1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you fall in Love?

Dec 13, 2008

1. I was searching for a while for a size and sculpt that would really fit the vision I had in mind, but it wasn't until recently that I found it. I was looking around and thinking "these are all amazing dolls...but they aren't for me."

Until I found a picture of the Fairyland A-line Carl. It was the perfect face, even without the eyes or anything. Then I saw a picture of it done up and I knew right there that was what I wanted.

2. For me it was a little bit of each.

When I got my DoI Luke, I was actually looking for a doll for a totally different character. I wanted a doll for him RIGHT THEN, and I liked Luke, so I bought him. Funny enough, the Luke looked too much like another character and ended up being him instead rather quickly. I loved him, but there were many things about him I couldn't get around, and he is now on layaway to someone else. He had a wonderful face, but his size and body were not to my liking. It could've been avoided had I done more research and waited a little longer, but I don't regret it. He was wonderful, and now Blisdon is getting a new body which will suit him better. :D

With my Sard, it was love at first sight. When Soom put the teaser picture up for him, it was just his face, and it was still immediate love even without seeing the hooved body. When he got here it was iffy, but once I got his hooves and body blushed and got him the right wig, he instantly stepped into character, and I was just in awe. :love To this day, his face is still the best part of him for me, even over the hooves.

With Loa, my Volks Rose, I had admired Rose/Bianka for awhile, but was very iffy about girl dolls. I also thought I would want a more mature looking girl when I got one. I went to a meet up and someone had their Bianka, so I got to experience her hands on. I loved her, she was so adorable, and I knew I wanted one right then and there. I opted for Rose, who had a faceup I liked slightly better, and put her on a 4 month layaway with a very helpful Ebay seller. When Loa got here, I was immediately in love with her and have only loved her more since then. She is possibly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen, she's my baby out of the bunch. :aheartbea

3. Its like anything else, a song, some art, a film...You have that feeling you love it straight away and cant get enough of it...sometimes it takes a while to like something, or see its beauty :)
      Usually I see a sculpt and fall for it, and end up searching for pictures, researching it...and i know thats because I love it.
      However, I have been known to think a doll is so disgusting, so awful, so ugly...and the next thing you know Im buying it months down the line after Ive seen it in person! Sometimes beauty is not seen in pictures on line or what you usually understand as beautiful.

4. Generally it's love at first sight for me. I see a picture & my heart goes ZOOM. Sometimes though the photos might do nothing for me but then I'll see the doll in person & it's a whole different story. I've found that if I buy a doll that I've had to debate about, I usually end up selling it so now I just stick to my first instinct.

5. It took me a while to find a doll that I really like. Recommendations leaned towards Volks, but when I looked at them, I just didn't like them enough to own one.

Eventually, I stumbled across Souldoll and I loved these. I love full lips on dolls and nearly all of their dolls had these.

At first, I really liked Souldoll Linn, but after seeing a few pictures of her that someone else owned, I didn't like her as much.

Then I found Souldoll Katie (the newer one) and LOVED this sculpt. My boyfriend, grandmom, and mom all like this doll as well and none of them (believe me, this is hugely surprising!!) have discouraged me from saving up for it. ^_^

What makes me feel "in love" with doll as opposed to just liking it is that I don't see any regrets or mixed feelings in paying for the high price of it.

6. When I was looking for my first bjd, I had kinda 'list' of things I want from her mold. I wanted her to be openfaced, smiley, in good-mood or whatever is not sad/serious/blank. I saw countless amounts of girls and in the end stopped on some other girl, not Aurora. I was pretty sure she's best choice. But, one day, I saw Aurora almost accidentaly.

I was like 'AH *0*'.

She's not openfaced, she's not smiley, and dont seems to be in good mood at all. But I fell for her right away XD For hour or so I was like 'but she's not smiley...her price is bigger..' but no use. 'WHATEVER. SHE'S BEST <3'
      XD

7. hehe, I know immediately which was like that for the majority of mine, like my Tatiana. However for others it took lots of pictures and scouring of galleries to see their potential, like my Megi. ^^

8. For me, it was love-at-first-sight. I've known about ball-jointed dolls for years now. I'd seen pictures and held real dolls belonging to friends, so I had a pretty good idea of what they were like. I've also spent over a year living with a roommate who has several dolls, and I've been present for the exciting "oh-my-goodness-it's-a-box-of-brand-new-doll!" Despite all that, I never really wanted one--I just thought they were really nice and very neat, but not something I really wanted.

And then I saw the Rosette School of Dolls and spotted Violet. &#9829; Now I'm desperately trying to raise funds for her. @_@ There's just something about her that I couldn't escape. I'm not even sure what I'll do with her or name her--she has no backstory or anything. I feel so silly being obsessed like this! e_e;;

9. For me when it comes to dolls its pretty much a first site love. While a sculpt may grow on me... I have yet to aquire one yet that "grew on me" it was always the love at first site kind.

