1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you fall in Love?

Dec 13, 2008

1. Untill now i had 2 different kind of "fall in love". One is the mold, nomatter what skin or faceup or style she has, i always see her beautiful. The other kind, when i fall in love the exact look of a doll, but i don't like in another style.

2. It's love at first sight :D I just know right away that this is a doll that I want (eventhough I felt like this so many times :D)

3. Totally agreed ;]

4. i was very undecisive about chooseng the doll i will buy
      i really liked some, but i didn't really felt that 'something' ^^;
      but then i saw the one. first time it was just like 'oh, he's so pretty.'
      but when i looked again it was like big BOOOOOOM!!!!! xD
      and i knew it's the one! xD
      in the moment i even knew his name! *_* (all the time i searched for him i was wondering about it, i was searching for some good, fitting japanese name... and then it was just like he told me his name is... Matt! :D )
      :D

5. When I first saw Dark Elf Soo she just screamed yes, I knew she was perfect for my one character that is dear to me. When I started knowing what characters to bring to doll form I went looking (Sometimes asking my friend to help) some took a bit others went uh hello. When they start talking I know thats who to bring home.

6. I am still trying to fricken' figure that one out, along with how I got into this hobby and fell in love with it so quickly.

I like elves, and since I had been reading ElfQuest for a while, and I was getting into dolls, I saw the Bobobie Sprite mold, and nothing else would do. It was like all other dolls paled in comparison because *those* were the ones I wanted. Their doe-eyes and awesome ears did it for me. I didn't have a character in mind for them, I didn't even have names until I saw them. And when I saw them, I was floored and I still love them as much as I did before. Lovely and gentle ^^

7. I alway know right away, but sometimes I choose not to act on some 'infatuations', because of monetary restrictions or simply because the doll does not fit in with the rest of the family.
      Sometimes I can be in love for months or longer than a year before eventually bringing the doll home.

8. I need to do a lot of researsh about the doll, I want to see a lot of picture, but I falled in love with the MNF a long time ago and now im ready to order one ^^

9. Love at first site - looking at web sites and ads. It's always the face, but with my boys it was followed by the bodies. Yum!

I need to follow up my fierce adoration with more research, including owners' dolls!

Hugs,

Jan

10. I had a rather strange "Love at first- and second- sight" thing with the Lati Red boys. I saw them the first time and I thought ZOMG- *grabby hands* *dribble* Then I browsed some other sites and thought "well I like these a bit better- and this one and that..." Then I went back to the Lati site (after a particularly vivid dream) and thought "ZOMG- these are the characters I want!!!! *grabby hands* *dribble* " And now I'm waiting on one...XD

11. First Doll: Researched what was out there, the reliability of companies and resin, saw what was available, found a sculpt I liked... found out it was coming out as a limited elf version (Elf El), and I was sold! I love elves!

2nd: When I was looking around for a first doll, I knew I also liked Lishes... when the Elf Lishe was annouced, I had to have one (again, research, sculpt I like, elf ears--something I HAD to have).

3rd: Same thing with Elf Yder... though I thought I'd better cool it with buying every elf version CP was putting out!!!

4th: CP Juri 05 head... OK, couldn't resist the sculpt, and it had elf ears... Last time, though!!!

5th: Was going to save up for a Volks FCS elf... but put in for a One-Off Shiro... I had admired the Shiro from the early days, but had got into BJDs after he was available. Anyway, sort of an original Dream Doll Wish and I got him.

6th: Friend sent me Volks Cyndy as a surprise gift (she was getting out of BJDs). I had mentioned I liked the Cyndy... Another sort of Dream Doll Wish come true!

etc., etc.

12. I fall in love mainly on sight 8D
      My very first girl that Ill be getting soon was an instant "YES!" XD

13. A lot of my unborn dollies just clicked when I saw them. A few of them, though, I saw the sculpt and thought nothing of it, then once I saw it again I realized it worked much better for a new character than the original sculpt. That happened just a bit aho, actually. I changed Oktober from a Euclase to a Homme Duncan. A tan Duncan. I still don't know how that happened.

14. The doll that I have now, and the dolls that I want to get to join him...They've been love at first site. Browsing selections of what's for sale, I caught their images and kind of burst inside. I have to have them. I just have to. <3

15. before I bought Remi, I was actually decided to buy a KDF Bory(the Bory wasn't love at first sight though :sweat). Anyway, so because it took me ages to raise money, *_* I did lots and lots on research also on "what company has what doll" XD so I then decided to buy an Iple Tania...and then a Narae...and then back to a Tania...until I saw DM's Miro and was like :aeyepop: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.
      She just seemed, idk, gentle and fragile, just like a small oriental child. I was determined to buy her until I came back to the Bory because I was afraid she would be just...a phase. But came back to her (again) in the end XD

16. i believe in love at first sight when it comes to dolls.

17. Hum...I've had a bit of both...Rio was a love at first sight case, saw him, ordered him a few days later and haven't ever been happier.
      For Saya...it was different...I had seen tons of Shiwoos around and they never struck me as a must-have doll, but somehow one day I saw another official picture of Shiwoo and he just talked to me and started to develop a personality. I was done for, he was perfect and I needed to buy him.

18. I feel in love at first site with DOD E-an......she haunted me for about a year before I got her. I'd spend hours going to different sites looking for any picture I could find of her.

Now the doll I'm saving up for now, DOD Shall, took alittle time to grow on me but now I'm doing the same thing, looking up all kinds of pictures and getting excited about saving up for her. :)

19. For me, falling in love with bjds is instantaneous; love at first sight. My first, and true love, is my DIM Achenar. As soon as I saw his beautiful face (which is the main thing I am attracted to when looking for dolls to buy) I was like "I MUST have him!" No logic is involved, just brainless, happy love! :fangirl:

20. Well, since I can't do face-ups. I usually fall in love with the sculpt and the face-up itself. The first doll I ever fell for was DollnDoll's Loren. Which is my only doll at the moment. I just loved her face-up on the mold! I thought she was so beautiful, even without her wig! And I just had to have her! And even though, she has her own wig now, and completely different eyes. She still takes my breath away.

For other dolls I've wanted, I've changed my mind plenty of times now. Lol. Expect for the Crobidoll Ys b type I want. He will never change. Lol. See.. Once I got Citlali, a story come to mind.. Almost right away. So now, I want to get the other 5 main characters in the story! Ys is one, who wont change. First I wanted a Luts Lishe.. Who changed. She changed to a FleePle Cali. I think they look quite similar.. But I just seemed to like Cali way more then I did Lishie. She is just so breath taking! The other 3 were going to be from Migidoll.. But that changed as I didn't want to go through face up and buying bodies.. And yeeaah. So! Those all changed to completely different dolls. There is still a chance those will change.. I'm just trying to fit the character the best I can now. Lol.

And yeah! So that's how I fall in love.. And that's how i change my mind. Lol. But you can tell I've fallen the hardest for Loren & Ys.. As they didn't and wont change off mah list! ;D