1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. I see, things are quite more complicated. Perhaps you could keep just the outfits (even if it meant parting the fullsets). If you love them so much then the financial loss when reselling the dolls without these clothes would not hurt you as you'd get to keep what you love most. It's hard to tell for me, because, practically, I never had a single fullset in my life. But I once had a doll that came with shoes, wig and clothes. I only loved the wig (which also was a perfect fit for her non-standard sized head) and so I kept it when rehoming her.

Also, you can 'quarantine' the dolls/items - packed in their boxes. Even for a year, so as to feel less attached and perhaps find something more to your taste now that could replace them meanwhile?

2. I feel so *missing* I don't know how to describe it but I think my crew NEEDS new members and I still can't choose a new doll to buy or which one will fit etc. but I think in time my crew will be completed I just need time :D

3. I am thinking about a pretty massive downsizing. My whole collection is characters from a novel I haven't worked on in years since it was a collaboration project and me and the friend whose shared universe it was have since lost touch. I kinda hate selling dolls cause it's so much work and it's always at a loss but I think it would be nice for them to have new homes where someone else will appreciate them. I hardly do anything with any of them, even look at them, and I can easily pick out which two I do want to keep so it seems like it's a good plan.

4. I am proud of my collection, since I have invested a lot of money into it. However, I am looking to add a bunch of more members, so I am waiting patiently to have the money to do so!!

5. Well my collection felt pretty complete until like two days ago when I decided it would be a good idea to find a sculpt for one of my non-doll characters. Well find a sculpt I did and now I want that sculpt. Unfortunately for me, she also is kinda part of a set so I also had to find a sculpt for him. :doh
      So yeah, now my collection feels very incomplete :abambi:
      Here’s to hoping I can get away with floating heads! :lol:

6. I feel like I’m collecting too many. I have 20+ bjds and I know I might need to get rid of some due to lack of space, but I love them sooo much!! Each one of them !!!

7. At this current time, overwhelmed and lost, but that's probably in part due to the fact that I have a lot of various collections I am trying to pare down. So I'm trying to take it slow and not add anybody new when I figure out what I want to do.

8. I feel like my collection is getting bigger and bigger but I’m ok with it what I would like to happen is that I’ll get a display case for them so they can be out of harms way and I need a spot to put all those boxes

9. At the moment? I feel like I have a lot I want done with them, but that I don't have the knowledge or confidence to be the one to DO those things.

I have a lot of dolls that need sueding, blushing, and other modifications done to them? It's kinda intimidating, and I KNOW it's going to be really expensive, but I still wanna do it? I want to finish the dolls I have really badly!

10. I just started my collection last month and already have a 4 full dolls. 3 msds I bought 2nd hand and one SD I bought new from Denver Dolls. He was in stock and shipped immediately. So I guess I'm lucky I haven't had to wait yet. But I'm sure I'll be learning patience the first time I order a new doll on a pre-order!

11. I think I'm very happy as of right this moment! :XD:

I own one 72 cm boy (his body is still on the way, but his head is here!), two full MSDs (plus one MSD size floating head), and three YOSDs (but two of them are still shipping). In total that's six dolls in various stages of at-home-or-not and levels of completeness. I just sold my only ~60cm SD because I'm really starting to find what I love in a doll (MSD or smaller; the 72cm boy is a shelled character that I might downsize). I own three dolls that are OCs and three that aren't, so I'd love some more OCs that I could play with. I've downsized my wishlist by a lot, but I still want a bigger collection if I can make the space!

12. A year ago I sold a large part of my collection. I currently have four at home, but this month I bought another four and I am soooo excited:D I can say that at the moment I am happy with my dolls, I hope that the dolls that are to come fit perfectly in my collection :roll:

13. I feel like I went a bit crazy and I'm still having that shopping high. I'm trying hard to not get enticed by new dolls that come out and usually that works out ok with new company releases. But sometimes, as I dig through secondhand market for clothing/accessories and other things, I come across secondhand dolls that makes it even harder to say no to!

Currently I'm in a dilemma about what to do with my brown luts bory, do I want to get a light tan bory or a new terra cotta bory...? What am I gonna do with my brown one if I do get another kdf bory...? Do I get a body for Ryou or try to sell off the head because I already feel a bit too much with 5 full dolls and a floating head???? Am I really bonding with Tenka or does he desperately need new faceup / need to go to someone else? So many questions lol.

Also my collection of doll items is very much out of hand and I should probably make more selling posts / go to other facebook / instagram to try to sell things but I've just been procrastinating lol.

14. I only have a BJD so far, waiting for a Dollfie Dream to come home. I definitely feel comfortable with my collection, I only want one more doll to shell a character of mine but I haven’t found a sculpt that looks like him yet. Even if I don’t find it and never shell him I’d probably be okay with it, I prefer having less dolls but hoarding clothes for them :P I would never have over 4 or 5 dolls I think, seeing other doll collections I have.

15. I'm in a very "hurry up and wait" mood with my collection. It's weird and frustrating; I feel like I'm in limbo. I'm almost done paying off the preorder for one doll, waiting for two more to ship to me, and several in my possession have been waiting for faceups for about a year and I've wanted to send them out, but with the pandemic raging worse than ever where I am I'm not comfortable mailing them out to an artist. I feel particularly bad about one doll in particular because her faceup is damaged and I feel very meh about her because of it, but I haven't been able to fix it yet.

16. Right now, I'm just waiting for them to arrive. I have three ordered, and I don't want to order any more for at least another 6-8 months - I will be busy with making sure they're well outfitted, have their faceups in order, and that I have the exact right wig & eye combinations. I had a specific idea for this group of girls, so I want to get to know them and see if the dolls themselves reflect my plans for their characters.

17. I feel like my collection is not complete but my apartment is telling me to stop so I’m not swimming in an ocean of dolls LOL

18. Totally hear you with the “waiting for face ups” comment lol

19. My collection is very small at the moment. I had a ten year gap in the hobby, and my first doll is in storage very far away from where I live now. I miss her a lot, I buy her little accessories and apparel that I hope to dress her with once we can be reunited. My third doll is a pre-order so it'll be a while. I'm keeping myself busy by working on a room box idea for the three, but mostly for the middle doll, my Cygne witch.

20. At the time of writing this, I've redone Tacet (Aura's) character, and reshelled her, and I've sold Balik. I'm less jumbled. I know which characters I still want.from the date I wrote this post onward, I can't quite actually count the number of dolls I've bought or sold. things are different around here.