10. I've had the characters already in mind before shopping for the sculpt. So far with all of my dolls, I've felt a little jolt in my chest the moment I saw their company photos/database pics/etc--like I finally got to see the face of a dear friend I haven't seen in years.

11. Well *points to the signature below* with my dolls it was like this.

UD Jace was our first BJD and first love, but not from the first sight. We saw him, closed the site, open it again in 15 minutes... and after going like this whole evening we realized we've found our first BJD )))
      AS Gavin was love from the first sight, immediately.
      Puki Chichi grew on me slowly, I don't like tinies and never imagine myself having them. Well, she proved me wrong, the Brat.
      DOD Yen was love from the first sight - for my partner. I kinda agree that we'll get him too... and fell in love when he was at home.
      Then... UD Rio was the doll i desperately wanted, but it's not love, at least - not love for the mold. He reminds me of certain book character and that's why I wanted him.
      Keath of E-go project was my sudden love. I saw him lots of time before, and then one day i was shopping on nDoll and whoa! - it was love and I felt I absolutely MUST get him. I guess I suddenly saw "the spark" in him I previously missed.
      Soom Kanoa was my partner's love again. I'm indifferent.
      And Volks Lucas was love from the first sight too. But or some time I was content to adore him from far away. Several months later I felt that it's not enough and i want to have him with us.

So... it's slightly different, but almost always is about love, yes.

12. Like a *thunk* as I fall over backwards :XD:
      No, for my DOT E-an I just kept looking at her pictures all the time, for like 10 months (before I got into the hobby lol) Then I decided to get her :)
      The rest is history as we know it :D

13. With some sculpts, like CP Soony or Soo Dark Human, it was pretty much love at first sight. With others, I didn't really fall in love with them until I had them in my hands. Like, I just got a CP Kum-ran a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, when I ordered her I really wasn't sure if I was going to like her or not. I was very worried about it after I ordered her. But when I opened the box, she was more gorgeous than I had ever imagined she would be, and she has quickly become one of my favorites!

14. Hm..well..I saw a couple Dollshe Bernards and fell in love with the sculpt and I pined over one and then eventually got one. I'm still in love with my Chasey, almost a year and a half later. I think, for me, it starts with a mold. And the more I see other people's dolls of that mold, I either like them still or I dont. And then from there..If I continue liking the mold..I get one of my own..and then it becomes my character, which makes me love them even more. :) I guess there's just some dolls that click for me.

15. I know I totally love them when I can`t help but squee and imagine them being here. XD

16. Usually, I just see a mold that I like really well and it's instant love for me. For some other dolls, I usually don't like them at first, but they eventually start to grow on me.

17. When I started to learn more about BJD's I thought I was doomed to know of an awesome thing but never be able to own one. All the sites I looked at didn't appeal to me at all. Luts was the first okay BJD company I liked, but it didn't make me go "KYAA~ Must have!" But, that all changed when I ran across Dream of Doll and looked at their Idols. They had great profiles (Which I really was being picky about) and great eye shape. Luke was Love for me. He made me want to keep staring at his picture. I searched more and kept thinking of it and finally decided yes, that's the BJD I want.

Took long enough to be able to actually order him after I decided I wanted him ( Out of stock items were a horror ). I don't have him yet, but I'm waiting patiently for him and can't wait to see him face to face. He's going to be worth the wait and a great, great first pick of a BJD.

18. With Migidoll Miho it was deffinately a love at first sight thing, I saw and I wanted but then I found out about the limited periods thing and looked at market prices and thought "no way will I ever have one of them".
      So I looked about and fell breifly for a few other dolls but they weren't 100% what I wanted then Migi started selling again and they were a lot less than I'd thought and now he's mine :]

Now I'm also head over heels with Migidoll Jina, Soom Nion and CP Miyu!

19. Its a combination, there are some that I see and my first reaction is " I love them!"

Others I look at and I tihink are cute or there is something different about them ..then I am not sure and I look so more then I start doing research etc and then they end up growing on me more and more...

20. It was pretty much love at first sight for Esme, Sadie, & Seph. All three girls were Ebay refugees who I found while just poking around. I can definitely say it was the faces for all of them. They just looked like such sweethearts.

Kaia took a little time to warm up to, I see-sawed back and forth between being convinced I couldn't live without her and figuring she was just a 'crush' that I'd get over. Denny on the other hand was BAM! Instant love. & he wasn't even a him at the time. But as soon as I saw him (then a her) I knew exactly who the newest member of the family was gonna be, lol.

Toshe & Grath - I fell in love with the resin color first (becuase of Kaia), then fell in love with LadyS's darling little mold. I just happened to find the combination of the two in the MP and knew they were destined to be part of the crew.

I fell head over heels for Mack when he belonged to aernath, & again, I think it was his face that got me. Tsume was more of the same...there was just something about the way he seemed to look at me.