1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. Every doll I owns has red hair or black hair lol

2. I love both natural and fantasy colors! I'm always looking at blue, green and purple wigs when I'm shopping, the problem is to find one in a style I like. I currently own only two wigs, one blonde and one white, but I'm always on the lookout for new ones.

3. Hm, I never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it all of my dolls have a more natural colored hair, I've never even thought about getting a crazy color. One of my dolls has sort of a dark greyish color but I guess that's still on the more natural side.

4. I like both, but my girl's favorite wig is a long green one.

5. I tend to stick to more natural colors for most of my crew, but there are a few dolls here with white hair. I also have one with a long, multihued blue wig (Kaedae), one with a navy/black mix (Yeru), one with a blue/grey/silver JPop blend called "Ink" (Rone), and several with wine red.

6. i think both of them are adorable. which one to your doll depends on what kinda of feeling i want my doll be. if i want him looks like normal human real like, i would prefer natural color style, and if im gonna try something new and fantastic, i would chose the fantastic wig~
      both of them looks beautiful, once i saw a rainbow color wig, n thats really awesome!

7. I love the doll whose hair color fantasy. For example, I have a guy with a cherry hair color)) and plan to have two of the dolls colorful wigs.
      It all depends on the owner, on his desire and perception in general))

8. Most of the time I prefer natural hair colors, but when it comes to fantasy/elfish dolls I always go 'crazy' colors!

9. I like both but it depends on the doll what color I prefer for them. Most of my dolls have natural wigs for everyday use (and most are blonde), though I also like white for a couple as well as green or orange. I'd kill to find a teal wig for my Dahlia. I don't like pink as much for my dolls, though, I try it but I don't often care for it.

10. Uh,i think its so neat.Some colors are just plain ugly though,in my opinion. But it depends on the dolls face up,and mold.It's really fun to experiment with.
      Personally though most my characters/dolls have natural appearances.

11. I like both natural and fantasy hair colors for my dolls. Although a shocking amount of them are blonde :). I love pink, purple and blue hair as well. I have three green Leekeworld wigs coming in too. I hope I love them as well.

12. I really like fantasy colors, as well as natural. Two of my girls have unnatural hair colors, and I really like them on other peoples dolls too.

13. I think it really depends on the doll and what I am going for, so I guess you would say I like both. I base my dolls off of characters I have created, so if the character is from a fantasy world and has fantasy color hair, then the doll that I am creating to fit that character will have it also, but if the character is in a more realistic based story and has natural hair then it will have natural hair... I hope this makes since I kinda just babbled on XD

14. All of my dolls have blond or black hair. Fantasy color can be very pretty, though~! ^^

15. I like the idea of fantasy colours for sure - they're so pretty. But all of my dolls have natural hair. I think I just haven't developed a character where having fantasy coloured hair would work on them. But like others have said, fantasy colours are super pretty.

16. I love everything. Makes it hard to get around to lasting decisions. But I guess my dolls can take it. I did. I've had white, every shade of red and several kinds of blonde to meek brown, natural white/gray streaks grown out in the front,,,one inch long all the way down to sitting on it length...So far none of my dolls have what I would call their "real" hair. Oh yeah, I've also had bald from chemo! ANd the yucky fuzz when the last of it is falling out. I don't recommend any wigs like that. But I didn't mind bald as long as I didn't have to wear a wig on it, and I like my dolls bald too. Guess maybe I'm not much help on this question? hah

17. I dont know... i like natural colors cos my favorite BJD are actually realistic ones, but if i had like a thematic doll i wont have any problem with a fantasy hair color, i mean in a realistic one no. In a thematic one yeah, maybe :)

18. I have both white and dark blue. The latter was more based after the character so I don't get much of chance to use the white wig. I guess it just depends on the combination of clothes and eye colour etc.

19. I like them both equally. I think which to use would depend on the doll's personality really. Some characters just don't mesh with fantasy colours, and vice versa.

20. I like both. I have always wanted long silver white hair and I suppose that is why three of my boys have it. The others have more natural colours like black, brown and blonde. I do want to get a bright copper wig similar to my own hair for my next doll though. I also like purple and blue hair but it would not suit my dolls or their characters.