1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you fall in Love?

Dec 13, 2008

1. I fell in love with the DZ Mo as soon as I saw him, whereas I'd seen the Dollmore Maunier a few times and then one day I just woke up and thought "I want him!!" Interestingly enough, I picked my first boy- a BB An because bobobie was A) affordable and B) An was the cutest sculpt they had IMO >.< (I'm of course still waiting for him, but I thought it'd be interesting to see how it happened for other people XD)

2. Well i have 19 dolls and it was love at 1st sight for all of them!!=^-^=

3. Well with Kori, I stumbled across the Bory mold whilst searching through luts one day. It was instant :love HAD to bring him home...and now he's here, and all the craziness I went through to get him was totally worth it.

Another example would be bobobie's tinies and the Lily C off of Souldoll...It was:

1)Come across them "awe...cute"
      2) ::next day:: go back to site and look at again
      3)Keep going back to site
      4)Look through galleries for owner photos
      5)Work them into plans for future dolls

They slowly grow on me...and now I want one >.>'

So I fall in 'love' in two different ways, instant love...or they slowly charm me x3

4. I fell in love with AoD's Ruo Feng the first time I saw him on their site. I just loved how cute and pouty he was... Sometimes I had second thoughts about him, as good owner pics were quite hard to find, but when I finally got him I knew that I had made the right decision, he is even more beautiful in person. <3
      So yeah, for me it was love at first sight. :3

5. It takes awhile because I always change my mind. One day I'll think a certain sculpt is the bees knees then the next I'll see it again and think: Wait, I liked that one? *_*
      I totally need lots of pictures to see which sticks and grows into dollie love.

I've fallen in love at first sight with only two dolls :( I'll probably never get them though. darn limiteds

6. I'll jump around company websites and see which doll catches my eye! After that I'll look up on deviantart and DOA databases to make sure I'm not cheated by professional photography and that I really love the sculpt.

7. I got about the same, browsing sites and forums for dolls. Best way to compare the company pics with the ones owners make.

I use to look at the dolls attitude and expression. when they catch my eye with a lovely look i'm sold i think xD

8. i know that i am in love with the doll when i just can't stop going back to the site and looking at them. i will close the browser and open it again and again to look at them. even though it's the same pictures...

9. Me too! I've been looking for a good one month and hasn't stopped.

10. I know when there is this... feeling of almost inseperability with the promo pics, I guess! :lol: It's the feeling of "knowing" that s/he is the one. :)

11. I remember seeing Angell Studio Gus very early as I was looking for the right doll.. And I just kind of thought I'd keep browsing, seeing if I could find a better one but then I kept coming back to stare at the official pictures. In the end I realized it's no use looking at other dolls, this is the one I love XD

For my second doll, MNF Shushu, I looked at a lot of different MSD girls but after I came across Shushu, I kind of "had a crush" on her, and I tried to look at other dolls but then my love for her grew and I finally ordered her ^^

So it's kind of been "crush" at first sight and then later realized it was love :D

12. With most it's not real love until I open the box, but with my Dollstown kids it has been a first sight love with each one who stays and the sad with tears it didn't work as hoped with ones who have left. But always the hope of another arriving and falling hard so they stay.

13. It simply started with the want of a BJD. I was originally aiming for Souldoll Ize, who is attractive, but didn't really give me the pull I was expecting. I decided one day to sift through the rest of Souldoll's inventory. ''...Kanguk, oh cute...Soo Hyun is nice...Ize...hm? What is THIS?!'' My heart flew around in my chest when I saw Killian's Johnny Depp stock outfits. As I began to closely examine the face sculpt, well...the only way I can really describe the feeling I had was....enh....hang on...it was as if a huge bell was being rung in my stomach. Y'know, like a church bell? Huge. Like, BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. The whole world throbbed around me, and suddenely I didn't know where I was, and I didn't care. And I knew then too that it didn't matter how many hundreds I had to pop out, as long as we could be together. He was meant for me....YAH ITS CORNY i know. But its true and from the heart, so it counts, lol.

14. With me, there are two ways that I could fall in love --one is I would come up with a name or think of a favourite character and look at pictures until a doll's mold clicked, then I would start saving, or the second way is that I would look around at different sites or pictures or what-not... And if a name comes to mind as I look at a picture, that doll is coming home. So far it's worked that way anyway. :lol:

15. There are a lot of dolls I've liked during my time in this hobby, and some have made the wish list.. but as far as "falling in love," it just seems like I feel this instant attraction that trumps every other doll mold I've had my eye on. It just feels right, in a way! If that makes sense at all. :sweat Really, with all my dolls, I've only seen pictures. First I look at doll sites and then I check out the galleries here for the molds I like, to see them from all angles. I guess I would feel weird getting a doll I saw in person, because most of what I see are at monthly doll meets and I don't want to "steal" someone else's doll, so to say.

16. Hmm... Well, normally, it's a love-at-first-sight sort of thing.
      That's how the dolls I have now came home, and that's how the other two are being saved up for @_@~

Sometimes, though, I'll just "crush" on a doll -- I see them, thinking, "Oh, how pretty/sweet/cute/handsome!" and toy with the idea of bringing them home. I wouldn't MIND bringing them home. I wouldn't MIND changing the story around some to fit them in.

But when I fall in love with a doll, it's like --- BAM!! I WILL bring them home, I WILL change that story around to fit them in, and gosh darn, they're gonna like it! XD

17. I bought Elfdoll June because she was in front of me in a shop and my choice was her or Lydia. Now I love June but it took awhile! For some reason, I want a Narae msd so much! I like everything about her. I just can't wait to buy mine.

18. Well like alot of people it has to be the face sculpts beauty and,
      personalty for me to fall in love with it!
      My personal favorites are the slightly chubby mature looking ones much like DODs.

19. I fell in love immediately with my first chap that I bought DIM Galahad. I love my second little, msd chap, Soulkid Xell, that I bought him from Bauhausfrau. I saw him on the Marie Antoinette Project post. I loved him instantly. My third lad, DIM Andrea, is a little love. My fourth chap, DIM Karon, that I am paying off on layaway caught my eye instantly. I loved that he looked like an evil warrior. My fifth chap that I fell in love with was DIM Torudoll, Coran. His fine features caught my heart right away.

20. It's usually love at first sight. While browsing a gallery a certain doll will catch my eyes and then I begin a search frenzy and look for different owners' pictures to see how they look with different styles. Usually when I see all the different pictures I fall in love even more.

Sometimes it's accidental. I may think a doll looks all right but when I stumble onto the same mold with a different style I get surprised how beautiful they look.