1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. You can find wigs that are a mix of nature and fantasy, these wigs normal have normal hair on to and the fantasy colored hair underneath.

2. I think it depends on the outfit! One of the things that draws me to BJDs is how easy it is to change so much of their look in less than 10 minutes. So if I have an outfit with lots of earth tones, I would would a natural hair color. But if I had a sweet Lolita style outfit, I would DEFINITELY want a pink or blue wig.

3. I think it depends on the doll, the character and the story. Some of the fantasy colored dolls with unusually colored wigs look amazing. I only have a couple of fantasy colored wigs for my crew and none have really stuck, they seem to like more natural colors. I'd like a light pink or blue Rococo style wig, I think...

4. For me, it depends on the doll. For my off topics and just about all of my planned dolls I lean towards natural colors unless I find something really cute for sale somewhere. The character for the doll I have now is into "alternative" fashion and the body mod scene, so his blue hair suits him well.

5. I like both.
      My Minifee and Pukifee are getting blue and purple wigs, whereas my Fairyline60 has blonde. I think it depends on the character. I love how my tan Ante Minifee has light blue hair. Makes it really stand out :)

6. I like both. I'd want to get a really nice natural color wig and a more fantasy wig in a more "fun" color, just so I can change up the style.

7. I like both. It kind of depends on the doll for me. Some dolls look great in fantasy colors, some it doesn't quite work for me. I have natural colored wigs so far.

8. When I was younger fantasy coloured hair was my favourite type! Now my dolls have kind of matured with me and I have swapped their old wigs for something more natural. But If it creates a really cool colour scheme I am interested :D

9. I originally thought I was only going to like normal hair colors - blondes, browns, etc. But then I tried a pink wig on my girl and she was so cute! :3nodding:
      I was quite surprised.

Now I'm thinking of buying my own pink/fantasy colored wigs....

I think some dolls can pull it off no problem, but im not a fan of the overly pastel colors, especially if their clothes are ALSO those colors.

10. I am all for unnatural colors for doll hair! I love fun pastel colors though, admitted i tend to go with more natural colors because they fit the character better xD

11. i love fantasy haircolor all for pink and purple an offcourse natural colors to!

12. I personally really like fantasy colors, especially white, which seems so prevalent among BJDs (which is great for me!) White specifically has always been a symbol of mysteriousness and/or magic. Outside that some bright reds and purples would look great, but more often than not outside of those I feel I would prefer natural colors in most situations unless the character specifically would call for it. Though I have a feeling I might eventually have a ton of dolls with white, I have a really odd fascination with white hair, not sure why, and it's definitely not an age thing.

13. One of the appeals of dolls for me is that they can have bright colours which would be impossible for a real person to achieve. (Or almost impossible, anyway.) For the character I'm working on, natural colours make the most sense, but I'll probably get some fantasy colours as well.

14. I like both! I think some dolls look better with fantasy colors than others but the two I own are very flexible. Currently both have blonde wigs on but I have a pink one I feel looks just as cute on the MSD. I would like a few newer pinks or purple wigs for an upcoming doll so I’m starting to scout those out too. It’s fun to have a variety to choose from.

Tho looking at my dolls currently even their blonde wigs are rather fantastical because of the sheer length and volume lol

15. I like fantasy or a mix of both but it may depend on the dolls faceup. My doll has hair instead blonde, turquoise, and a little bit of red but if you see her faceup, she has a fantasy like face up with a mix of colors to match. So I guess it just depends.

16. I love natural colours!:whee:

17. I love fantasy hair colors I definitely prefer them but sometimes I do like natural hair colors once in a while.

18. I love colored hair very much. They immediately make the doll more spectacular. Of course, if it's appropriate!

19. I usually prefer natural colours but I love dark navy blue hair and dark pink hair on dolls!

20. It is a lot harder to match clothing for the hair because everything is so colorful! I personally like to stick to the normal hair colors and the grayscale.