1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. Love, love and love. I dye my own hair too.

2. I prefer both,, but unnatural hair colors more! Because I like so many colors and I want my dolls to have these colors.

3. I like fantasy colors so much, especially rainbow!

4. I love colorful wigs, especially those with bright and loud colors as they often helped to create a very impressive and expressive look at the same time...and gradient coloring is another favorite of mine.

5. While I mostly have natural hair colors, i do have some fantasy ones & they work perfectly for several looks.

6. I like both, although I think I lean more towards the fantasy colours. I ordered my first doll recently and his wig is blonde but with pink tips, and the next two dolls I plan to buy are his older brother (who will have the same hair colour, blonde and pink) and then an unrelated doll whose hair will be a dark green.

7. I love all colors, but fantasy ones a bit more. My first doll (whenever she arrives) is going to have either white or blue hair. I wish I could have a chameleon-like ability to change my hair color at will. I used to dye my hair, but I had to stop, because it caused quite a lot of damage... So I'm going to have my dolls wear all the colors I can't!

8. I love fantasy hair colors on other peoples dolls, but all of my dolls had natural hair colors. Or something like an ombre, and they went from like light blonde to a light pink. I don't really like my dolls to have rainbow hair, but I love how other people style their dolls!

9. Many of my dolls don't even have natural skin colour...
      I love multicoloured wigs and rainbow hair...

10. I almost exclusively put fantasy hair on my dolls, likely because I have fantasy dyed hair myself so it seems normal to me lol.

11. I wonder if a color counts as fantasy hair if it's a natural color for the animal the doll is meant to be? Because my boy is a nice blue-grey and white due to him being modeled on a platinum color morph red fox. Huh...

I don't really have a preference so long as the color suits the character. It's been such a hassle looking for a nice salmon pink wig for a future doll, though. I might have to resort to making it myself soon haha.

12. Sometimes I like purple and lilac hair colors, but I just can’t decide to make such a wig for my dolls ... my dolls are all with natural hair color, nothing special :roll:

13. I think it depends on the doll, bright fantasy hair colours tend to work on anime style dolls (like Dollfie Dreams) better than dolls of other styles.

For most typical BJDs pastel fantasy colours tend to work better than the brighter ones, but I still personally stick to non-fantasy colours, bar grey and silver I suppose.

14. I like both. It depends on the doll and the personality you want to create for them.

15. I like both as well. I think it depends on the clothes and the picture you would like to take. Sometimes a change is good. If you can find a matching outfit and the fantasy hair would look just great!

16. I'd like to see more dolls with the Mystica rainbow wig,it's so pretty.

17. My first doll embodies book character, and he has black hair. I haven't even thought about how I need wig diversity before I ordered second doll. But when I did it, I have imagine that she is fairy which can change her look :) Now she haven't even come, but I have six wigs of fantasy colours for her.
      So - depends on character. All my dolls that now are on the way are fairies, so they wouldn't have natural coloured hair. Fantasy wigs would be just a part of their images.
      But I have plans for other dolls and I think they would have natural hair :)

18. I like both natural and unnatural hair colors. Certain characters you may create would like to often dye their hair different colors or they are a fantasy race which have fantasy hair colors by default. Though tbh I would probably collect so many different colors of wigs I wouldn't know what do with all of them. :sweat

19. I have a distinct preference for natural colors. So many fantasy colored wigs involve pink, and I'm just not a pink gal. I think I'll eventually get a green/blue/purple mix wig for Alara, after I find/make my grail red wig...

20. It depends on the doll really. About half of Chaeri's (extremely numerous) wigs are some variation of pink; the rest are a literal rainbow of colors from pure white to ink black and every conceivable color in between--except orange. Orange hair doesn't suit her. She has a few "normal" colors, mostly some variation of brown, but the wild colors dominate. And, of course, pink.