1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Display Your Dolls?

Sep 23, 2017

1. I keep my dolls (well I only have one for now but, lol) in a glass display cabinet. My room is pretty dark naturally, but I ordered some blackout curtains).

Not sure where I will fit my 1/3 size doll though once he comes. I think the shelves are too small... at least for him to stand up. Though I suppose I can display him sitting down!

2. Well I don't have a BJD yet, but I have a "doll spot" on my desk that is getting cleared out and upgraded to "BJD corner". My desk is fairly big and has the back tower shelves at the sides, so the sun never shines in to that corner of the room. I like to keep things that make me happy as close as possible to the place I spend the most time at... Well while conscious that is :)

3. Before I moved I had my doll in an old reptile cage lol like the glass ones. Shes a 1/4 msd whatever you wanna call it. It worked pretty well.

...I was goina add a picture but I cant figure out how lol :(

4. Only for my BJDs I have them on shelves in a dark room with blackout curtains. This room has non-UV LED lights and I do keep all their clothes etc... in there. I want to be able to grab whomever I want to work with and enjoy seeing them all the time, as it's a room I'm often in. :)

5. I've ordered a roombox where I keep my doll. I am planning to order a plastic box to cover it from dust. Yes, it doesn't protect the doll from the sun, but I have heavy curtains.
      [​IMG]

6. I display my dolls on a shelf but I’m thinking about storing them nicely in a draw and taking them out and displaying them when I feel like for a few reasons.
      1. Reduce yellowing
      2. I go through stages where I’m obsessed/not interested in my dolls; (for example, if I’m really busy with other project or unhappy with a character/story development). It’s nice to take a break for a while and look at them with fresh eyes.
      3. I am shy and don’t really want people to see my dolls
      4. Protect them from dropping and falling off my shelf.

7. I plan on keeping my dolls in plastic buildable boxes (originally one of those assemblable plastic shelves; one built right now) and setting them on soft materials and semi-sheer coverings. That way they can be moved around safely and I have easy access to pose them.

8. Huh, I could have sworn I posted here already...

I’m a member of the Billy book case club. I have two, one for my minis and one for my DDs and SDs. My boyfriend has a couple of his DDs in the large doll cabinet, but I have an Iplehouse SID boy on the way so I told him they’re about to get evicted :lol:

This photo was taken a few dolls ago... but you get the idea.
      [​IMG]

9. Depends on the hobbyist! Mine has been in their boxes for the last 10 years. I am way too afraid of yellowing to keep them in daylight, plus they don't fit my decoration too well.

10. I have a bookshelf with glass doors. I've been thinking of getting an actual display cabinet though, the bookshelf is getting kind of cramped with all the books in addition to the dolls.

11. My dolls are currently in two places. I have a short (end-table height) bookshelf next to the chair I'm usually in when I'm home (reading or on my laptop or whatnot), and several of my dolls sit on top of that: my lone SD has a chair, my three MSDs are sitting on a "bench" I got from Goodwill that I think is supposed to be a paper towel holder, and one of my tiny dragons usually hangs out there next to the tiny space left over for a glass of water or cup of coffee. I like having them within reach/easy handling distance. :) I also have a bookshelf/dollhouse? of sorts bought at Goodwill that has a "roof" on top that houses my various fantasy tinies on the different shelves/levels.

12. I have a doll room lined with shelves. On those, are doll sized furniture pieces arranged in rooms that my dolls live in. The doll room is in the basement, with only the walk out as a window. That faces north and is curtained, so I don't especially worry about excess light.

13. A bookshelf is easiest for me, but I would eventually like a room box or two.

14. What do you guys use to stand and display your larger dolls? I have a 70 cm Dollzone male and just recently acquired a Soom Onyx. I’d like to get stands for them even though I know they can usually stand on their own. I’m just too afraid of them falling so I want a bit of extra support, especially since they’re both discontinued models.

15. I use a stand or some other form of anchoring for all my larger dolls. We get earthquakes where I live so I wanted to make sure they'd be safe!

16. Don't let them stand on their own. My first Ringdoll made a nosedive because i think his elastic pulled too much. I don't know. He suddenly snapped in sitting position. The saddle stand i have is sturdy for him and i recommend it for display. I have one with a waist holder but only my 60cm girl can stand with that, don't use it for 70cm dolls since they're too heavy. They're all sitting sideways in my glass cabinet though, the shelves are too low.

Edited:
      Sadle stand i have:
      Doll stand

Waist stand i have:
      BJD Accessories, Dolls - Alice's Collections

17. Like Qianna said, I use saddle stands for most of my dolls, I feel they are more secure, especially when they are already next to a wall. Then again, most of my dolls are strung really well and can stand on their own, the stands are more for my own nervousness. If your doll is prone to bending at the waist I'd definitely look into a waist stand. I'm not sure the best place to get them, as I have purchased all of mine while visiting Fabric Friends and Dolls (a physical store that is close by for BJDs and other dolls), but I know a few companies make them. I will say be careful with the waist stands, places like JoAnns will have a cheaper version of the waist stand, like this, they are far too weak to hold heavy resin dolls, so they are very hit or miss as to if they will work.

18. A friend had heavier metal stands. Not sure if they were from volks. They have both saddle & waist versions. Some waist versions are engineered such that they're bulky & can't be hidden under clothes but provide a better center of balance support. I've also bought heavy plastic based stands from cool cat online as well as inexpensive lightweight stands from dollspart.
      Even with solid balanced dolls some times I find their shoes keep them from standing well so stands are essential.

19. I used a metal stand that came attached to a porcelain doll to secure my SD Azone at the waist and it worked terrifically. Definitely an easy and cheap option as most hobby shops carry those sorts of stands on there shelves.

20. .

#140 Gintsumi, Mar 1, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024