1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you feel when a buyer listed the doll you sold?

Apr 27, 2017

1. I would be offended that I wasn't able to get that price for it. It's really annoying when your doll stays in the MP for months despite a low price, but identical dolls that are priced for more sell before yours. :T

2. I do feel bad but happen knowing it could go to another loving home

3. I had a difficult transaction with someone a few years back where they wanted to do a partial trade for a doll I was selling. I had trouble communicating with them, ended up giving up on a "commission" they were supposed to partially trade with me and just taking something premade because they kept putting it off... it was honestly very frustrating. Nowadays I probably would just back out and sell to someone else but I felt bad at the time so I still sold them the doll. It was fine, I did get the money and the item I wanted and they seemed happy... but just a few months later I saw them trying to sell him for several hundred more than I had listed him for. Obviously he was theirs so they could list him for whatever they wanted, but it annoyed me so much. I wouldn't sell to them again basically... :roll:
      I had a few bad transactions that year and I regret being too much of a doormat to actually leave them bad feedback at the time. I would do that now or more probably just back out of the sale, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess:eusa_sile
      Overall I don't mind if someone sells a doll I sold them if they can't bond or need the money, but selling it for a lot more than I sold it for and/or selling really fast (unless it's a financial emergency, I totally understand that) does annoy me. Still it's their right once they own the doll, so oh well

4. I have never sold a doll, but I think I wouldn't mind if the buyer would decide to sell it for profit. It's not always possible to bond with a doll, and if I sell one for cheap (because I need money quickly, etc.) and someone decides to buy it and then sell it for profit, I gotta respect their business sense.

5. This happened to me once, but its a trade. I traded 1 of my doll with a frd cos she says she like it alot! But i told her firmly if she dont want it must sell it to me! She secretly sold it less than 1 month after getting her! I heard from others her intention all along was to sell it cos its a fairyland. Very disappointed with her! But its my own fault i didnt see her greed!

6. I can see how this situation can suck. No matter why you're feeling upset, your feelings are valid. Different people will react differently to a circumstance, that's only natural because everybody's different, so don't feel pressured to adopt someone else's way of looking at the circumstance if it doesn't feel "correct" to you. Each individual's feelings are personal to themselves, and there isn't a right way or a wrong way to feel; that question comes into play when one acts on their feelings. I don't know if your buyer took advantage of you, but I don't think it's at all your fault that she didn't bond with your doll.

7. I really don't care. I got the money for it, so it's hers to be happy with. And I can tell, that she is way too happy with that doll, and won't sell him. But if she sold it, It just not my business anymore.

8. If I've sold a doll I don't tend to keep tabs on what the new owner does with it unless of course we're in contact via IG or elsewhere. If they sell it for more than they paid me, I wouldn't be bothered by that either as it's none of my business.

9. If the doll is sold for a lot more than my original price, I confess it would sting a little. Never happened to me, though. Sometimes, we need to sell a doll we really love, because we need to get some money fast. In this case, if she is a favorite and we have a special connection to her (and it happens so often) it can hurt and make us feel seller's remorse LOL I have sold dolls that I adored, because I needed the money and I knew they were coveted dolls that would sell fast.

10. I haven't kept track of any of the dolls I've sold, so if they resold for a higher price I don't know about it. Sounds like that's for the best.

11. I agree, Safira :)

12. I don't really keep track of what happens at my old dolls' new homes. I would feel kind of unlucky if they flip it for more expensive than they bought it but eh, who can predict resale prices.

Though one time I saw I doll I face-uped for sale. Hope my face up helped...

And one time ages ago I sold a modded doll and saw the buyer asking how to unmod it in the workshop which felt kind of weird to me despite the fact I didn't do the mod.

13. I've never sold a doll before, and I don't ever intend to, but I think I would be frustrated. It depends on the situation, though. For me, I only sell things for what they're actually worth, and that's something I've unfortunately heard/seen is a huge problem in this hobby. Unless something is discontinued or limited, its value doesn't increase over time - it decreases. A used item should sell for less than a brand-new item. So if I were ever to sell a doll, I would sell it for what it's actually worth, taking into account potential yellowing, if they need restringing, if anything is worn, whether they come with any items, etc. If the person I sold it to then resold it for the price of a brand-new doll, or even higher...I would be a tad miffed, because I view that as dishonest. If they sold it for an honest price, though - even if it was higher than what I sold it for - I wouldn't care, though I might feel a bit sad for them since they obviously didn't get enjoyment out of the doll or had to sell them due to personal issues. In the end, though, it would be out of my control, since it wouldn't be my doll anymore. How I feel wouldn't have any bearing on the situation.