1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. Fantasy hair colors are a huge yes for me. I'm especially fond of mint green, lavender, lilac, as well as soft pinks.

2. They're fine in my book! However, in the canon of most of my characters- only one has naturally fantasy hair(Theo, phoenix); everyone else either dyes their hair(Tay, raver) or wears wigs(Dove, pastel decora), huehue- But I do have my few characters who have hair that's considered to be on the natural spectrum(Cypress, brunette; Eugene, red head)

3. I always liked a natural look more but then I saw tan dolls with pink wigs and wow that looks awesome :lol:

4. I love both. It really depends on my doll's character. I mean... my hair is purple atm... lol I have several dolls that have fantasy colors and several that have natural. But then I have some that have natural with streaks of colors. And I love them all!

5. Both-who could possibly choose!! It depends on the doll, set-up, and my mood. It's so easy to change and sometimes you give a doll something really out there and it's perfect and vice-versa. Wish I had hundreds to play with!

6. I've seen so many amazing dolls with natural and fantasy hair colors. I prefer characters to have some continuity though such as fantasy hair colors reflecting the clothing which is also more fantasy like and more realistic dolls having natural hair colors. But sometimes it's fun to switch it up.

7. I making my boy's wig, and it's light gray, but with a very pale lilac glow. I can't saw it, when I order the hair, but I like it very much. So yes I like fantasy colours, but I like normal colours too.

8. For my oc's, I would prefer more natural colors, but if I'm getting a doll that's not based on them then I think I'd love bright colors like pink and green! Along with color gradients too, but I think rainbow would be a bit much.

9. i love all hair colours! i think it completely depends on what youre going for but at the end of the day it’s your doll and your choice!

10. All hair colours are great! But whether it's natural or fantasy colours will depend on the doll itself and how I see it evolving.

11. I love both! I can't choose! But fantasy colors are beautiful on a right character. I'm thinking of getting bright orange wig for my Poulpy, but I like what she has now too.

12. I love fantasy colors! One of my boys is wearing a lilac, pastel purple wig. For me, natural or fantasy colors depend on the particular character.

13. I like both. I own more dolls with natural colored hair and only two with fantasy colors.

14. I love both natural and fantasy colors. At the moment all my dolls are wearing wigs of more or less natural colors, but I had a boy with mint green hair, and I loved it so much, I think I may have a doll with that hair color again.

15. I like both types. Changing the wigs really affects the doll's look, sometimes it's hard to tell that two dolls are the same sculpt!

16. I think I’m drawn to brighter fantasy colors. Whenever I’m wig shopping I’m always taken in by the beautiful pastel colors. I’m really partial to blue for some reason. I have a character I’m trying to shell that has sea foam green hair and I just can’t find the right wig for him. I think natural colors are lovely too so I’ll be looking to get a doll whose character would have natural hair eventually but I’m kind of on doll buying hiatus until next year.

17. I love fantasicly colored wigs, I'm hoping to find a pink wig for my one girl, but Hypatia will most likely were a brown of black wig

18. I LOOOOVE fantasy hair :D:D I think it (and fantasy skin colours) make for such interesting characters. :D

19. I like both, but I guess I would go for natural hair colors.

20. I would own way more fantasy wigs if the color range for them was just more widely available the way it is with natural colors. There's just not enough variety to justify to myself getting too many.