1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. I totally love fantasy hair colors! :) My girls (and soon the boy) have a series of different colored locks; cherry pink, the blue gradated wave from Crobidolls is especially <3, as well as bright white hair. I also own a pastel rainbow wig which looks especially sweet with light violet eyes.

2. I started off wanting fantasy colors for my dolls, but now I'm finding myself changing them over to natural tones. Currently, only one of my dolls has an unnatural hair color.

3. I love looking at dolls with fantasy hair colours! But my own dolls only wear natural :p

4. I like everything (which is really bad for my wallet!).

I have fantasy dolls with fantasy color hair.

I have realistic dolls with realistic color hair.

BUT, you know that in real life people can dye their hair or wear wigs, so it's not as if you can't have fantasy colors in reality! It's all up to what you want and what you like--personal taste! It is ALL good, as far as I'm concerned!

5. I like both fantasy and natural hair colours. I have mostly 'human' dolls with natural hair colours, but three of my dolls are fantasy and have fantasy hair colours. Also, one of my human dolls has orange (not ginger, but Orange Crush orange) hair. I think the hair colour is really dependent on the character and the look I want for that particular character.

6. I own both! There are some days when a guy just feels like wearing lime-green or silver or turquoise hair to match his eyes or his outfit. My fur-wig collection is like a rainbow Tribble colony.

But I also have plenty of natural-colored human characters in the house too. There are many different tastes represented here.

(But even the guys who have natural-colored hair, many of them have fantasy-colored eyeballs! Red, gold, silver, purple, neon green. Many guys in the collection never come too close to earth. ^^)

7. I find myself drawn to wigs that have multi-colored strands, maybe two or three tints, blended together or highlights that blend into the base color. If it's solid, brightly colored and fur--I will stay away, I prefer natural color fur wigs. :)

8. I like and have both fantasy and natural colored wigs for the resins who live here. It's always fun to have "options" for them to wear or so I tell myself the wallet sadly thinks otherwise...

9. I love fantasy hair colors, but I think only certain dolls can pull them off. I feel like only certain dolls should carry fantasy colors and can do so naturally, others...meh not so much.

10. Both, but I prefer fantasy. I used to dye my own hair fantasy colors when I was younger, but can't do that anymore because of my jobs. I miss it. I guess you could think of it as "living vicariously through my dolls." :sweat

11. Me too, couldn't have said it better, only lately I have been streaking my hair with colors again. I work for myself now. I can do that again finally though I've gotten some weird looks from people given I am not 20 anymore, lol. I guess I'm supposed to be all grown up now. :P

12. Practically all of my dolls have fantasy colored hair. Most came with natural color wigs but I purchased fantasy color wigs for almost all of them. On another note, I prefer mohair or angora to synthetics so more often than not I never use the synthetic wigs that come with a given doll. The exception is my lovely Angel Egg Umi who has her original hand braided wig by Marmite Sue. it is too pretty to replace.

13. YES. Pink, blue, green, sparkles, gravity-defying -- that's all great to me. PS. Really need to find some short haired wigs for my boy. Something not so feminine, like gelled up hair (think Dragonball chara's hair.) huehuehue.

14. Most of my dolls are in a more natural colored wig, however I plan to get a custom turquoise wig for one of my boys. I think both types have the potential to look equally nice ^_^

15. Well, I've had my hair every color, every mix and match of colors etc. too, so I have no issue with colorful dolly hair!

16. I love both natural and fantasy. well, i'm into cosplay myself so it's absolutely normal for me to see some colorful & weird wigs. XD

17. My dolls have naturally grey (like Kaworu from Evangelion or Muraki from Yami no Matsuei), blue and pink hair colors. And matching eyes, for the most part.

18. I like both but only fantasy if it works for the doll. My Yeon-Bee will be a fantasy doll but if it doesn't look good on her then I will switch her back to natural color.

19. It's hard for me to photograph fantasy color hair but I've seen a lot of people with fantastic vibrant colors on their dolls! I wish I could make them look great through my lens. :D

20. I remember when my brother got a light-wooden-colored electric guitar thinking "man, if you have the opportunity to buy it in some crazy color, you should do it!" but now with my little girl I find myself keeping her in light blonde wigs even though I do like unnatural colors a lot for hair. I think it depends on the look I'm going for with a doll, so hers is more "angelic" in the light natural colors but I'd love to have a doll with maybe blue or lavender (or mixed!) hair.