1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you keep your dolls?

Dec 27, 2006

1. My cat and my room mate's cat are pretty uninterested in the dolls. The only time they get knocked off is when the kitties try to get into the window behind my bed (which has REALLY thick curtains and besides never gets much light, so I never really have to worry about sunlight) by getting on the headboard, where I sometimes keep my dolls. A few times this has resulted in dolls on my boyfriend and I's heads in the middle of the night, but otherwise no damage done (aside from the occasional headache!). The cats thankfully never attack the dolls, so leaving them out in the open is safe! :eusa_pray

2. So shelves seem the best bet for keeping dolls on, then. This is my first, you see, and want to get lots of input!

3. My dolls usually sit on the top of my bookshelf (it's a short bookshelf) when I'm not doing anything with them. Sometimes one or both of them sit on the corner of my desk, but my desk is pretty small, so usually if I'm working on something they have to move so I can spread books out.

I don't have a cat at my apartment, but when I was living with my parents our cat never bothered the doll (I only had one then) except to sit on her occasionally. He just likes to sit on things. All kinds of things.

4. There's exactly one place in the house that I know the cats can't get to (or at least are not smart enough to get to): the very top shelf of my manga bookshelf, over by my computer desk.

So that's where my dolls are. I'm not stupid. :sweat

5. I keep mine on top of my sister's dresser since it's taller than mine but that doesnt seem to deter my kitty Bailey.He's stubborn as a mule and gets up there anyway.He really enjoys grooming their wigs.But then again,he's a little OCD and grooms just about everything obsessively.He also likes to sleep on their laps if they are left on the bed but he never hurts them.

6. Wow, so many people have cats. I only have pets that spend most of their time contained. Only two birds, a turtle, and a hermit crab.

Dashiell has his own side of my room, with a wardrobe, a lounge chair, a storage chest, and his box turned into a bed. He has a ton of plushies, books, and other trinkets in his room too.

7. My boys sit right next to me on my desk unless I decide to carry them around the house~Otherwise, they sit on the desk and look pretty :3 It's a nice shady little spot for them and I know they're safe there when I leave the house!

8. My dear Kaye is currently sitting in her chair on my desk when I can't take her around. Though I am thinking bout making her a little up away from the devil kitty <3

Good luck!

9. I think mine will sleep next to me, on a makeshift bedside table I have (a box XD). My cats might try to chew her up, but I keep my door closed so it probably won't be a problem. Once I get my room re-done, I'll be making her her own little room out of a box.

I'll remove the top and front so there's plenty of light and I can get to her. And I'll give her some furniture and stuff. ;D

10. my kids have a spot up on top of my bookshelf bordered by foamboard and decorated to be thier bedroom

11. Harumatsu tends to be where-ever I am... At the moment, he's sitting here on CodeMonkey's computer desk, right beside me. The others have various places around our living room. The tops of bookshelves, the countertop between the living room and the kitchen, a little sofa on the end table... That sort of thing.

Since this tribe of mine is getting pretty big, I've considered moving some of them to the bedroom and library rather than having everyone out at once... but I sort-of like being able to see all of them when I'm home.

We do have two cats, but neither of them are especially interested in the dolls. ^_^

#31 Brightfires, Dec 27, 2006
      Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    12. On the top of one bookshelf in my room there's a doll-sized couch, and the "Hunters" (Rose, her adopted son Tim, and her boyfriend Nic) sit on that. On the top of bookshelf on the other side of the other side of the room is a nice metal chair for Lord Mandali (because if he got near the Hunters, they'd fight ;) ), and on the shelf below him live Keitaro and Tsukiko, as well as Keitaro's wolves and the two dragons that seem to have latched on to Tsukiko.

My cats aren't allowed in my bedroom, however, so I'm afraid I'm not very helpful there.

13. my dolls....... are currently occupying my desk and chair. i can't afford any extra space for them.

so.... they sit on my chair and desk every night and i sleep with them staring me constantly........ :barf

14. Hello!!!!!my boy just out grow is living space, so i went down to LOWE'S(i love that place because thats my last name:lol: ) and bought him a larger dresser that has plenty of room for his clothes and crap. a little bit ago i was so lucky to nail a doll size painting couch at an antique mall. It cost 75$$$$, but but who care's.
      [​IMG]

he also as a fur rug ;)Rudolph perfer's to stand most of the time so
      i nailed the back of his new dresser to the wall so it wont fall off too easy (a month ago my 2 cats got into a fight and knock him off his first shelf)

i'm hopping to soon be getting another doll, i think i'll just have to buy her, her own shelf because Rudolph has to much stuff on his:lol:

15. I actually have a place in my bedroom, next to my bed just for my dollies. I have an antique doll bed (that's been in my family for about 4 generations) that I made a new mattress, sheet set & comforter for. They actually are tucked in at night (yes, I actually tuck them in). Why? I guess it's the 'mom' part of me.. hehe. Force of habit. ;D

Next to that, is a roller drawer (plastic), which houses all of their clothes, shoes, wigs, and accessories. Atop it, is a wood chair, where during the daytime, Naoko has claimed. ^_^

Next to that, is a blue pinstripe upholstered chair, where Toharu and Nyoko sit together in. Of course, they have a little table, where they keep their glasses and drinks. heh.

Next to THAT, is an antique doll bunkbed for mini's. (Yo's and smaller) Koneko likes to sit on the top bunk, with her legs hanging down. While Kumiko sleeps in the bottom bunk with the 2 color knit blanket I've made for her. It came complete with mattresses and pillows! ^_^

And finally next to THAT is a mini table and chair, for Kumiko to play in during the daytime. *nodnod*

Now, about 2-3 paces from them, is a TV stand with our LCD, that has a frosted glass cabinet containing all of their glass items in it. ^_^

During the daytime they sit out, at night they go to bed. *nod* I DO have 2 cats, to which, when I place them in the bed, the smaller of the 2 tries to snuggle with. And when they're in their chairs, the larger tries to snuggle on their laps (it's all too adorable). And when they aren't in the bed, or on the chair, the cats are keeping their place warm. lol.

Now, depending on the day, I DO have a spot with a dolly couch and some other decor in my frontroom too. It just really depends on what's going on. Typically they're out when company is over. *nod*

Whoo, that was a mouthful. LOL. :sweat :sweat

16. I have the top of a dresser and a desk free for Thalia when I finally get her body-right now, her head just sits safely near my bed. I'm planning on getting her and her future friend some furniture-I really love the idea of those cute 'lil doll-couches! <33

17. Most of my kids live in a big glass cabinet arranged with furniture & props. Several more live on the bookshelves & I don't know where I'll put the ones on order. I'm out of room! Guess I need to sell some more dolls to free up another shelf in the cabinet.

18. My girls don't have a house or anything, they lie in their boxes on my bedroom floor, except for the Obitsu hybrid, who stands (love those magnet feet! )

19. I usually keep my doll on my desk, where she can sit out of the sunlight and yet still be visible to me.

As for the concern of cats, my cat (who is the type who needs to get into everything and investigate everything) has not even shown the least inclination to even sniff my girl, and this is when she is even down on a little seat on the floor! I don't think most cats really care about dolls, unless some kind of smell they are attracted to/repelled by gets onto the dolls' clothes or wigs.

20. Squirt bottle. Works like a charm. I have several around the room. I also keep the mohair-wigged ones up higher, to avoid too much temptation.

Mine are on my desk, on the bookshelf, posing as a centerpiece for the dining table, or in the dollhouse (the tinys, that is). They never see their boxes once they're here, those get stored.