1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I always put them in the drawer if I don't take pictures with them.

2. I have one of those 9 cube organizers, and have three cube boxes filling up the bottom with clothes, extra parts and faceup supplies, and then the dolls sit around in the little squares or on top!

3. My goodness, @Teddy look at them all! I didn't know there were so many, and you have them really beautifully displayed. I am having no end of a job getting mine sorted. The problem is that the dolls have to compete for room with other things, like books and...stuff.

We recently got rid of an Ikea shelving unit that I hated and now have a desk (hm) and are thinking of getting wall shelves for the minis. But I need advice about wall shelves! I want to get some of those String Pocket shelves, but I don't know how they'd cope with BJD.

4. Sheltie, where did you get your shelves from? I'm in the UK so it may not help, but they are very nice and I'm thinking of wall shelves for my minis and tinies.

5. Ikea store but I have got some from Argo for my pony models in the past but I liked these white ones from ikea as the brackets were better. I am also from UK

6. @Sheltie thank you! We're not too far from an Ikea so that's really useful to know. I need some strong shelves :)

7. Fabulous hope you get sorted was last July i got mine.

8. I'm actually considering buying corner-glass shelves that I can install myself so I can set their height as need-be, and also string up my lights in my room around them for neat lighting! They're cheap, and easy to install/adjust!

For now tho, my 3 MSD's are sitting on my jewelry box, and I have no room for my 70cm boy coming in, so this is why I'm ready for a revamp for space.

9. @Sheltie I need to measure the space for the shelves to see how room I've got left.

@Pigxels that sounds like a good idea. Photos of the finished result, please!

10. I keep mine in boxes and all the accessories in totes, I would love to display them but I'm saving that project for when I'm in my "forever home".

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

11. @Arekushia that is so tidy! I think a lot of my boxes are in the loft. But the main problem is filing doll clothes and wigs.

12. I'd love to know what everyone else uses to display their dolls! I want more Ideas on how to better display my collection <3

I personally have been using an old entertainment unit (the big box tv kind). The TV area is for my bigger dolls and the DVD/CD shelfs are for my tiny dolls! Though it would be nice to add a shelf in the TV area, it's more or less perfect for doll display. (in my opinion of course)

13. Mine hang out on top of, or in, a display cabinet that contains other 3d artworks. (I collect model horses, and Spouse collects other figures, and we have a cat so glass is a must.)

They move between there and the craft area when they're having work done or helping out with a project. ;)

14. Right now my doll family is fairly small, so I deep them on my desk. Since I'm done with college I get to decorate my desk with all my favorite things. We have a lot of other shelves filled with figures, but they aren't big enough for my MSD girls. One day I'd love to have a glass display case just for my dolls, but right now we don't really have the space for it in our apartment.

15. Mine are in an old china cabinet.

16. My husband made me a small display box for our bedroom, but I'm slowly running out of room :sweat I would love to have them hang out in the computer room with us, but I'm afraid our cats would knock them over...

17. I have custom built shelving taking up an entire wall of our spare bedroom. All of the dolls are displayed in room dioramas there, the extra clothes/accessories not in the dioramas are in a chest of drawers or hanging in the closet. The door stays shut when I'm not in that room, so the dolls are safe from my dog, dust and guests who might not appreciate them as much as I do.

18. I have a couch and bed in my girls’ scale, so they just hang out on those on their own table.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

19. Wow some awesome ideas! Do any type of light globes contribute to resin yellowing? I was thinking of storing mine in a TV cabinet with glass door, but it is quote deep so was thinking perhaps some LEDs? But I dont want to damage the resin!

20. I have just bought this to display my Tawny Owl Popovy doll I have on order!