1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. I'm not quite satisfied yet, as my two floating heads need bodies. They're lovely heads, but I can't really do much with them without bodies!

2. I don't feel about my dolls as about any kind of collection. When I was 5 I had... Just dolls. And now it's the same thing. Collections are kept in beautiful closets in velvet-lined boxes, and I just have some dolls.

3. I have three dolls right now and i feel sufficient. I shouldn't splurge anymore.

4. I have a wishlist that I want to complete so I feel my collection is lacking. It's annoying that I don't have enough money to buy all the dolls I want but the anticipation makes me love them even more.

5. I'm rather content with my collection. Yes there are ones I wish to get still, but for now I'm happy with who and what I have. I just need to make sure they're all properly clothed and with decent accessories. I'm sitting with two who still need something that is for them and not out of a general pile!

6. I feel like I need more tinies and micro BJDs. I love seeing someone's doll collection when they have a shelf full of tinies,and I want to have a collection like that one day. Another thing I want to add to the collection someday is just one of those huge BJDs,90cm or bigger.

Since my original post I've changed my mind lol

#106 DahliaDevere, Nov 10, 2018
      Last edited: May 18, 2019
    7. I'm only just starting my BJD collection, so I'd say I'm in between contented, and greedy for more. I already have plans for dolls I'd like to buy, but only have a Tiny that is in my possession, and a MiniFee on the way sometime soon (gimme that tracking number! raglkasjdf).

Actually, no. I'm definitely greedy for more. I've made little spreadsheets for where I'd like to go with my next two dolls, already. hahaha

8. I definitely want to get one of my floating heads a body and also shell at least one more OC after that (just gotta decide at what age first).

After that I could probably honestly be perfectly happy capping my collection there, but I may or may not end up shelling some of the other secondary characters from the story that most of my current dolls belong to. It all depends on funds, but it isn't something that I feel like I absolutely must do.

9. i feel like it went out of control when i wasn't looking... like i went to sleep one day with a solid 8 and woke up to an explosion of 20 a couple months later. i am happy with every one of them, for sure, and i still have purchase plans that are slowly coming to a close.

10. My new year resolution was to buy clothes/shoes/etc for my dolls since I thought I was done adding to the crew....

Now I have bought like one more doll and am contemplating another... and the new body has a head share because I liked the $25 head I got for face up experiments more than I thought I would

Haven't gotten much done on the clothes and shoes front... I wanted a girl doll for high heels' sake and I am still at one pair!

I don't think I am content with my collection. Partly because only two dolls have as many outfits as I want and l keep finding new aesthetic niches I want a doll to fill lol

Also a bit uncontent with my sewing lately. I think I am one of those spots in art where my observation has improved but my hands haven't so I feel more annoyed about my finished product.

11. Not really a collection, I have two dolls but will be posting one to the MP soon because bonding never happened in our years together.

Right now I think I'll be happy with just the one MSD and have fun building a wardrobe and improving my photography :) I've had a lot of difficulty finding eyes but I'm feeling very hopeful about an order I've recently placed.

That being said I have my eye on a few dolls and it would be exciting to buy straight from a company in the next year or so.... but two dolls are more of a couple than a collection.

12. Right now I have two dolls and one floating head. I've been wanting to complete two of my incomplete dolls before I buy new ones, but for me this has been a very hard year for me and things kept getting in my way! I am very excited right now because 2019 is looking to be a much better year for me and my dolls. I can't wait to finish my army of BJD's I have so much planned!

13. I feel extremely content with my collection now after a dozen years in the hobby.:) My collection is holding steady these days. I truly never dreamed I’d have so many when I first started out all those years ago...but the creative ideas just kept flowing. Looking back, I’m totally jazzed that I managed to pull it all off on such a limited budget. It’s miraculous really! I know I have a lot, but really when I think about it, I’ve only purchased 2-3 dolls per year (which has kept things managable.) They all have characters, face-ups, displays, and wardrobes (thank goodness I can sew and do my own face-ups!) I can honestly tell you that my thrill for this hobby has never waned, and that while my collection has changed as my tastes have refined over the years, it has always kept me totally creatively driven. So yeah,:sweat I’m in a very happy place with my collection right now.

#113 PoeticSoul, Nov 13, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    14. I actually wrote a post on this on facebook. I feel disheartened and depressed, where they once were therapeutic, and i think its because at the moment they are in utter disarray and incomplete. Family emergencies and life can precedence over dolls any day. With that said, I may be utter disheartened by them, I still love them and one day hope I an get them where I want, as well as add new dolls =/

15. Pretty good actually. I'm finishing up a couple of dolls that I want to hybrid and I think I'll be relatively "done".

16. Intrigued. I'm relatively new to the hobby, and I've got 2.5 dolls in my collection. (Layaway MDR Mousse is the half doll in every sense of the word!) I'm interested and excited to see what I can do with what I have, and I'm eager to explore a lot of the creative elements of the hobby. All of this adds up to a lot of uncertainty, but also, a great deal of positive interest.

17. I'm so happy with my collection right now! I've been building it since 2013 according to a pretty specific wishlist/plan of what dolls I wanted to include, and as of December I feel like I'm finally done with the buying phase-- which is a huge relief. I've always found the buying part of the hobby stressful...I tend to like sculpts that don't seem super popular and I'm always worried they'll be discontinued before I can save up for them (it happened a couple of times when I first started, and I had to revise my plans).

I'm also really contented with the size of my collection-- at 10 SD size dolls I feel like I have enough for a nice range of different styles/characters but not so many that it's overwhelming, unmanageable or too hard to work on everyone.

Overall I'm super grateful to have the dolls that I do, and excited to continue with my favorite part of the bjd hobby-- working on customizing them and making stuff for them :love

18. Scattered. I’m questioning where I want to go from here.
      With 3 really great dolls landing last year, and 2 returning to my collection, it set my opinion of my whole collection upside down.
      1. I have too many dolls.
      2. I’m not sure exactly how many is too many yet so I want to take complete inventory, call it ‘doll KonMari’ I guess!
      3. I have one storyline but I’m not sure how much I want to flesh it out in shelled dolls vs just the main 3 characters, I have 6 full dolls but most can switch character since they are faceplates.
      4. Partner gave one of his girls up completely, she came back to me and he re-shelled his other, her original sculpt also came back to me as well so I’m not sure what to do with these 2 ‘new’ large refugees (stowaways?) One fits with some of my other dolls but one decidedly does not.
      5. I’m often indecisive about selling or trading away dolls from my collection in general so I always hesitate.

19. I feel excited about my current crew because I feel tantalizingly close to completing my original vision for them. I have a few incoming, and a couple of heads who need bodies but their plans are well underway. Then I'm excited to finish them, I always intended to make most of their clothing and I'm currently teaching my husband to sew and he's learning by making doll clothes so their wardrobes are growing quite steadily. There's a couple of dolls I still want to get but they're not integral parts of my story so I'm not in a rage to get them home right now.

20. My collection is in a pretty good spot right now. A doll I had thought got away from me should arrive at my door in a week, and I have two DDs on pre-order for the end of 2019.
      I do feel that all my dolls are the same skin color though which is starting to bug me. I think 2020 will be the year of tan dolls!
      I also am going to focus a lot on the actual 'character designs' and outfits of my current collection. One of my dolls needs two very involved outfits for his characters and I am anxious to get that started.