1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. So much anticipation! I just placed the order for what I'm hoping is my final doll. I never meant to get more than two, but I've never bonded well with the second one I bought. So then I had three and I felt that #2 was kind of left out, but still didn't want to try to sell him. I'm going to try out working on his faceup a bit myself then see how he looks with the new doll. I'm hoping doll #4 will help me bond with doll #2. :lol: Meanwhile, there's much work to be done getting a new wardrobe ready. I can't wait to see how the new boy comes together!

2. Content. I’m happy to work on my sculpts & on accessories/sewing. I’m not desperate for any new additions to the collection! I started in 2015, so it’s the first t8me I’ve felt like there’s no other dolls I desperately need (save for some characters I’ll be making as there’s no existing sculpts to fit them).

3. Towards the autumn last year I felt like I was really sorted collection wise, had everything going in the right direction..... but fast forward a few months and I have sold a couple of them and currently only have one full doll at home. I have several floating heads though all waiting on bodies and a couple of full dolls on layaway or on shipping. I have realised I have two favourites, and the others are just constantly in flux (it is how I collect and always have done, I like to see them in person, then move them on to see others, but don't have the space to store many dolls) so I'm trying to change that as it is an expensive way to be active in the hobby.

I think by the spring/summer I'll have a clearer idea of who is staying and who won't be, and then I'd like to stop. I am really enjoying getting furniture and props at the moment and would like to free up my hobby money for this side of things which isn't possible with the way I currently have a revolving doll door going!

In terms of how my collection will look in a few months time, I think I am going to be really satisfied, I have some incoming dolls that I am very excited about. So, I think I am pleased with my collection right now, even though some aren't home yet! I'm enjoying reading this thread, so I think I'll come back and look at it again once the in-transit bunch arrive to update this post :)

4. I feel like there is a cohesiveness to my collection now. I've just started in this hobby a year ago and I went a little buy-crazy, but im paring down slowly. I'm realizing that there's a differencd between dolls that I love and dolls that I'd love to own. It's so hard though, picking feelers and selling them! Theres one that is basically a statue but she so cute I don't have the heart to sell her.....any advice about growing a seller spine would be fantastic right about now.

5. Unpleasant. It was two days ago, that my oldest doll turned 3 years old. One day I dressed them nicely and put them back on their shelf. Later that day, my beloved cat died. I couldn't take them in my hands anymore and it's been almost a year since. My dolls are supposed to aid me in these situations, which is why I originally started this hobby, but I feel bad just thinking about getting over my cat someday.

6. I'm new to the BJD scene and only have one doll so far. Shes not even here yet to be honest; delivery date is set to tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to growing my collection, though. I'm a little disappointed in my collection right now but only because I want more! ^^

7. I'm pretty satisfied with my collections.
      My dolls has wonderful outfits, make up and they are very beautiful. My friends all say I own the world haha.

8. I am feeling excited and inspired by my collection at the moment. I'm allowing myself to put more time and energy into my interests this year than ever before in my life and I'm finding so much joy! I've already bought a doll and a head this year, learned to make wigs and eyes, and I'm getting more confident posting here and on Instagram. I have so many doll goals!

9. That it's slightly too large, and that I really need to focus on dressing all the nude dolls I have instead of looking at the MP for others to buy... LOL!!

10. content and happy - I only started collecting at the end of last year and really happy with mine I have even done a room box for them, I have a few on order that should arrive throughout the year but don't intend getting too many more as I don't really have the space

11. I feel a iittle overwhelmed. I actually just brought in my seond SD sized BJD and I don't think he'll be sticking around for very long :( I love the sculpt, but I feel that one is enough and I like being able to spoil him as much as I'd like to. I'll probably get a nicebox/head display for the new boy.
      But, worst thing is, Im sculpting my own doll and he's gonna be SD sized too... so I'm not sure how thats going to work our as of right now.
      I think I'm going to end of selling and keeping my small ones and my biggest special boy, Maya :)

12. I am very happy with my crew, although many of them are not complete. My grail body is going to be shipped soon so I'm hoping she will work for the character I wanted. I have several floating heads that need bodies and most of my characters are missing either clothes or wigs/accessories. But overall, I am very happy with them all and am hoping to just work on the ones I have for a while now.

13. I got my first bjd a year ago, but now I also own a myou doll head, and i' m getting the body soon!^^
      Of course my collection isn' t complete yet, I want more haha

14. I have had my oldest bjds since 2006. I've bought and sold a lot of dolls over the years, though I haven't purchased a bjd in probably six years, until this week. I'm pretty happy with my collection overall. This latest purchase brought me to 10, which is my absolute limit. I'm not happy with the amount of time I've had for the hobby in the last few years, and there are some things I'd really like to do like re-stringing several dolls since they're mostly 8-13 years old, but I'm very happy with who's here.

15. currently, I have one 'weird' doll, its a dollzone star (only a torso, therefore quite weird to have around. I also have to tinies from doll chateau that I am waiting for (currently a month in on the waiting time). I sold my only full doll a few days ago. my room feels so empty, it's not like I regret it or anything it just seems so empty in my room and I can't wait 'till I have enough savings to buy a 'normal' doll.

16. .

#136 Gintsumi, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    17. Love all my BJD's I have at the moment and the few that are coming back home this weekend!! YAY!!
      I love the older dolls. CP/Luts Delf, Volks FO-1, Elfdoll, Iplehouse, Soom Gem. This is the era I joined this awesome hobby.
      So I will keep looking for more.

18. I'm at the weird state where I feel like I have too many but at the same time I want to buy more... Not sure how that work but I end up causing my self hobby stress/frustrations because I want to sell my doll just to be able to replace a new doll lol. I guess I'm trying very hard to keep less than 10-15 dolls total in my collections.

19. I was hoping to get my collection down to the 5 currently in my signature, but I think I am just going to have to give up and keep all the dolls I have. I wasn't able to get a buyer for the most expensive one I wanted to sell, even at a massive price drop, so it doesn't seem worth bothering with for the others. So much for downsizing!!

20. I have 8 dolls at most, but now there are only 2 dolls, my little daughter and her boyfriend. I think it is much more fun now than it used to be.