1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. I find fantasy color epic. I had my hair dyed purple and I felt so magical that I knew I wanted my dolls all to have "crazy hair" or fantasy colored hair. In their concept designs, they all look like the Power Rangers of hair dyes

2. I love fantasy hair colors, on humans and dolls alike! :XD:
      Though my only doll at the moment is definetly prefers more natural hair, I think crazy colors suit any doll :)

3. Honestly think it depends on what kind of works you see your dolls set in as to whether far out colour schemes work, but my current fave is a white/blue wig for Lumina :)

4. One of my characters, who is human, will have pink hair and another will have teal. Only because they “dyed” it. It’s not intended as their “natural” hair color though. Overall, I prefer natural colors, but I’ve seen gorgeous colored wigs!

5. For me, it depends on the features of the characters for my dolls. I will choose the fantasy hair colors for those dolls who have special type of bodys. Besides, deep color can always give me inspiration of dolls. I think as long as it is suitable for them is the best.

6. I love fantasy colours. I'm not a "girly-girl" but I love the idea of pink hair. One of my dolls I got second hand with a pink wig and I'm hoping to pick up another for a larger doll. For a doll I'm waiting on I can't decide - I kind of like her in a neutral white, but I also like those wool 'dreads' in mixed colours.

7. I usually prefer dolls with more natural-ish hair colors. I say "natural-ish" because I have dolls with white, pale blonde, and grey hair. But those do sometimes occur naturally, so... They count, ish? Haha

8. I like both for different characters. I'm partial to purple and yet I don't have any doll with purple yet. I mostly have blond for their characters, but I think red/gingers will be my go to. I have cute pink wigs that were given to my dolls and I've been using those. I think it's my wild side that loves colors.

9. I grew up watching anime and dyed my hair weird colors in high school, so I am 100% for it. :D

That being said, I do have a lot of dolls with normal hair colors right now because it fits their character better, or because it matches the pre-existing oc I based the doll on.:sweat

10. I love fantasy hair color on certain doll skin tones and sculpts. Some of them just contrast to much and look unappealing on some sculpts or skintones.

11. Fantasy Colors! I try really hard for the greater lot of them to have out of this world hair! However, I do have a lean toward giving my dolls white hair. I've got a few girls with it already. So I am trying to include more colors beside grey, white, and black....

12. I love fantasy colors! But I also like natural colors, it all depends on what suits the character/sculpt. So far I only have fantasy colors on my dolls though:XD:.

13. I prefer fantasy colors. All natural colors on a group of dolls (or people for that matter) is just so boring to me.
      I have a couple of girls with natural colors, but I definitely heavily lean into getting all different colors of the rainbow for most of them.

14. I like fantasy colors, especially white and silver on young characters. That said, my dolls all have black, blond, or brown...

15. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM LOVE THEM theyre so fun and i dye my hair a lot too and i just love fun hair colors! makes me feel happy to look at them

16. I thought I’d take a look back at what I wrote here 9 long years ago…and what do you know? I’ve actually stuck to that sentiment for all this time. 90% of my dolls are still wearing fantasy colored wigs!:thumbup

17. I prefer natural hair, but I like fantasy hair as long as it isn’t too garish of a color. Maybe it’s because I constantly dye my hair, but I don’t feel the need to indulge in fantasy colors for my dolls.

18. I like both! Of my dolls, about half have fantasy hair colors - two purple, one light blue. For one, it's his natural hair color, for another it's dye, and for the third it's just straight up a wig. Of the natural hair ones there's a redhead, a light blonde (who might need to go paler but she's got what she's got), and when Zeri comes in, she'll have black hair. (I've got the bags of bluefaced leicester locks ready to go... some day.)

I do love seeing all the colors available. But for now, Beryl, the one who is "canonically" wearing a wig, can be the recipient of random fantasy hair desires.

19. I love both of them . If I want to create a fantasy character , I will give to her a fantasy style so a fantasy wig . But if I want a natural character , I will give to her a natural wig .

20. I like fantasy colors, from my 8 dolls 6 wear fantasy colors.

#680 Kunoichi Ribeiro, May 21, 2022
      Last edited: May 21, 2022