paper for a nice backdrop along with a printed doll backdrop I had.

It's arranged by size since the middle shelf can't be moved around; top shelf for 1/6 scale, middle shelf for 1/4 scale, and bottom shelf for 1/3 scale (plus it will also house the extra tall 1/4 scale doll coming in the mail, and my little 1/8 scale baby until she gets a stand of her own). Getting in stands for my two biggest dolls so they can stand up and look nicer on display. Once everything I have on order comes in, each shelf will hold 4 dolls!

Bonus cat in the shipping box from the msd centaur body I have.

[​IMG]

16. That's a beautiful cabinet @Panjiren My lot currently live in my wardrobe with solid doors but I will soon be acquiring a dedicated doll room so shall treat myself to a few of those for it. Love your cat.

17. Oh I would love to have a dedicated doll room someday!!

18. Currently, I have dedicated shelves on the walls that are away from the sun it will look nicer when all of my dolls are not in various states of being finished ( some bodies don't have heads, and some are naked and some don't have eyes...). I have a friend who does not like to have unfished dolls displayed but I am the total opposite and cannot stand any of my dolls put away, I want to see them and take them down as often as I can spare. The shelf is very full now and I have a few more bodies for the floating heads coming and such hopefully arriving before the end of the year and a few more dolls, so I will be needing more space or rearrange things.

There is the possibility that I will be able to have a dedicated room and might be able to have a few dioramas depending on how my living space situation turns out next spring (fingers crossed).

19. I love the idea of using craft paper. I don't know much about wallpaper, but wonder how well that would also work:nowords:.

20. Currently on a corridor bookshelf. There aren't any windows nearby, and I walk past my dolls many times every day, so it's a pretty good place for them.