1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I have a white bookshelf that i took some shelves away from to allow for the dolls to stand. So some are standing and others are sitting on small doll chairs. Thats in my office/craft room. In my bedroom i have a tall tv cabinet that was converted into a baby wardrobe that I then painted a pastel green to fit my pastel room. I took away the curtains that it came with and i've got some stuffed animals and dolls in that too. Sadly no matter what room, there is window light pretty much directly on them which sucks, but i didn't get my dolls to hide them away.

2. This was something that I had to address in 2019. I've kept my dolls in boxes or out of sight, but this really dampened my enjoyment of them. Realistically, I'm not going to unbox all of my dolls again if I want to play with them, so the search for the perfect cabinet began!

I also collect Blythes, so I wanted the cabinet to essentially hold all of my dolls. I ended up purchasing the larger Billy bookcase from IKEA with the Oxberg glass doors. It holds a lot and everything is safe within the doors. I also have my BJDs on doll stands, so that they don't take up too much space in the cabinet.

I really enjoy having them all in one location in a cabinet with see-through doors. Even in the morning, when I'm getting ready, I'll walk over and take a look at them. I definitely get significantly more enjoyment out of them now! Plus with the doors, very little to minimal dust. :)

3. thank you for the link, I've been looking for something similar

4. Kinda looking for ideas ;3

anyways, how do you choose to store/display your dolls? Do you have a nice expensive display case, or rather just keep them in their box or on a table? Especially if you have pets...

bonus points for pictures! ;D

5. I don't have anything fancy, partly because if I'm going to be spending money on dolls I want to spend it on the actual doll, and partly because I'm just lazy, lol. Right now my guys sit on top of the shorter bookshelf in my room, which works thematically because they're shelled characters from the series the shelf holds merch for!

[​IMG]

Eventually I'll need to do something different, because at best there's only space to squeeze one more doll on that top shelf, and at worst it's already full, and my planning has at least three more guys coming home... I do have a fancier display case, but it's already packed full of stuff, and the shelves aren't tall enough for these guys anyway. If I put them in there they'd have to be sitting. So I'd have to dig around and find something that fits, and then save up for it, and then figure out where in my room to put it, and and and...

I have a cat, and I was worried about her getting too interested in my dolls, but she mostly ignores them. She loves their boxes, though!

[​IMG]

6. I have a case with glass fronts that protect them from dust, cats and grandchildren. But most live in boxes unless I am working on something for them as the case is not large.

7. I used to have specific display areas for my dolls but these days they're just all over my room or my craft table. I tend to move them around as I see fit. Some even live on my headboard these days. :sweat

8. I was into making dioramas before I was into collecting dolls (we're talking age 8 here, lol), so I keep my dolls in dollhouses or partial dioramas. My 1:24 scale BJD is in a half-scale dollhouse I inherited from a relative. My female Raysvet dolls are in a 1:12 scale dollhouse. All of the larger dolls migrate between an upcycled Our Generation trailer, a Glitter Girls Sweet Shop, and a partial diorama with a Kit Kittridge foldout bed and a table and chairs.

9. I keep my msd crew in the top part of a secretary desk but I have an SD coming this year that won’t fit so I’m not sure what I’ll do with him yet.

10. He is sitting on my couch headless yet. Only his halfmade wig is on the s hook. His eyes and head is on my painting tray. For almost two weeks now. (face up dilemmas in progress..) :sweat Normally he is sitting on my sewing machine...

11. I keep my dolls in a glass cabinet- safe from dust and sunlight. Since my collection is sort of small, I can squeeze all of the dolls (and floating heads) into the cabinet. Their clothes/wigs/etc are kept in boxes and drawers (one box for wigs, one box for shoes/accessories, one box for MSD clothes and so on) :apig:

[​IMG]

12. I don't have a picture because my camera is truly bad. But I keep Lenny, and all her stuff in a cookie tin! She's wrapped safely not to worry. It's one of those cookie tins that almost every kid in the US has opened expecting cookies and found sewing supplies instead. I keep my MSD in a box that is actually from a different company than she is:sweat. My storage is safe, but eclectic to say the least.

13. Well I dont have pets so I keep my dolls on my desk :D Also I am too lazy to find/buy them a glass cabinet haha :D

14. I have a ikea hejne shelf that i use not only to display them but also hold their rooms. its like 35 w x 19 d and i set the shelves to give enough space. So far i have Luciens room done but i dont have the walls up yet. I bought black foamboard and put contact paper and sealed it with mod podge to make a hardwood floor. I tried this with smaller diaramams and the scapbook paper is coming off the posterboard after years of being used. I dont know why i didnt realize this because their want my dad uses for his wargame stuff but theres sticky posterboard. XD i just have to decide on what i want for his walls. I know it will be a little short but i can probably use that space to store stuff.

15. Mine are in my living room. My dresser is our tv stand so I have dolls on the sides of the tv. One stands/leans on the wall and the other is sitting in front and leaning on the tv a bit so she doesn't topple. I am always shaking the dresser to make sure they are secure because I do get paranoid of them falling or tipping over.
      My resin girl is always sitting because I worry about her tipping the most, but then I also worry I am wearing the elastics, I can't win lol

16. I have an antique medical trunk with drawers. The top opens to store...something, I'm not sure. But I leave the top open and pose my boy inside and store his clothes and wigs in the drawers! I'll have to figure out something else if I expand the collection, but it works for now.

17. I keep my dolls in drawers under my bed, but I would love to have space to display them in glass cases one day :)

18. When I moved, we have a small room adjacent to our living room. Black out curtains and a door later, There was a space built into one wall that was perfect for a large standing shelf. So much measurement, math, and scribbling later I was rambling through home decor stores until I found the perfect sized wood and metal shelf. The shelves are all tessellated at different heights, which gives it the appearance of rooms. My dolls have either their own room or shared lounging spaces in said shelf. The interesting part is there is some room left for another just turned on its side in the alcove. So when my high rise runs out of space I build an extension.

Its great to be able to walk into that room and just look at their beauty.

19. Hi guys! I’m moving out in the next few months and am starting to think about new ways to display my dolls since I’ll have more space. Currently I have them on a bookshelf at the end of my bed which is awkward to get to and I can’t see them and get to them as easily. If anyone has any ideas or even photos of how they display their dolls please share them I’m looking for some inspiration! Thanks!

20. I keep mine laying down on a shelf. It's wire, so there's no back for them to lean against, and I don't trust them to sit unsupported for long periods of time, being slim 1/4 dolls with big heads and loosened elastic. The nearby window has a non-blackout dark curtain over it, so some light still gets through, but they're yellowed from age anyway, if UV light is still a concern.