1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about fantasy hair colors?

Apr 25, 2013

1. I don't really like fantasy hair colors unless there's a specific reason the hair is that color, like if the species of the character has hair a certain color, or if the character's hair is dyed. The only doll I plan to have with unusually colored hair dyes it all the time.

2. For me it really depends on the doll, though I tend to lean towards fantasy colors more often. The colors are just so much fun!

3. I do have some dolls with fantasy hair colors. I'm for the most part starting to get out of that though. My tastes have changed to more natural colours since I started in the hobby five years ago.

4. I don't have anything against fantasy hair colors but... all of my current dolls have normal colored hair. ._.; Janne has half brown/half blonde and my brown skinned Claus Ashera has light blonde hair but that's as wild as my boys are for the time being. xD; (Until Mithra comes home. He has naturally pink hair.)

5. I love fantasy colors, and if a character can get away with wearing an unusual hair color, you can bet they will! Having quirky characters allows me to have all the fun I want...like a Chobit original character (based very loosely on the manga by clamp.) I figure hey, she's actually a computer so she can wear any hair color she wants...she has a whole collection of fantasy colored wigs to match her outfits.:)

6. I like more natural colors for my dolls (Which is ironic considering I have my hair dye in turquoise). I just don't think a fantasy color would match my doll's character, but for other dolls I think it match very well.

7. Depends a bit what the doll has gotten going for it. But as a person I absolutely love strong and vibrant colours, and wigs are no exception!

For my own dolls I have both. My honeydelf got a hot-pink wig, my msd got an aquablue one and my migidoll jina is getting a red one, though that one got a pretty authentic "gingercarrot" thing going on. My other dolls are rocking natural mousybrown and black. The wig is so important for the overall look. Sometimes I see such beautiful dolls but they got so boring wigs! They don't need to be some screaming green colour, but at the moment I'm having a thing for really bushy/curly mohairwigs xD

In short: I love colours, but the natural look is also quite cool if done right :3

8. I LOVE fantasy hair colors! When I got my KDF I almost bought a white wig but instead I bought a brown one. The brown wig fit her character more but I would love to get a white wig for one of my other dolls.

9. Why call it a fantasy hair color? Have you never heard of hair dye. I used to have midnight blue hair... that didn't make me a fantasy character. I don't see the problem with any wig color.

10. I like having the option for different colors. My two have normal hair coloring right now but I was thinking of changing them.

11. I don't care either way. I usually put a wig on the doll and I figure it out from there. I don't want to say it speaks to me, but when I put the first wig on I can usually figure out the color and length I like on the doll.

12. I prefer the natural colors but do not have anything against the other colors if the owner likes them.

13. I like both and I think for the SD sizes, I tend to go fantasy with everything, not just the wig, so that may be why. The smaller dolls, I always seem to go natural for some reason. Here is a pic of my SD Dragon Doll with her fantasy color wig, and it offsets her eye color so well, I love it!!

[​IMG]

14. at first all i wanted was natural hair colors, but then i got a pink wig as a thank you freebie in a doll i bought. wow i was in love! now i have all the fantasy colors on my dolls instead. so you never know~!

15. No preference. I will buy a wig in any colour or colour combo if I think it will look good on my doll. Anything goes!

16. Fantasy colors are my favorite, especially mixed colors! I actually don't like giving my dolls natural hair colors as I get bored with them easily.

17. Depends on the doll but I have to say that I love myself some crazy fantasy hair colors! I have dolls with pink, blue, green, purple and all sorts of other-colored hair already and I absolutely love them! Same can be said for all my other dolls with regular hair colors, of course, I just like my crew to be varied so I can do all sorts of crazy things with them!

18. I prefer natural colours for my own dolls but I also prefer more realistic dolls. If I were to have fantasy themed dolls I would probably love fantasy coloured wigs. I do have a Peakswood Blue Bride with a blue wig because thats what came with her, it suited her so I haven't felt the need to change it. I think every doll is different :)

19. It would all depend on the character, and also of the world they are in. For example I have a character that has white hair, but it's common among his people. He's yet to have a BJD mold yet, but I'm still searching. :P

20. It depends on the doll. Of my whole brood, only one seems to want a fantasy coloured wig and she prefers pink. Everyone else just looks better with more natural colours. I did order a fantasy coloured wig to go with my new doll, so we'll see if she likes it or if my other girl ends up inheriting it!