1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you fall in Love?

Dec 13, 2008

1. The one I am in love with (Little Fee Ante), was immediate. She is gorgeous! My heart actually yearns for her. It actually concerns me a little.

2. The dolls I have right now (and the Lu-Wen I'm saving for ^ ^) were love at first sight! When I first saw both my Yeon-Ho and my Woosoo, I literally "awww'd" at my computer screen. My Lu-Wen was a bit different though; it was more of that he struck me than I loved him. Or so I thought, anyway. I saw him a little less than two years ago when I was just starting to research BJD, and there was something about him that pulled me in. But when I was all ready to buy my first doll, I somehow ended up deciding he "wasn't for me" @.@
      A week ago, I saw him on the Luts site again when I was browsing for clothes, and I realized that he still pulled me in, and that I absolutely adored him ;o; So it was unintentional love at first sight I suppose.
      With two dolls I love, but don't plan to get, it was different XD When I first started the hobby, I wrote off all Volks dolls and never liked any of them. Now I absolutely love them, and I'm head over heels for the School A and F-40 sculpts D: I don't know how it happened; they just sort of grew on me (especially School A ><) Mayhaps I will ask for one of them as a graduation present XDDD

3. Sometimes I see a sculpt and it's almost like I "recognize" them...like I've known them forever. That sense of love and warm familiarity like I just know exactly who they are, what their story is, and that they belong here. All the ones that are here right now (or ordered and on their way) have affected me this way.

4. To BUY, All I have to do is see the sculpt. I think I don't fall in love until I develop a concept for them.

5. How funny! hiritai is responsible for me being here also!! :lol: hehe! I saw her photo on DA of her Migidoll Ryu and Supia Rosy together ('Look at the camera dear') and thought they looked really cool! I remembered having come across BJD's once before, a long time ago, but obviously it didn't click back then.

After looking at some more of hiritai's photos of her dolls, I started to browse the websites she got them from (all the while my husband is telling me "Stop looking at those creepy dolls!" hehe!). Somewhere along the line I ended up on Soom's website and the moment I saw Spinel, it was instant love! :aheartbea:aheartbea I am still madly in love with him, although I have to wait to buy him (he's a bit out of my price range at the moment) :(

With Zi Yuan (who will be home by Tuesday!! :D), it was a more gradual love. I knew I wanted a girl for Spinel, and while I was still trying to tell myself that I wouldn't buy him (Hah!) and that I didn't love him (HAH!!), I found her. I liked her face and thought she kinda looked like the girl I was going for, but I wasn't 100% sure. I knew that this was such a big step, seeing as this hobby is a rather expensive one (well, at least for non-rich newlyweds who are living off one income for the summer due to my seasonal job at a school... hehe :sweat).

What really convinced me to buy her was browsing DoA and then joining here! :) I kept reading more and more about BJDs and I finally knew I couldn't NOT start this hobby (especially since I couldn't stop looking at Spinel! Seriously, I'm like his creepy stalker or something!). Once I start back at work and am getting a regular paycheck again, I will be getting my Spinel :fangirl: *loves him* :D

6. I fell in love with BJDs in general after seeing some pictures of them on DeviantArt, and it was cemented after seeing some in person at Anime Evolution last year. Unfortunately I didn't get to see the BJD panel, due to the convention's poor organizational skills. But I did sit outside in the hallway in what I thought was the line up to see it. :\

I signed up for the forums then and became a hardcore lurker. It wasn't until about early June that I started to really look at BJDs again. I wasn't able to go to AE this year and since that was my 'after I do this I'll go out and look for a job' marker, I decided that I've really wanted a BJD for awhile so I decided - perhaps a bit impulsively - that I would buy myself one. I started to become more active on the forums (I'm a total forum whore. I love them.) and read up a bit before I placed my order for my AoD Rao.

