1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. Right now, I'm a little bit disheartened by my collection. I bought a bunch of heads -- they were on sale for a limited time -- that I thought would be perfect for my characters but seeing them in person, they really aren't what I'm going for. They don't fit in with the other dolls in my crew that I am happy with. Now I'm trying to sell them and a doll by the same company just get my money back. I also bought another doll that I've wanted since I saw him, only to find a doll that's an even more perfect shell for the character.

Largely, I'm at a standstill and it's really getting to me. :( I'm not making enough money to be able to pour some into my dolls so the few I do have are sitting around naked. I haven't really worked on them at all and it just really bums me out.

2. My collection right now is probably a little bigger than it should be considering it's barely been one year since I got my first girl. I now have 2 girls and 2 boys (3rd girl on the way), but I have been very fortunate to be able to get all of these. My two boys were second hand so I was able to get a nice deal on them. However one of my boys is white skin, he came in so much lighter than I was anticipating by the pictures. I am considering selling it since he looks off with the rest of my collection. I'm super happy with it regardless and I've been having tons of fun sewing for them (even though my first girl has the most clothes haha)

3. I am not as satisfied with my collection as I wish to be. Only 2 out of my 5 dolls are good enough, the other 3 do not match the characters I want. I am already eyeing new dolls but I don't want to pile up too many dolls yet and I want to be satisfied with the collection I already have first.
      I am probably changing their faceups and will see if it helps.

4. I want to get more dolls, I only have one now but once i feel like i can commit to this hobby, I'll definitely buy 4 or 9 more.

5. My collection feels quite naked right now. Which could be because many of my dolls need an outfit. BADLY. I'm surrounded by nudists.

6. This made me laugh :lol: Good luck with finding clothes for your dolls!

I'm quite happy with my collection at the moment. 3 dolls seems like a good balance to me, though it would be fun buying one more...

7. My collection is good, I love diversity, I have a lot of dolls from different companies, i only had one msd ,the rest were all sd size. I bought a lot of heads only to save money. I would like to get more full dolls with head and body.

8. Sorta dissatisfied. I’ve been in the hobby for a little while now but I still feel like such a newbie! I only have one full doll and regret selling off the others I’ve had. I’m working on building my collection back up, but still feel a bit burnt on selling dolls I definitely cannot replace. I learned my lesson well :doh

9. My collection is bigger than I expected. I though I was gonna have just one doll. When I receive my dolls on layaway I’ll have 20 dolls.
      But I still want more. Really want to get to a point where I’m satisfied.

10. my doll family is being formed right now since i am only into this hobby for 2 month. 2 grown boys at home now. 1 more on the way. I am thinking to get a 80cm boy and ready to click the "buy" button anytime now. 4 grown dolls will be enough for me, as every one of them is meaningful to me. I haven't found a 5th doll to my liking. I will take care the dolls i currently have and will be very happy.

11. I need more clothes for my 1/6 girls. I plan on only collecting YoSD sized dolls, with exception made for Volks. I really want a male doll but I have no idea how I would dress him to make him fit in.

12. I'm happy with the dolls I have, I'm mostly looking to get bodies for my floating heads. Sitting at 6 with the floaters. I've given thought to getting others but never very seriously. Wishy washy things like, oh Sir Thomas would love to have Edith with him! or I think I could find some nice dolls to shell Joker and Akechi. But if I never get another after my six current babies I'll probably be fine.

I don't see myself owning more than 10 ultimately.

13. Of course, I don't make it easy on myself, because I want to do it all myself. And I can't sew XD.

14. I feel like I am doll-less to be honest. My only doll is now retired to her box, because she is just too big to me. I can't think of any character for her, so I put her away. I didn't know how to sew, or make wigs for her and I think that that is how I really get into my dolls is making stuff for them. I'm saving up for a new doll though, so I hope soon I'll have a new doll to refresh my mindset on the hobby!

15. I feel very happy with my collection at the moment- but also a tiiiny bit overwhelmed? I have 17 dolls, mostly SDs, and it's quite a lot of resin to be honest! But I really adore all of the dolls I currently have, and I don't wish to part with any of them right now- so no downsizing for me in the near future. I'm hoping to spend the rest of 2019 trying to focus on the dolls I have, make them new wigs and sew them new outfits, rather than bring new dolls home (which I cannot afford anyways haha)^^

16. well ive been in the hobby for two years. been through two dolls and am getting a head that on the way. I have high hopes for my future collection!

17. Some things have changed since my last post so I'm actually really excited! I've picked up a few bodies for my floating heads, and I finally have more than one girl doll. I feel like I've made progress in the direction I'd like to go, so I don't mind the other unfinished projects hanging out.

18. I feel conflicted about my group right now. I like all the dolls I have, but some of them are limited in their posability. After six years in the hobby I'm waiting for doll 20, and barely any of group is finished.

19. I have a pretty nice little herd of dolls but due to life circumstances only a few on display. I'm getting rid of all my dolls but the bjds as they really are my love. I don't think I will ever rule out adding more dolls and displaying, dressing and creating dioramas for them is my favorite hobby. I did just score a cool hanging lantern I'm turning into a little display so two more girls can come out plus a tiny or two. I can't wait to get settled and really enjoy them again. I can get lost for hours with them and they more than anything helped me get through all the loss and turmoil of the past few years and are helping me to start over.

20. I guess I am building a vampire Imperium and I am very happy with it. ♥️ I love all my vampire girls