1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. I feel weird about it. I have a bad habit of putting doll funds directly into new dolls instead of actually working on the ones I have, so I need to shift my priorities around a bit. Virtually everyone needs something, be it a new face-up, a wig, more fitting clothes, shoes, etc. I have two incoming dolls that I'm hyped for, but they will also need basic things like clothes xD

Beyond that, there are a couple who might be sold if they're still not working for me after I put more effort into them. There are a couple of dolls I want very badly that only occasionally make marketplace appearances, so I need to make sure I have funds available for whenever one pops up in decent condition.

2. Frustrated with myself about it, I keep buying heads, then I buy those heads clothes and wigs, but those heads have no bodies to put the clothes on lol I currently have 6 Minifee heads and 7 MDD heads that need bodies. I have issues lol.

3. I’m currently at a good monetary standstill to say that I’m really happy with my collection! I’m very proud to own every piece of resin I have and that’s never happened before!

There are things that I would like to do in the future. I have several dolls who have faceups I’m not particularly fond of, and one is blank! I need a body for my floating head, and a wig. Some shorts would be nice since it’s summer time and most only have pants. I would really like to learn how to do faceups! I’m not sure if I can tackle that this year or if I’ll have to wait, but none of my hurdles are meant to be hurried! :celebrate

4. Incomplete maybe? At the moment I am changing most of my characters. I was inactive with the hobby quite a few years, so I did not bond with most of dolls anymore. I have few heads I know I am not going to buy a body for, so they have to go. I already sold my tiny animal/pet dolls last year. Now I am slowly planning to buy more dolls and clothes/accessories fitting to my new story. In a way I am happy to change, but it is also kinda stressful - I think I need to start decluttering clothes and other stuff, which won't fit my story anymore. *_*

5. Flash forward to two years later!!

My collection now brings me great joy!! Though I am starting to get nervous, because I am starting to run out of space in my doll closet for everyone :sweat

6. Overwhelmed. I need to downsize hardcore. But it’s hard to do so because I’m attached in some form of fashion. I’m beginning to compromise by finding similar sculpts in smaller sizes. (Like just last night I reshelled two of my 79cm dolls into a tiny and a yo! lol and thankfully they were both dolls I already owned. Though one is still in feeler mode.)

life is so busy and I rarely play with them so I most certainly need to down size for sure. So I’m gonna try and do that in the next few months. Hopefully I can par down to the most loved dolls.

7. For me I definitely want get into MSD sized dolls. I have been so focused on 1/8ths and get jealous of how many clothing options there are for bigger dolls as someone who can't sew! I also am getting into anime style dolls but my big concern is doing a faceup since the style I like can be difficult to pull off, especially when you don't have an airbrush.

8. I currently only have one full doll and a head, but I love them both a lot! <3

9. i feel wierd. i have 3 floating heads, one doll who needs full body blushing and a faceup, one doll who needs horns painted, and SO MANY CLOTHES TO SEW. I could probably be kept busy for the next 6 months, between finishing dolls and getting bodies and clothes for the heads and finishing those. BUT I WANT MORE!

10. I feel weird too. I have lots of dolls with different size, I do love them all.
      I never sold any of my dolls, except the one from a Chinese BJD company, which I cannot love her even she has been there for 5 months, so I sold her. Other than that girl, I keep all my other dolls with me.
      There are still a few dolls I am looking for on my list, just a non-stop hobby! lol

11. Right now at this time in my life I feel happy with my resin army, I've been in the hobby a very long while now. (Since 2008)
      My dolls make me happy, many of them are modeled to be RP characters and O.C.s of mine. (Not all mind you I have some made to be characters from various media, or just random oh I love your look I need yous in there too)
      So that's where I am today with my dolls happy and grateful for them.

12. My doll collection will not be complete until I get my hands on some dolls from Dream of Doll, especially Ducan, and a Loongsoul doll that I thought about too long and missed. But occasionally I wonder what I'm doing because none of my dolls have shoes yet because I hate shoe shopping. (I've only been putting it off for 4 years).

13. i think weird is a good way to put it? i'm in the weird boat of still being somewhat sentimental and attached to the dolls i have but not really enjoying them the way i used to because my tastes have changed so much over the years? i'm hoping i'll be able to shell one of my characters at some point and breathe some life into my collection ^^

14. I feel refreshed and happy with the direction my collection is going in. I just purged a ton of dolls and heads from my collection over the last 3 months, some because of unexpected financial needs, some to fund the purchase of other dolls I’d like better, and then some just to new homes where I thought they’d be more appreciated. Also, no longer having the weight of 30+ floating heads bearing down on me has felt fantastic. I’ve whittled it down to a very manageable two, and I plan to get them bodies probably early next year.

I love all of my current dolls, and I think I’m going to love all of the dolls I have an order, so I’m feeling really satisfied and content, at the moment. <3

15. Right now, I am rather happy with it. I know where I want to go, and which dolls I still want. I have the 3 face sculpts (well...one of them is on its way XD) that made me fall in love with that hobby.

I am getting better with my sewing and I got motivated to try wigmaking again and shoemaking. Perhaps I would only have to rely on others for eyes in the future? Here is to wishful thinking anyway.

16. I'm pretty happy with what I have right now, although I'm currently waiting on three bodies and a couple of outfits lol

17. More than happy and proud. Owning a family of minifees has been a dream of mine since I was in high school. Now that I have them I will continue to expand my collection with other doll brands

18. I'm pretty cool because I have finally replaced a few favorite dolls that I lost to theft and I have a little family now of resin BJDs, (MSDs) to play with courtesy of a friend online who has a massive doll collection and who sent some my way when I finally got into permanent housing. Most people get dishes as housewarming gifts?

I got DOLLS.

I also bought a head and an older body myself and combined those to make a girl doll. Lucy wasn't planned but she just happened.

I haven't shown them on here yet because my online pal is still digging through the file cabinets for the paperwork on the ones she sent and I don't want to display them on here till I have it in hand. I dunno I just feel weird doing that? She buys legit but still DOA is so strict that I just want to make sure its all in my hand before I display the whole crew.

Also, they're not all dressed yet. My new FID sized boy needs an outfit and a faceup so until he's finished I don't plan on showing them off. My hybrid is almost done so probably I'll post pics of Lucy soon. I've got the paperwork and original container for her so she's DOA forum legal.

Even with the new dolls that I've acquired I don't have but a fraction of what I had but I am ok with that because my apartment here in NYC is tiny and I don't have the room for an army of dolls anyway.

19. I'll admit I haven't been in the hobby for uh. Awhile. I do know that since I'm getting back into it, I actively get to replace what I lost a few years back, two dolls included. We're talking eyes, wigs, cloths..faceups. Fun. So, lazily annoyed but looking forward to cussing at the sewing machine. And! Even though it took ten years, I finally got my hands on some Mr. Super Clear. >_> So no Dullcote for me.

20. I am quite satisfied with my collection. Even if I need some bodies to complete floating heads, even if I have dolls in need of faceup/wig/outfit/shoes/eyes, even if I can't stop buying new things.
      I don't feel overwhelmed. I don't feel frustrated. Everything is ok! :)