1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I think for wallpaper, it'd be best to cover the back piece before you install it in the shelf or else it might be hard to get into the shelf nicely; also if you used wallpaper glue it would be a lot more permanent than what I did which was double sided tape lol. But you could also get a really cool pattern that would meet up better than the craft paper does! Definitely something to consider.

2. These are all great ideas, I'm just getting started and was trying to figure out how to display them!

3. Mine are displayed among my orchids! They were my last obsession :lol:

4. @Katrynar
      That must look so pretty! Orchids are so wonderful for doll displays!

I just keep mine in their boxes unfortunately, since I am always worried they'll break somehow when I am not looking. I would love to display my dolls in the future in a nice diorama.

5. Pics or it didn't happen! :XD:

Ryu

6. The dolls I had growing up are either in plastic boxes or glass display cases at my mother’s place, but the dolls at my current place are mostly in their boxes. My 1/3 scale doll is currently sitting on my dresser since I’ve been wanting to look at her lately.

7. All their crap is on the shelves too :lol:[​IMG]

8. I'm a newbie to collecting bjd so I bought a nice glass cabinet for them. It's kinda small but I try switching them every week or months if I remember.

9. I have three up in my room on various shelves, and four downstairs on shelves.

10. Thank you! I can’t wait til they’re all blooming in a few months! They will be even better! I have some blooming ones but the shelves are too short to put them there

11. My dolls have a dedicated Ikea Pax wardrobe frame with two shelves added. It will eventually be three rooms, a living room for my big boys, a bedroom for my MSD's and a nursery.

12. That is so cool!:D Your dolls look so happy sitting amongst the flowers. :3nodding:

Just be careful where you place them in relationship to the lights. UV rays, sunlight and/or high heat can cause resin to "yellow" faster than it normally would. Resin will yellow/change color some anyways, its a natural part of anything resin, but I'm sure you don't want to speed up their color change any faster than they would otherwise.

Thanks for sharing!

Ryu

13. I like to display mine in a big cabinet we got at IKEA :) I buy my dolls with the intention of them making me happy and being fun. So I like to see mine and prefer them to be easily accessible. :) It seems many are worried about yellowing and decrease in value, but yellowing is normal to a certain extend and I don’t mind it.

14. Ooo I didn’t even think about that ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️ thank you! I’ll move them to another orchid shelf that doesn’t have lights! Or better yet, get them their own shelf on an opposite wall

15. Mine were hanging out in the guest room during the Summer due to the humidity in my room being awful during the Summer, but now they're sitting on top of my dresser and I'm honestly happy they're back in my room :whee:

16. My bed is a side sleeper with a big thick sideboard with small shelves behind two sliding doors, I keep my dolls bjd and otherwise on the top of the headboard, there's a surprising amount of room. BJDs sit with their legs draped over the edge and if they fall they land on pillows and blankets, porcelain and fashion dolls stand.

17. If I can, I like to sit them around me at my desk. The faves get priority ofc and then the others will get displayed elsewhere in my room~

18. On a shelf , surrounded by shabby chic or vintage items. They have a little section just for them.