1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. Am really happy with my current family, had too many too fast tho but bonding well with everyone maybe except my dollfie, she is the only SD size i have, the rest are yosd. Might give her a makeover and see how it goes! :)

2. I have an impossible dream to shell most of my RPG characters as dolls but that'd be unwieldy for my space and budget. Right now I have a large and diverse crew but I'm very tempted to add more, especially if I can get a doll that fits my aesthetics AND happens to shell a character!

3. I'm feeling pretty about where my collection is right now. Everyone feels like they have a reason to be here, I enjoy them, and am feeling pretty good about my pre-ordered doll and the one I want to buy. This just feels so ground breaking for me as I'm such a finicky person that my collection felt like a revolving door from day one!
      The only iffy thing right now is probably is if the doll I'm selling does not sell. At that point I think I'll just have to cut my losses and let her back into the family, hehe :sweat

4. I am boggled at how I ended up with the number of dolls that I have. That was not the plan 10 years ago. The plan was 2 dolls. I have 53.Yeah, that idea worked well. But! I'm really happy with the dolls I have and the happiness and creativity they have given me.

5. I feel my collection has become too big in the last 14 years where I've focused mainly on BJDs but when I assess my crew, I don't really want to vote anyone off the island. That's the issue! I have really slowed down the last few years and nowadays I am just looking at clothes, shoes, and wigs to swap out in case I find something better. I don't lack the material to play with or to create but if something strikes my fancy, I'll still go and get it.

6. I completed both of the dolls I have in March, I bought some more doll accessories from the American Girl store in June and I feel unsure about what I want to do with my collection next. There are some clothes, shoes and parts I've been looking at. I've also been toying with buying a Petite Daish Illua doll from Dollmore for a while. This would be my first full set doll. Usually, I prefer blank dolls but, since I love that sculpt, none of the Petite Daish dolls are blank and the Lusion dolls are too big for me to manage, the idea of buying a full set doll has been growing on me. The dresses that come with the Petite Daish dolls are pretty and, as much as I enjoy doing my own faceups, a professional one would look nicer.

7. I'm feeling unsure about my doll family at the moment. It's increased dramatically in the last couple of years - from having just one doll for 5 years to now having 7... I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed by all the dolls. (While 7 BJDs isn't many, my other off-topic doll collections expanded in similiar ways too). However I love all my dolls and don't think I could get rid of any! >.<
      And also.... while on the one hand I feel overwhelmed on the other I want more dolls ~~~ ^_^;

8. The more I try to get concrete about my collection and the story I'm trying to tell with it, the vaguer it becomes, it seems. xD;; I am adding a couple new dolls/characters that I hope will help solidify things/change it up a bit so I regain interest in it. I'm still working on outfits/wigs/characters/setting...and I'm tempted to attempt a diorama, but I don't know if I have the skills for that yet. That's part of the joy of this hobby, though - when your characters grow and change, your dolls can change to reflect your ideas. ^_^

9. I NEED MORE!!!!

10. I need to do a purge. I have I think 6 dolls that I don't love that I got as projects to entertain myself or as impulse buys or back when I had a different taste in aesthetics and that taste has changed. I also have a floating body with no head. Something needs to change because I'm just hoarding these dolls I don't really like lol

11. I have way too many dolls that don't get the attention they deserve. Need to do a purge.

12. I'm content with my collection for now. I feel like I've settled down with the uncontrolled spending on BJDs–but that's mostly owing to me getting into nendoroids and spending my money there instead lol.

There are still quite a few dolls that are works in progress, so I'm aiming to concentrate on completing them (ie: sending them out for faceups, etc) before thinking about adding to the crew.

13. I’m ok with my current collection, but it might be too large. I have 7 dolls now that I’ve bought over 10 years in the hobby, but most of those were purchased in the initial few years when I was super excited to discover BJDs and wanted a doll in each size. I’ve already parted with 1 doll that I thought didn’t get the attention he deserved and might do that again. I’ve learned a lot about my tastes and definitely play favorites with my dolls, leaving me feeling like the other dolls are neglected. But I don’t want to hastily part with anyone and then regret it, so I will think about it for a few months.

14. I'm quite pleased with my collection right now. I have a fairly large group of dolls, about 40, which is way down from the nearly 100 I used to have. I've done several major purges & with the exception of 4 tinies that I want to part with, all my remaining dolls are ones that still make my heart beat fast. I've been collecting since 2006 & some of my favorites are among the first dolls I purchased.

Currently there are no dolls that I'm jonesing over though I wouldn't mind adding a Limwha 27cm lady & one of their new 25cm children. They would each fit a certain niche in my collection. I'm in no hurry to get them though. Unfortunately my oldest dolls don't get played with much anymore as most of them need restringing & I cannot get to their clothing at present. But they are arranged in little display vignettes that I love to look at.

15. I’m surprised how fast it’s grown. 2 years with just one girl it took me a while to bond to and now 3 more just this summer.... one of which I bonded heavily to before I even put their head back on, let alone after! I can’t believe I’m still considering more this soon!!!

16. I'm feeling good about mine. I have almost all of the OC's I wanted to shell at home. Five of them are waiting on bodies yet, but two of those five have been ordered. I just ordered my last head, and after that, I just need the four more bodies to 'complete' the collection. I'll still want a few things like jointed hands, horns, heel feet, etc, but the heads and bodies will all be home :)

I will have 33 bjd's when I'm done. I'm looking forward to being able to spend my money on clothes and shoes and accessories for them.

There is a possibility I'll be adding one more OC to the list. He doesn't come into the story until later, and I'm only just working on editing the second book now, so I have time to figure out if I want him or not.

17. I’ve got two dolls at the moment and one on the way. I feel good about the diversity between them all and would love to get more varied dolls in the future. I like having the avenue to explore different kinds of outfits and sizes.

I’m not in a huge rush but I’d like to keep growing my collection. I want to make sure I’ll absolutely love the dolls I buy so I’m willing to be patient till the right ones come along.

18. I only have one doll now but I'd like about 3 and a practice head. Though I have to wait a few months as I'm hopefihop moving into a bigger place so I can accumulate bigger items like dolls and not have storage issues

19. Right now I'm super thrilled because after three years of hunting for the right sculpts to complete the crew, my main story cast is now shelled! Side projects are still ongoing, several are unfinished, but I'm not fussed about that (yet). More side projects will happen, I'm pretty sure about that, but the main gang is home and that was my #1 goal. So yeah - super happy camper here. :whee:

20. Amount-wise, I think I either feel that it's completed or near completion. Maybe getting a third one, but not anytime soon Hahah.

Style- wise, i haven't found the perfect style for one of my girls and the other one needs me to buy her another outfit cause I think she wants it >.< but is it boring if they only have one outfit? I dunno

Character-wise, there's isn't a solid story and I'm okay with that!