1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. For the moment, I'm really frustrated with the female dolls in my collection.
      For the males it's really easy for me to pick out a sculpt I like, a body I think they'd fit best on, and then keep them like that for awhile. I bond better to them too.
      But for the girls....it's a whole another story.
      Maybe it's because of the variety of things that I could do with them, but sometimes in the end I get frustrated.
      Right now I downsized my collection a lot and I'm only going to have four female dolls (two MSD and two SD) so that I'm not as overwhelmed.

2. I love my current dolls but I want more lots more that way I can do more face ups have more dolls to wear the clothing and wigs I've made and have more dolls to take pictures of.

3. I feel just fine, my dolls are nice and pretty and I like sewing clothes for them. I sorta feel bad because I live in a small apartment and I don't have a place to set my dolls up on stands or shelves..

4. I love my current collection! I only have five full dolls currently. But I've only been in the hobby two years, so you can see I went full throttle into this hobby lol. I'm halfway finished with my collection, as I only want three more dolls to finish out my resin family. Then I'll be done. (At least I hope I'll be done haha)

5. I’m at a weird place! I’ve had a really big year this year in terms of acquiring dolls. I’ve gone from 3 SDs to 5 SDs and 5 or (or 6?) floating heads! Three of those heads are very rare, and while I didn’t have immediate plans to acquire them, I probably wouldn’t have a second chance.

So now I’ve gone from three more or less complete dolls who have plenty of clothes and accessories to several dolls that need face-ups and bodies. I’m both really satisfied to basically have heads for all of my characters, but I’m pretty daunted at the prospect of acquiring everything. :) I’ve always had a very small collection, so this is a lot at once.

6. I only have my boy Key, he is an only child and I love him so much but I always wanted a sister for him! I fell in love with iplehouse Tatiana so I'm on the search haha

7. I am so happy with my collection of 2 already, but I do want to have a huge family/resin crew. I am patient with it though, as I have to save up for dolls, ect.

8. I am at a very difficult place with my collection right now. All my dolls feel incomplete in one way or another and I have realized that I have to start accepting that I will not be able to sew clothes, paint faceup, etc. for them. I don't have the time or energy to do everything myself, but I'm the same time I really want to do everything myself.

At the moment I'm selling off some of my dolls and extra pieces in order to save money for placing clothes and faceup commissions. At least I know a faceup artist that knows what I like in a faceup ❤️

9. I'm feeling uncertain, I guess. I massively want a couple of dolls in a style that hasn't previously interested me, and some of my first dolls have been really neglected lately - but I can't quite bring myself to let go of them. In terms of storage space I'm hitting peak resin and I really need to make decisions about what to include in my collection and what would be enjoyed more by someone else. I still feel attached though!

10. I started out looking for a doll for my mother. She collects the smallish trinket / novelty type dolls and I came across a Ran in Harajuku and fell in love with her at first sight. I thought she would be the only one. Now its been about 5+ years and now I have 7 BJD type. In fact the 7th one just came to me 2 days ago. And as of now I will not part with any of them.

11. Oh my gosh, I have so many dolls I want (and even enough money tbh) but since I still live with my parents, my mom ends up talking me out of buying any more :atremblin So for now, I just have my one girl. I hope to get her more clothes wigs etc, but she has such a difficult body shape and I can't seem to find someone to comission for a pear-shaped 1/6 girl. I also plans for (hopefully) a 1/4 size girl. I just want a lot for my next doll, especially since my first girl still doesn't have many clothes, so I want a fairly realistic girl with average proportions. So I guess I'm happy with my current girl, but I just want more! (Isn't that everyone though??)

12. I am extremely happy with my crew. I enjoy my dolls and I can't wait to expand my crew! I've been collecting for a little under two years now, but I'm very excited for a wonderful future with my dolls.

13. I'm in the middle of downsizing my collection. I have 5 dolls and 1 head but it seems it is too much for me as I don't pay that much attention to any of them but one so I'm not really happy with my crew right now. In terms of space, I'll probably move out of my parents house next year to a rented place with my husband and I don't even know if I'll have room for them...
      So some of them must go, some will have to change their characters... but I hope I can be happy with them again.

14. It'll be another three months before I have to decide, but I think so.

15. I think I got too greedy and bought too many dolls too fast. I love the dolls I have and will likely not sell them, but I have a terrible habit of looking at and bidding on new dolls to satisfy the "new shiny sparkly" need. To slow down would make me appreciate what I have even more. I try to take a doll out once a month and do a photo shoot, so I'm rotating through and seeing everybody. I like that my dolls are visible and on display attractively, that's the part that reminds me I have a lovely collection for what I started with. TLDR I love what I have but I also want to grow it and make more to love.

16. I have 11 dolls and 8 of them are still blank... I feel it will take me lot of time to have all them finished but that is part of the hobby as well... I'm trying to have only dolls I really love. In the past I collected other dolls and I have sonmany, so now I'm really happy with the 11 I have by the moment.

17. Right now, I am more than satisfied with my only female doll! I have quite a few male dolls but I am not as pleased with them at the moment. I still want to add more dolls to my collection, but my top priority should be completing older projects. There are blank floating heads that need face-ups and bodies. Most of my dolls are incomplete and new sculpts can be so tempting.*_* I want to continue refining my collection to be the best of the best while also finalizing the images I have in mind for each sculpt. A proper display case would be great as well! :thumbup

18. Not so sure anymore.. :(
      After i had to sell most of my dolls last year i slowly managed to complete my characters in doll form this year, still have 3 of their bodies on the way together with my cute Daomiao who will be my crazy cat buddy that i plan to take with me as much as possible.
      But all the sudden i feel overwhelmed... Last year i had nearly 20 dolls, but after having to sell so many i was so apreciative of the ones i had left and the fact that i could give them all the attention and spoil them in many ways. But ofcourse the pretty faces tempted me again so with my incomming order i will be at 9. After last year i had set my limit at 10, but now i feel like that number should be much lower.. I always wanted dolls with great stories and clothes only fitting to their characters (wich all are extremely specific) but now i notice i'm much happier with my mini-me that i can dress in everything i like and costumes too, so, much more freedom...
      So i will be waiting for my Dollzone order to come in and see how i feel with all of them being complete, but if this feeling continues there will probably be 4 going out... :S

19. Complicated. Honestly when I got into the hobby I got overenthusiastic, bought faster than I should have, and I wish I had waited and bought more carefully. I've since pared my collection back down some, and while there are some I'd like to get I'm waiting a good long time. Also I had some time away from the hobby and unfortunately the first thing I saw on coming back to Den of Angels was the Mirodoll situation.

But I still love my first doll (Resinsoul Ya) and I've brought her back out of storage to start making things for again, and hopefully get back into the hobby.

20. I’m honestly pretty happy. I only have 2 dolls, but I’ve gotten them in the span of half a year and I’m planning on getting two more and actually sculpting another one. Right now, the two that I have need major work to become complete, but I’m just really excited about the process!