Angel of Dream's photos for her were really pretty and they make really affordable dolls. (Ie, I could have one and still pay the hydro bill XD) Not to mention the gallery photos of various people's Raos. Some of the looks were unique and stunning and that sealed the deal for me. I ordered her from ThinkPink 'cause she was in stock rather than have to deal with the possiblity of waiting up to two months. I should have her by next week sometime, and I only ordered her on the 18th!

There are a bunch of different molds that have caught my eye and I'd really love to own, but since I'm presently job-less that needs to get fixed before I can start saving up. I'd -love- to have a DoD Shall or MiniFee Shushu. Their faces are absolutely stunning. I tend to like female dolls more than male, but a couple of male molds have caught my eye. Not enough that I remember what their makers are, though... probably FairyLand or Dream of Doll. I've been drooling over their website a lot lately.

7. I'd love to have a DoD Shall too! ^^ I think with her I sorta fell kinda hard (she is gorgeous), but it was also somewhat slower to be sure I wanted her. What sealed the deal on me wanting her was one person's owner pics on here. She is GORGEOUS!!! But I don't want to order her until I find the right guy for her (I'm not 100% sure about Lazule yet and I like to have my dolls in pairs, so they don't get lonely, hehe!) that way she won't be a third wheel to Zi Yuan and Spinel for too long...

The problem is, I recently fell for the idea of getting Luts KDF Bory twins! I have their names picked out, their eyes, clothes, hair, everything! I think that was another case of pretty much instant love! I adore the idea of twin dolls and I want two smaller girls. I love Bory's face, so sweet and lovely, so I kinda fell hard for her... now I can't stop thinking about my twins!! :XD:

8. For me its love at first sight:aheartbea
      But there is one mold that has grown on me after a while, Luts El, I didnt think he was special at first, but now I see potential in him :)

But when there is a doll I love at first sight, I do look arround some owner pictures and such before buying the doll :)
      And I definatly wait a while, too see if I still like the doll as much after a few weeks or even months :XD:

9. I find myself seeing potential for greatness in dolls rather than falling head over heels. I'm usually not in love until I complete them and find their perfect for my characters. The exception is my Pipos Alice Jr. I felt like I got hit by a train I knew I had to have her. Strange... I've never had a girl doll, I like 60cm boys and I don't buy limited fullsets because I'll end up changing everything anyway. Not to mention $450+ for 24cm of resin? No! Haha in her case, yes~ Gladly!

10. When I saw Aaryl, it was just like
      "... Oh... My... AGAWD!"
      I littleraly think I stopped breathing for a second. The same goes for a lot of pictures of dolls I've seen here on DOA. There are just some dolls that speak to you.

11. I think it's the expression on the doll's face that grabs me. Usually I see that when they already have a face-up, but it shows me what the doll is capable of.

12. There's two kind of loves for me:

1) Initial love. The wow, they're stunning and I'd like to have them kind of love. But it's usually fleeting and goes away after thinking it over for awhile.

2) Love for the sculpt that lasts. This comes only after seeing lots of owner pictures and owning the doll myself. ^^

13. The only love I trust with dolls anymore is looking at the doll for sale and just feeling in the pit of your stomach that you have to get them. If you're on the fence even a little it won't work. At least not for me.

14. I've fallen in love with dolls in some different ways.

Two of my dolls were head-over-heels in love craziness. The first time I saw a picture of Sooms' CW Kyrie, I knew I had to have her. I bought the Nevermind fullset on the longest layaway Soom has, and the wait was excruciating. She was my first doll, and I adore her and what I've done with her to make her mine. The other crazy in love doll was the Pipos Mad Hatter, who my husband let me get despite my having just ordered a doll a month earlier.

My Soom Kanoa was more of a slow buildup. I wanted to get a boy for Klara and had decided to stick with Soom. I kept thinking I was going to go with a Godo because I thought he would fit better with the Gothic/Punk thing I had originally planed on (ha!) but found myself looking at the Kanoa sculpt more and more. He just seemed so friendly, happy, and comfortable with himself. I was much happier once I admitted that he was the one I wanted.

