1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Your Collection Right Now?

Sep 12, 2018

1. For me, I bought and sold many dolls, but right now, I love my collection, it really correspond to myself ! I am just waiting for two other girl, who will make my collection more perfect ^_-

2. im a little sad with my collection atm because most my dolls arent here yet so the wait is killing me , i feel once the majority of them are here i'll be in love

3. My collection and the whole BJD hobby for me has been boxed up and put away for a while now, and I've missed them. I always liked having them out where I could look at them, but I've been sorting out a lot of different things in my life and I felt like the least I could do was protect them from the light and dust until I could give them my attention again.

Things have gotten better for me now, I'm looking forward to getting back into the hobby and having the resin kids back. (*^ ^*)

4. I'm really happy with my crew right now! Everyone has nice faceups, clothes and almost all of them have shoes~ :thumbup
      I don't have any floating heads, and I have several grails/dolls I have wanted for a long time! :aheartbea There's still a faceplate that I'm trying to sell, one or two dolls I might consider selling in the near future because I'm not as attached to them as my others, and a looong wishlist, but I'm content for now haha. I'm really glad, because I have had a lot of ups and downs in the hobby and at times I have been really unhappy with my crew.

5. I got my first BJD a few years back but I didn't do much with her. I did try restrung her, body blushing and even hot glue method so I guess she is my lab rat. :D But even though she's pretty I just don't feel the connection. So I am now looking for my grail doll (racoon doll or iplehouse JID it would be it seems for now). Not sure what I do with her once the new arrives. Sell her or keep her for my children when they grow up maybe.

6. I'm happy with the collection I have but I do feel overwhelmed by just how many I have at present. I'm working on figuring out how to downsize without making any mistakes. I don't want to sell any I'll regret letting go of later. As I've mostly got dolls from individual artists and now discontinued sculpts, I know I can't replace any of them easily.

#166 beatnik, Jul 8, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    7. I really like my collection, but I feel like I might be reaching the limit of how many dolls I should own at once. I have 17 dolls total, including works in progress/floating heads.

8. My collection just feels incomplete lol. Mostly because none of my dolls are completed at all. They all need something, whether it's a re-stringing or a new body, or clothing.

I'm super determined to work on them throughout the year though.

9. I've only 2 more full dolls to get, a couple heads, maybe a body, and some faceups. I feel pretty good about this cause I had a TON of dolls on that wish list :D

10. I’m happy with them but they’re not complete so two out of three I have in my possession are just meh.

11. An absolute work in progress.... but I'm patient! :D

12. Terrible, quite frankly. I have two floating heads that need bodies, a body that needs a head, and a head that's damaged in need of repairs.

I love the rest of my dolls, though.

13. I'm satisfied with what I have, but I'm feeling that it's a bit incomplete. :'D I'm kind of a newbie to the hobby, so I only have one doll, which when I first got him, I was telling myself that one should be enough, but well...I don't think one is enough. :doh (He's lonely!! He needs a friend!! :'D) I don't want to rush the purchase of a new doll though, so I'm hoping to take my time and decide on what my ideals are for my collection.

14. I'm in a new house and finally have my dolls back out again. My new room has lovely high wall shelves where my dolls can still be in sight while safe from sunbeams and cats. (the cats shouldn't be in the room at all but they're so darn sneaky!) It's been lovely to be able to enjoy them again. I'm making some new clothes right now.

15. It's done. Too many dolls, too many clothes & accessories. Sold a LOT of dolls & just have a few more I want to part with. I'm very satisfied with what I kept which is still a lot & will definitely be clearing out clothes, shoes & accessories. I'll be moving, possibly as early as next year & won't have as much storage space.

16. I never thought I'd have more than a few dolls however at the moment I feel like I have too many but at the same time I like the ones I have and want more

17. I'm happy, I've managed to shell OCs this year that I wasn't sure I would get, but I'm glad I did, I have my first SD girl and she'll likely be my first hybrid too, so that's a little exciting. I'm also really happy because I wanted to shell a group of my OCs that are really close to my heart (not sure why but they've always been my favourite), and after owning only one of them for 5 years or so, I now have heads for two others~ if I can shell the other 4 then I think I could more or less stay at 19 (or 20 since I prefer round numbers), dolls for a good few years.

Mind you, they're all living in my wardrobe back home and it's getting quite cramped, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can have them with me in their own proper display area some day soon! In the meantime I need to get bodies for the 3 remaining heads, some clothes, and a good few face ups, so I'll pour my attention into that for now.

18. I am very excited and satisfied about my collection at the moment.
      I currently own 13 Dolls, 1 floating head and 3 pre-ordered cuties :D
      Finally, 4 of my dolls are 100% finished. (As in eyes, wigs, face up and at least one outfit)
      It took them forever to come home and I have so much fun styling them and making photos.

My current limit is 20 Dolls, since there are 2-3 Dolls I really want to buy. But I don`t have to hurry, since they are limited and I stalk them at manda. (And they have been there for a long time)
      Sometimes, I think about downsizing. There are around 4 dolls in my collection where I don`t have a fitting character for them.
      But sometimes, it just takes some time. I got a doll half a year ago and I got ideas for his character last week.

I try to finish all of my dolls until I buy/sell new... and I want to make photos with all of them :D

19. I'm asking myself a lot of questions right now.
      I'm not completely satisfied with my collection.
      Choices are complicated. I sell some of it, but I'm not sure.
      I am especially disappointed with my ability to succeed in a customization.
      I doubt and I never have any ideas.
      Otherwise, I'm still satisfied with the dolls I have but I would like them to be more WOW !

20. Have you tried high quality eyes? They can add so much to the doll.