1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. They said the non-skid stuff, so it might be a chemical reaction between the type of PVC in that and whatever plastic is commonly used for the shoes. One of those random reactions, like people have mentioned here that silicone eyes can react badly to some puttys used to attach them and end up cloudy or sticky.

Chemical reactions can be pretty interesting. I mean unless you know metals, most people wouldn't know that nickle is used as blocks on the outside of steel ocean going ships. The nickle effectively attracts the ions in the seawater to corrode, to protect the steel from rusting. A similar reation is why the Zumwalt class ships in the US Navy were decommissioned, they had an aluminum hull (nice and light for speed), and a steel structure (nice and stable), which resulted in extreme corrosion where the two were in contact if salt water was introduced.

2. I have cats and kids, so my girls sleep in their boxes. They do have homes though. They just only get to be in them when I am actively watching them. I left my doll stuff carrying case open for just a few minutes one day while I went out of the room and the next morning I found a wig that had been stolen (unnoticed by me) and played with by a cat. Presumably it looked like a mouse, lol, soft and brown. Thankfully it was not ruined. I can't leave my stuff out for a minute.

3. @kittyglitter We don’t have pets, but my youngest kid I swear has a soul of a Lab puppy. She even likes sticking her head out the car window :nowords: I have to be extra vigilant she doesn’t decide to play with mommy’s dolls. She been in a crafting/paint super mode lately.

4. Right now, my dolls are on my dresser and on stands, though I'm thinking about getting a small shelf or cabinet to put them in to give them something nicer but I don't have much space. In the future I'm hoping to get a curio cabinet to display them all in along with a little bit of doll furniture

5. My husband and I love using IKEA's Detolf glass cabinets for all our figures. I have one dedicated to my dolls! I need to give them something proper to sit on, but right now they're laying on a protective fluffy blanket someone came with in their box.

6. I have some Ikea Eket wall cabinets with glass doors. They are kind of small but definitely fit 1/6 yosd sizes. It doubles as a mini diorama. Billy bookcases are also really good since you can adjust the shelf heights and also attach a door to them.

7. Larger dolls usually go straight into one of IKEA's Besta cases or one of the lighted display cases by Sideshow/Legend Studio. Smaller ones (40 cm max.) go into the Model Cover cases by Hobby Base. They're super cheap and offer UV protection. The price comes with a downside, though. I wouldn't use them if I wanted to protect my dolls from pets and/or children as they're not that sturdy.

8. @Hannya Sideshow sells cases?! I have to make do with my current situation due to space constrictions but that's good to know if I ever can get a legit display case!

9. I've seen collectors in various hobbies using detolf cabinets and I want to get a couple so, so badly. All of my dolls are hanging out on shelves in various areas of my room, which isn't necessarily bad but they get dusty really easily. - _ - )

10. They're unfortunately only big enough for a single doll (or a few smaller ones) but come in various sizes: 1/4 Scale Collectible Display Case

I like buying them for "centerpieces" :3nodding:

11. @Hannya Aaaah I see. But that does look good for those scale figures. Thanks for the link!

12. how do you guys display your dolls!?

13. My livingroom over Christmams:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

#253 Teddy, Feb 28, 2022
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2022
    14. I need to add some sort of doors or plexiglass covers, but I have this bookshelf I'm using for dolls/ collectibles (and a few books, because they go with the main doll who lives here). It's an ikea Hemnes, but any shelf that's sturdy enough and has adjustable shelves would've worked- this is simply what was available at the time. I wanted the billy because it has doors, but they were out of stock >< I'll need to remove the top shelf eventually and rearrange things, but I don't have a doll stand yet, so it doesn't matter that he's too tall to stand with it in right now lol. The firegrate is there to keep one of my naughty cats from trying to climb it or pull things off (hence why I need covers or doors and why I don't have more dolls on it at the moment).[​IMG]

15. All these displays are so nice TuT I wish I had more space to arrange my dolls all together but alas. Unless I went and stored all my anime figures and funkos in boxes, I just don't have the space for it :' ]

16. I mostly use a shelf for my single doll, but I plan on building like a diorama into this bookshelf I’m currently using for my girlie. It’s good for me right now!

17. I converted a planter hanger thing (one of those rope planter holders) into a swinging beanbag for my girls and I think it is really cute!

18. That is a brilliant idea! I don't have a lot of real estate for my collections so something like this is just what I need.

19. I bought a small wooden cat house, about 1.6m high, and some beautiful wall paper to cover it except the glass side. Then I have a good-looking mobile display case. (It's really much cheaper than a genuine wooden display case may cost...)