15. With some of my dolls (the older sculpts) I did a lot of research. Checking owner pics and stuff before I was certain that I would like him/her when he/she got home.

But with my two latest additions, I just saw the company pictures and suddenly felt really happy just looking at them so I decided to order even though there were no previous owner pics of them.

So I suppose falling in love for me is when simply looking at it makes me happy. ^_^

16. Definitely how Photogenic they are...If they take great pictures theyre for me!

17. for me...I am finding it takes a while to fall in love with a sculpt....I have a kinda of love is fleeting problem so I will really like a sculpt for about three days and then kinda move on...which is why I am so lucky that this happened happened with my first BJD because I ordered him right off the bat and I love him more everyday...

But as for my second BJD when I was shopping for him I knew my MO a little better and I have found that while I waver between sculpts a lot it is usually the sculpts that I didn't like at first that are the ones that grow on me....for example...LeekeWorld Michal I thought he was really petulant and I didn't like his look at all when I first saw him but now I look for him I love to see his picture I think he is sooo uniquie and interesting and I REALLY LIKE HIM....the same can be said for the Saint....I didn't like them at first but there is something about his mouth that has just....I AM COMPLETELY HOOKED

And again the boy I decided to get for my second....an Elfdoll Mir....I didn't like his look at all when I frst saw him but again the more I see him the more he grows on me and I am completely in love and can not wait for him to arrive!

18. My dolls [like many people's are ;D] are based off of characters of mine. When I see a face sculpt, I try to look at it and imagine it without a face-up/a different face-up I'd want...if I get a good vibe from it, I browse around looking for owner pics and comments, just to verify the versatility/potential of the sculpt. then I decided where to go from there; on the wishlist it goes, or no, keep looking for a different sculpt for the character. ^-^

I've totally done that, "OMG, PERFECT!!!" thing though when I see a sculpt for the first time that I really, really like. *^^* But I try to restrain myself from impulse-buying, and instead think it over and save, but with limiteds sometimes quick thinking is critical. But as a general rule, I do my research. ^_~ Selling dolls is sort of a bittersweet thing to me, I'd rather not have to do it if I don't have to---so trying to figure out if I truly "love" a doll before I own it is something I really do try and do.

Of course, no matter how hard you've tried, sometimes you can never tell if they're "right" for you until they're home and really yours!! xD;;;

19. My doll obsessions change from time to time, and I always find myself looking at dolls I didn't like before and suddenly finding something I love about them, or finding a doll I used to love and realizing 'on second thought, maybe I don't like them after all'. For example, right now I'm obsessed with luscious lips, teeth, and small/narrow eyes. So that's one way I fall in love- through my random obsessions.
      But that doesn't decide who comes home with me.
      That's different.
      I can get very picky, which is one reason why it took me years before I finally took the plunge and ordered my first doll. With him, it was just instant infatuation. Everything about him just said 'baby, you know you want me'. He created a character without even trying and just would not leave me alone for months.
      That feeling hasn't really happened since.
      At least not as strong, or for as long.
      Because of him, I created more characters to go in his world and searched out molds that suited them best. So I fell in love with the idea of creating them and making them mine.
      Except for my big guy. I bought him without any intention of creating a character and falling in love. He was a practice head. But somehow, spending time with him, getting to know his face and what he was capable of, something clicked and he became my slightly-creepy-but-somehow-super-awesome-big-boy, complete with body, hair, eyes, props and personality.
      I guess in the end, I'm not sure how I fall in love. I have to see something in them that makes me think 'their name is this and they love to do this and dress this way etc'
      So when that happens, I know they've gotta be mine :)

20. I really just search for the doll I iamgined my character looking like

Like my character Luci(fer)....[he prefers to be called Luci] xD. The actual doll on angell studio for Lucifer(ironic same name...it must be fate!) is the PERFECT sculpt for him!